Show messages by
This Post:
316778.71 in reply to 316778.70
Date: 12/06/2022 03:01:30
Linndale
IV.21
Overall Posts Rated:
...inside the GM office…

Pio Reina: “Look, we have a big problem here and no clear way to solve it. Our starting guards are far and away our best players, but they’re just not effective enough. We need them to make the game easier for the younger guys and that’s just not happening.”

Coach: “We lack scoring on the second unit. I know Sutori had to be moved, but man we miss him.”

GM: “I know the feeling; guys. Lutz seems like he’s having a down year, but… he’s not. We’ve got to figure out how to better integrate Kamp into things. He and Lutz are the keys to this team.”

Pio: “We also have to keep working the bigs. There’s more in the tank for all of them, we just have to find how to get it out of them.”

Coach: “Czagala, Datler, Guevara are trending fine, and will be better when Garcaa gets better integrated. I especially like the center rotation right now; we might be on to something there. We just need to see Nick and Czagala keep up what they’re doing.”

Pio: “I think Garcaa and Guevara have to be on the floor together right now, but that could change next season if Czagala can improve his shooting.”

Coach: “To see Nick off the bench with Datler would be something, but I think that’s about 2 years away. Nick is clearly the better perimeter player over Czagala; it’s the inside game where Nick is a bit behind him.”

GM: “I’m hearing you guys want to stay the course with the bigs and we gotta get more out of the guards. Is that right?”

Pio: “I think we’re in agreement there. I also think we’re in agreement that we may have to sacrifice a game or two in order to develop the rookies. Gross needs to play more. Jung needs minutes. I really want to see what we can do with Reese.”

Coach: “You know, Pio and I have been thinking about how to get more out of Brown and Teti…”

Pio: “...but before we do anything we need to know are there any surprises coming?”

GM: “I can’t say for sure; you guys know the guys we got weren’t exactly planned, but when an opportunity presents itself I’ll take it.”

Coach: “You’re still not a good poker player.”

GM: “Good thing we’re not playing poker, isn’t it?”

This Post:
316778.72 in reply to 316778.71
Date: 12/06/2022 13:12:43
San Dominica Warriors
III.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Announcer: "I’m Hunt Mosley and I’m here with the San Dan legend himself Brett Rodriguez on
the Warrior Sports Network previewing tonight’s game between your San Dominica Warriors and the Spartans of Philadelphia.

Brett, the Warrior got off to a bad start, with a promising win to open the season but then 0 for 3 following that but have been on a tear since. What do they have to do tonight to keep that streak going?"

Rodriguez: "I don’t really see them having to do anything all that different from what they
have been doing pretty much since Coach got here. There were a few people who were talking about hitting the panic button after the loss to 209 but all that’s changed is that we’re starting to see the process pay off. Granja has become a significant presence on the offensive end giving LAB some help and the defense has been typical Coach Stephenson San Dominica defense."

"But for tonight. First of all this is not going to be a trap game. Coach will not be looking to the Hustlas. I already know Coach is going to be about stopping what he calls the two rotation points, in this case PG Harmo Vaarandi and new addition Sorin Nita. I don’t know this maybe the game where we see them go 1-3-1, hope to keep Vaarandi from scoring and dropping dimes to Nita. However you never know with Coach and his mindset. All we know we could be rat poison he wants dropped to have the Spartans thinking to go here and all the time the defensive strategy could be going there."

Announcer: "He has done things like that before. So you might be right. You brought up
Granja which leads to something that I’ve noticed with these Warriors. But before I get to that I just wanted to ask did you see the latest rating?"

Rodriguez: "Yeah I did"

Announcer: "So you probably know where I’m going with this. Looking at the ratings I
wasn’t surprised that the Warriors were tops in rebounding, but to be tops in assists and points and granted I will admit its early in the season but that’s a rarity."

Rodriguez: "Definitely, I mean even in our heyday we weren’t putting up these kinds of numbers offensively and they had some good teams in those division IV days. So yeah it really does have you like What da …"

Announcer: "And Granja’s been a big part of that. I mean the last three league games he has just been an offensive monster. Especially in the Lindale game when LAB down the stretch couldn’t get anything really going and they (Lindale) were making a rally in the 2nd half, but each time Granja would make a three that kept them ahead just enough. The evolution of this guy this season especially when he came at the expense of Grcev who was a pretty good bench player especially on the defensive end"

Rodriguez: "Oh yeah I remember me and Bart (Beach) were hanging out and when Granja came
in there were some questions on the decision. Especially given Coach’s tendency for to be defensive minded coach and how he values experience over youth. We had to calm some people down and the last few games have just been a revelation on how we just have to trust the process. These guys have always been the slow and steady route types and we just have to be patient, wait and hope."

Announcer: "Before we go to commercial break. I just gotta replay this"

SIDELINE REPORTER: Coach can you tell us how much this win means for you guys

COACH STEPHENSON: Stuffin! We were creamed corn and tonight we had the juice and now we
Stuffin! Least for tonight! Whoo! Go Warriors! Stuffin baby Stuffin!

Announcer and Rodriguez are laughing

Announcer: "That was Coach after the Lindale win. It still cracks me up."

Rodriguez: "He was really happy for that one!"

Announcer: "We’ll be back with more pregame analysis after this commercial break."

This Post:
316778.73 in reply to 316778.72
Date: 12/06/2022 17:09:33
Lion Rebels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
LR Youth BC

This Post:
316778.74 in reply to 316778.73
Date: 12/06/2022 21:04:19
Overall Posts Rated:
"Guys, I don't know what the hell is going on out there. We just let Carolina back into the game. Bigs, box out, rebound. Everyone else, get those shots to fall. Let's go," shouts Coach Boone to the Hustlas players during their first time out of the second half up only one now.

