Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 04/19/2022 06:16:23
Isca Centurions
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dartmoor Pumas
A thread for discussing all things related to season 57. What are your plans for the season?

Three duds from the draft for Isca. Looks like a poor draft for III.2 as there were no 18yr MVP+ players.

Goals:
* Buy training court up to level 2.
* Reach the play-off finals for the 4th season in a row.
* Expand arena. I'd like to reach a 20k capacity arena by the end of s58.

I'm starting my third Utopia season so the salary floor applies and I'll put more effort into the second team as well. I drafted three 18yr for the Pumas - two MVP, one superstar. Ironically the best was my third selection who I hadn't scouted. Now to decide what to do with the team...

This Post:
314495.2 in reply to 314495.1
Date: 04/19/2022 06:46:09
Team Nook
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Team Nook Yellow
My goals for my first team will be the same as last season. Firstly, survive in the EBBL (don’t want any 2nd season syndrome) and continue to train my 2 trainees. Still got a little bit of work on the arena to do as well. The red side in the EBBL is looking strong with no obvious weaker teams so the battle to survive will be a tough one.

For my Utopia team, I’m going to be training 3 bigs to be part of the u21 team. I’ve got a level 6 trainer and level 5 youth coach so if I can pick up 2/3 more trainees I’m hoping to create 2/3 u21 monsters in a few seasons time.

Finally, the U21 team are looking promising this season if we can get some good game shape and a friendly draw. The consulation tournament is always unpredictable with who you draw but I’m hoping to be reaching the knockout rounds, hopefully with a home game in the first round and a good run. We definitely have the team to achieve that I believe.

Hoping for another exciting season!

This Post:
314495.3 in reply to 314495.2
Date: 05/05/2022 16:47:16
Isca Centurions
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dartmoor Pumas
Next week will be the first human vs human cup games. A few III teams will take their shot at knocking off higher league teams, and there's an III.2 match-up between BOY_LONDON and Morden London.

But the biggest game of the round will be Roaring Lions vs London Whales - one EBBL team will be exiting the competition at this early stage!

This Post:
314495.4 in reply to 314495.3
Date: 05/26/2022 14:58:04
Isca Centurions
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dartmoor Pumas
We're almost at the halfway stage, how is everyone's season progressing?

At least a couple more EBBL teams will be exiting the cup tonight, more if there are any upsets. So far my team is ticking along, although we'll see how tonight's game goes. Helping out with the U21 has been great, and hopefully in a couple of seasons Chapman will be representing the team.

Also I received a message from Alonso recently, asking if the English community has any thoughts on the current direction of BB.

Some ideas for topics:

* Anything related to recent changes, e.g exhaustion + larger rosters, improved alternative tactics, daytrading restriction on certain players.
* Anything related to the app.
* Any ideas for improving the game, increasing the number of managers etc.

But any topics or opinions are welcome. From an English perspective losing Tallfellas and probably Stinkilemons is a real shame, but in general I think the game is making improvements. But I'd like to get other people's thoughts if possible, those of you who have been playing for many seasons will have a better perspective.

This Post:
314495.5 in reply to 314495.4
Date: 05/26/2022 16:33:40
Tide of Fire
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:

* Anything related to recent changes, e.g exhaustion + larger rosters, improved alternative tactics, daytrading restriction on certain players.
- it takes so long to train a player, that they really don't last long enough. It is impossible to fully train a full roster and maintain competitiveness so I honestly think, no matter how painful, that the training system needs a reinvent. Longer term that will attract more players because they will see a reward for the sacrifice of training.
- overhaul the stamina system and make stamina effective no matter what age, but instead of inventing exhaustion, make stamina drop faster for older players, it is fairly odd that an unfit player has a competitive edge over a fit player because of age.

* Anything related to the app.
- get the game right first with a faster sense of progression, very few of us are freakishly committed to years of real life time to develop a team.

* Any ideas for improving the game, increasing the number of managers etc.
- work on the game engine to make it more important to pick the right tactics, speed up team development and bring in sponsorship deals with various rewards to help teams balance a seasons ambitions and the financial reward for getting it right.

