Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 08/03/2022 06:11:52
Kirov Woodcutters
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Kirov Bricklayers
Congratulations to everyone on the new season.
I also congratulate Highlander on his return to the post of GM of the U21 team. I hope the pause did you good.
As for the NT team, the last scrimmage was played on Monday before the start of the tournament. We played the second match in a row against Slovenia. The nature of the second match was very similar to the previous one, our team gave good stretches, in general, we attacked with dignity, punched a lot of FT. But it is still difficult for us to solve problems in defense, we lack skills.
Nevertheless, our optimal squad played in this match. However, for most of last season, the starting lineup was like this.
Meanwhile, Spence is already 32 years old, he has a maximum of four seasons left in the team. I hope that during this time we will grow a decent shift. And Blair, with all his useful qualities and good skills, should be a bench player with such low potential. But at the moment, he is still the strongest PF.
The next two rivals are known: Latvia and Vietnam. Quite a normal lot. If with Latvia we aim to defeat with as little difference as possible. Vietnam, of course, we must win.
To all the players of the NT team, I wish you good form and a season without injuries

This Post:
315933.2 in reply to 315933.1
Date: 08/04/2022 19:15:07
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
Good luck and a good season to you!!

Du hast nicht genug Geld, um dieses Gebot abzugeben!
This Post:
315933.3 in reply to 315933.2
Date: 08/09/2022 11:07:31
Kirov Woodcutters
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Kirov Bricklayers
We played the first match with Latvia. Defeat, - 27.
Before the match, we had big problems with the squad, two players of the starting line-up Spens and MacShimes were injured. I had to put up a lightweight line-up with Blair on C and Boyd on Pf. In attack, I decided to leave the external isolation, as in the last game. I was anticipating the internal tactics from the opponent, but I didn't dare to guess.
Nevertheless, I am quite happy with the result. In the first half we lost only -9. The defense worked well. The attack is not so great, but the form of the leaders was not optimal. It was one of Lyle's weakest matches in attack.
Upgrades: Lochiel +1, Michael +1.
Also last week I didn't say upgrades: Michel, Lochiel, MacNuir - all +1.
Vietnam is ahead.
Also, if anyone has a desire to develop a Scottish young player and a training slot for pumping defensive skills, please respond.

This Post:
315933.4 in reply to 315933.3
Date: 08/16/2022 02:55:06
Kirov Woodcutters
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Kirov Bricklayers
We played a game against Vietnam, the victory is +21.
Spence has returned from injury, but he is still in shape 5. We defended well, but our attack was not outstanding. However, the roster was far from optimal. Lyle didn't play the strongest game again. But this time he was playing against the strongest player of the opponent, so he focused on defense and drawing. It was mainly our wingers who attacked. I put spare bigmen in the 9 shape at the start. In attack, they did not show themselves well, but they worked well on the selection.
The following rivals became known: Germany, Barbados, Turkey, Andorra, Portugal, Azerbaijan. Moreover, we play with strong opponents on the road, with weak ones at home. In general, I am satisfied with the draw. We have to take three wins if we are in the optimal composition.
A good week on upgrades: Boyd +1, Lochiel +1, Blair +1, Michael +2, Lawson +2.

This Post:
315933.5 in reply to 315933.4
Date: 08/16/2022 06:34:40
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
We played a game against Vietnam, the victory is +21.
Spence has returned from injury, but he is still in shape 5. We defended well, but our attack was not outstanding. However, the roster was far from optimal. Lyle didn't play the strongest game again. But this time he was playing against the strongest player of the opponent, so he focused on defense and drawing. It was mainly our wingers who attacked. I put spare bigmen in the 9 shape at the start. In attack, they did not show themselves well, but they worked well on the selection.
The following rivals became known: Germany, Barbados, Turkey, Andorra, Portugal, Azerbaijan. Moreover, we play with strong opponents on the road, with weak ones at home. In general, I am satisfied with the draw. We have to take three wins if we are in the optimal composition.
A good week on upgrades: Boyd +1, Lochiel +1, Blair +1, Michael +2, Lawson +2.

Sounds good. And maybe a surprise victory on the road, who knows? If gameshape is great, something might be possible. But I'd advise to play CT against Germany. Not only because it's my home country but because I know most of the skills of the players on the roster.

Good luck for the season. And great to see that Boyd is still collecting ups.

This Post:
315933.6 in reply to 315933.5
Date: 08/22/2022 15:18:37
Flower of Scotland
ESL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Academy of Scotland
What is going on with Lyle this season? He hasn't scored under 20 ppg since his rookie year (seems to focus more on passing this season). And now his streak of scoring titles on the NT is also in danger. Hope he'll have his first 30+ point game soon...
No chance of winning the game against Germany, but we still appreciate your work Let's win the next one against Barbados!

Nemo me impune lacessit
This Post:
315933.7 in reply to 315933.6
Date: 08/22/2022 18:26:28
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
What is going on with Lyle this season? He hasn't scored under 20 ppg since his rookie year (seems to focus more on passing this season). And now his streak of scoring titles on the NT is also in danger. Hope he'll have his first 30+ point game soon...
No chance of winning the game against Germany, but we still appreciate your work Let's win the next one against Barbados!

Maybe Lyle just saved some energy in order to score 40+ points next game?

This Post:
315933.8 in reply to 315933.6
Date: 08/23/2022 05:19:47
Kirov Woodcutters
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Kirov Bricklayers
Unfortunately, we failed to impose the struggle on Germany, the defeat, -53.
After all, they are the second team in the world, and played at home. Besides, I didn't guess the opponent's pace. I expected that the German coach, as in his previous two matches, would play quickly. But he preferred the low post and did not lose. Spence is still only in form 7 after the injury, he is not very much feared. Our base offense played controversially. Yes, the implementation is weak. But I am happy with the distribution of throws and the number of FT.
Yes, indeed Lyle falls out of the team game a little. But we need to understand that from this season he is no longer the strongest player of the team. He also plays PG, it seems to me that he would be better off on SG. There is simply no alternative to it yet.
But Boyd began to reveal himself as a point-forward. He still lacks attacking skills, but there is still time for upgrades.
Upgrades: Lochiel +2, Blair +1.
Barbados is ahead, we must win

This Post:
315933.9 in reply to 315933.7
Date: 08/23/2022 14:46:28
Flower of Scotland
ESL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Academy of Scotland

(121837603)

I am now convinced you are from the future. ;)

Nemo me impune lacessit
This Post:
315933.10 in reply to 315933.9
Date: 08/24/2022 06:07:40
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters

(121837603)

I am now convinced you are from the future. ;)

Haha, nice!

This Post:
315933.11 in reply to 315933.10
Date: 08/30/2022 06:36:56
Kirov Woodcutters
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Kirov Bricklayers
We didn't experience any problems in the match with Barbados, victory, +62.
It should be noted that the match was held at home and I guessed the opponent's pace. Nevertheless, the match turned out well, especially in defense. The opponent made less than 15% of shots, earned less than 40 points. But our team was going for it, the progress in the defensive skills of the team over the past two seasons is significant. We attacked well, but without brilliance. Shots from beyond the arc rarely hit the target. But so far it is quite satisfactory.
Turkey is visiting ahead, I will try to soften our defeat.
No upgrades this week =(