This Post:
316778.75 in reply to 316778.74
Date: 12/06/2022 21:06:12
Overall Posts Rated:
"Does anybody want to play ball tonight? Does anyone want to win this game tonight? Carolina does," yells coach Boone to the Hustlas bench. "Someone, anyone, find me somebody, get me somebody that wants to play and win this game tonight. Let's go."

This Post:
316778.76 in reply to 316778.75
Date: 12/06/2022 21:20:32
Overall Posts Rated:
Coach Boone sighs as he looks at his players. He doesn't know what to say. But he talks anyway.
"Gentlemen, basketball is a simple game. A simple game. And you win some, and you lose some. But you have to be willing to fight for it. I'm not seeing any fight. We can win this game. We should win this game. It's right there for us. But we have to take it. They are not going to give it to us. We have to show that we have what it takes to win this game. We are not playing well. That is partially my fault. I place a couple of you in the wrong positions for this matchup. But, even if we lose, if we fight, we can leave here with our heads held high. Just fight gentlemen. And let the cards fall where they may. And I guarantee you, you will not be disappointed. We may have less points on the scoreboard when the game is over, but, we will not be defeated. If we fight, we win. And if we fight right now, we can also win the game. Just bring it gentlemen, just bring it."

This Post:
316778.77 in reply to 316778.76
Date: 12/06/2022 21:26:39
Overall Posts Rated:
"We are fading, nothing seems to be able to fix it," says Coach Boone to his assistant coaches. "Second loss in a row in league play. We have to make corrections now. The guys have to okay better now or else we will just give up the game."

This Post:
316778.78 in reply to 316778.77
Date: 12/06/2022 21:31:54
Overall Posts Rated:
Coach Boone looks at his assistant coaches. "Wrap it up. Down double digits with 4 minutes left. I'll tell John Walton. The guys are old. They played like it tonight. Blow it up again and bring in some younger talent. This team will make the playoffs, but they are not coming out of the conference. Yes gentlemen, I'm talking about you guys," says Coach Boone to the players on the bench looking at him. "You all had your chance. Tonight, you blew it. Let's get ready to leave."

This Post:
316778.79 in reply to 316778.78
Date: 12/07/2022 10:28:26
Lion Rebels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
LR Youth BC
This just in, images from SmackDown Arena after last night's game:(https://media.giphy.com/media/EnIxzsEKmXs4Im6ORC/giphy.gif)

This Post:
316778.80 in reply to 316778.79
Date: 12/07/2022 10:29:40
Lion Rebels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
LR Youth BC
Just gotta say, Daisy, congratulations. You're orchestrating a tremendous season!

This Post:
316778.81 in reply to 316778.80
Date: 12/07/2022 10:30:03
Lion Rebels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
LR Youth BC
Day 10 (Tuesday 6 December 2022) : Performances by (https://www.buzzer-manager.com)

Night results
Lion Rebels 90 - Miami Cleo 101
BOBBBSBURGS 45 - Motor City Waddupdoe 129
Linndale 101 - Sweaty Socks 45
San Dominica Warriors 81 - The Philadelphia Spartans 64
Carolina Rebels 84 - Hustlas 70
Philly Dribble 118 - Żubr Białystok 105
209’s MostWanted 69 - The Ashkickers 87
BKDogs 67 - The Beer Bellys 127

Best collective performance of the evening
Rebounds : 60 : Miami Cleo
Assists : 35 : Motor City Waddupdoe, The Beer Bellys
Steals : 14 : Carolina Rebels
Block Shots : 17 : The Beer Bellys

Personal best performances of the evening
Rebounds : 28 : P. Cheatle (Miami Cleo)
Assists : 10 : M. Smalls (Motor City Waddupdoe)
Steals : 6 : G. Ricker (Motor City Waddupdoe)
Block Shots : 7 : Z. Than Lin (209’s MostWanted)

Top 5 of the evening
Point Guard : P. Matkowski (BKDogs) (23 Points, 6 Rebounds, 5 Assists, 2 Steals, 0 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 23
Shooting Guard : F. Killian (Motor City Waddupdoe) (20 Points, 2 Rebounds, 8 Assists, 3 Steals, 0 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 27
Small Forward : G. Ricker (Motor City Waddupdoe) (37 Points, 7 Rebounds, 1 Assists, 6 Steals, 1 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 44
Power Forward : P. Cheatle (Miami Cleo) (26 Points, 28 Rebounds, 2 Assists, 1 Steals, 0 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 45
Center : P. Kalinov (The Beer Bellys) (14 Points, 8 Rebounds, 7 Assists, 1 Steals, 4 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 28

MVP of the evening
P. Cheatle (Miami Cleo) (26 Points, 28 Rebounds, 2 Assists, 1 Steals, 0 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 45

The bad performance of the evening
S. Cohen (BOBBBSBURGS) (3 Points, 4 Rebounds, 1 Assists, 0 Steals, 0 Block Shots) : Efficiency : -11

All kinds of statistics
The player who forgot to remove his mittens : S. Klin (Hustlas) : 8 Turnovers

Player targeted by the referees : T. Medina (Lion Rebels) : 6 Personnal Fouls

The iron-man : A. Gallucci (Miami Cleo), W. Westmoreland (Sweaty Socks), B. Pimentel (Philly Dribble), M. Farnsworth (Philly Dribble), G. Ricker (Motor City Waddupdoe), T. Medina (Lion Rebels), H. Quindós (Żubr Białystok) : 48 Minutes

The shooter : F. Carrillo (Lion Rebels) : 6 Three points

The best performer : C. Riggins (Żubr Białystok) : Rating : 16.5

The worst performer : J. Moore (BOBBBSBURGS), J. Hein (BOBBBSBURGS) : Rating : 2.0

Advertisement