This Post:
314495.6 in reply to 314495.4
Date: 05/27/2022 03:38:04
Team Nook
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Team Nook Yellow
We're almost at the halfway stage, how is everyone's season progressing?

My season hasn't been too bad. 5-5 in the league so can't complain so far. Really happy with how the U21s is going, hopefully we can have the success this season's team deserves.

Anything related to recent changes, e.g exhaustion + larger rosters, improved alternative tactics, daytrading restriction on certain players.

I'm a little indifferent on the exhaustion changes. It's not really affected me so far but I'm not yet at a position to compete in any of the competitions it affects. The training issue when getting to age 27 will be an issue but I'm a few seasons away from that so will see how things play out.

I like the 'buff' to tactics as it gives more options to use. I still think you can see the favoured tactics offensively, but that could be people getting used to the improved tactics.

Anything related to the app.

Most of my time accessing BB is on my phone which is a struggle at times given how poorly the website is designed. I'm hoping the app makes this easier.

I agree with Vecx regarding training. By the time you fully train a top player to the cap you can't train supporting players in time to have that first player still in their prime. Training fully can be up to age 28/29/30 so you only get 3-5 seasons of that player at their best. That's not enough time to train another player to be good enough to support. I guess that's where the TL comes in.

I think the game needs to add more income either through the TV contract or merchandise. I'm in the top league with a below average team salary and my weekly profit is only at 70K, but I've had weeks where my attendance has basically put me at no profit (excluding cup/bbm income). 70k a week basically means saving up for a full season at least to buy a player good enough for the EBBL. it shouldn't take that long to be able to afford that sort of player.

This Post:
314495.7 in reply to 314495.5
Date: 05/31/2022 17:59:45
Optic Fibres
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Wānaka Lakers

it takes so long to train a player, that they really don't last long enough. It is impossible to fully train a full roster and maintain competitiveness so I honestly think, no matter how painful, that the training system needs a reinvent. Longer term that will attract more players because they will see a reward for the sacrifice of training.

Totally agree with this. Training a player fully takes 3 years in real life, that just doesn't seem logical in this day and age.

Last edited by js8 at 05/31/2022 17:59:57

To: js8
This Post:
314495.8 in reply to 314495.7
Date: 06/01/2022 18:21:14
Spalding Storm
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Green Chemical Frogs
Worst thing is that if you train PG/SG/SF lets say - this means that you can't train PF/C up to their full pot. OF COURSE you can train whole team but you just going to waste some of players potential a lot, thats one of the most painful thing - also agree with that 3year training thing - our seasons just goes too slow - sometimes we have just game every 3 days or sometimes even more - as we all know it's just a game it could go faster - and we could have games everyday or atleast every second day (without SC etc), a lot of football managers goes like that - games every day + sometimes you play friendly games in the same day as they are not making effect to your player stamina or shape just gives minimal experience (for training)

This Post:
314495.9 in reply to 314495.8
Date: 06/03/2022 16:07:39
Isca Centurions
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dartmoor Pumas
Thanks for the feedback on the current state of BB, your thoughts have been read and hopefully considered when deciding the future direction of the game.

Some tough fixtures for EBBL teams in the round of 16, we'll lose one for sure out of Camden Kings / Team Nook and we'll see how many survive their other match-ups. With Stinkilemons to be a bot this month we're running out of EBBL teams, we might have a second successive season of a II team making the final.

I was going to say congratz to Newcastle Knights on being the last III team in the cup, but they haven't logged in since April! Pretty crazy that an inactive III team has got this far.

To: js8
This Post:
314495.10 in reply to 314495.7
Date: 06/06/2022 14:33:40
BC Žalgiris -
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Žaliai Balti -
Completely Agree with you two.
I decided sacrificed my own club results in order to make 3 ENG NT players. While you train those full 2-3years until they reach NT also you can lose interest in playing game, our community Is not big, and as we can see those who started playing this game from season 1 they become bots, not many guys wanna train players from beginning ,if there's potential NT player In next few seasons If they not finish them to train what skill set Is required they will never reach, sad situation going on In game.
Would be great those who have utopian teams and wanna join train our nationality players contact me,lets figure out something!

This Post:
314495.11 in reply to 314495.10
Date: 06/09/2022 15:39:26
Tide of Fire
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Salute