USA - V.35 > The draft is out!

The draft is out!

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
205084.8 in reply to 205084.7
Date: 12/22/2011 23:05:16
Overall Posts Rated:
Oh come on, Richard Duvall hardly counts as a miss, especially since the other top prospects (Meeker, Bunn, Pagan) were all drafted before you could have picked them anyway, and none of us saw Gary McDowell (22089994), not even Naples Napalm who could have drafted him with his second pick had he known his potential. Shame he went bot but that's another story.

I too think this draft is going to be good, especially for guard trainees as I said earlier--fortunately at least for me and Boston Boss, any draftees would fit in nicely alongside Pagan and Bunn. I'm doing 3 scouting points a week, and I'd be willing to share any findings of note with interested managers, but I won't post them on the forums. Naples Napalm is not going to be getting any help from me--I don't want to reward someone for tanking. I can't stop it but I sure as heck am not going to indirectly support it in any way; he'll have to do his own scouting, which I'm sure he will. But if you or Tha Boss is interested, I'd be happy to send you a BB-mail with pertinent info (since I'm going to have higher draft pick than either of you then of course I'll still get the top player on my board, but still it can't hurt you guys).

This Post:
205084.9 in reply to 205084.8
Date: 12/23/2011 00:25:37
Overall Posts Rated:
i didnt mean richard duvall was a miss he was maybe the best prospect i have ever drafted. what i meant was not all leagues are the sames and each draft if different and if i want to spend money in each season on scouting points i want to come away with a hit so i can sell him or train him

This Post:
205084.10 in reply to 205084.8
Date: 12/23/2011 07:17:40
Overall Posts Rated:
I'd love some advice. I"m just starting my training now. I have a huge financial problem... sorry I meant, HAD. I'm iight now. I would be really excited to get a drafteee. I think that I'll just sell him too, I alredy have 2 PG's. And btw, I'm a bit pissed off wit the tanking too. I think that those picks should go to the teams that really need some help, not the ones with 1.2 billion dollars hahahahahaha

This Post:
205084.11 in reply to 205084.1
Date: 01/24/2012 13:14:05
Overall Posts Rated:
well obviously i have last pick and only scouted about three players and all suck but did anyone get lucky and find a 5 star potential this season?

This Post:
205084.12 in reply to 205084.11
Date: 01/24/2012 17:13:05
Overall Posts Rated:
Ok, let me take this opportunity to post my gripes about this upcoming S18 draft class. So without further ado, here are 10 reasons why this draft sucks (in no particular order):

10. I don't have a high pick
9. Bobitz doesn't have a high pick
8. Tha Boss doesn't have a high pick (the three managers who I know enough to feel that they deserve to be rewarded with a good draftee)
7. There are no 5-ball potential players with good skills in this draft (no 5/5 players)(Obviously we're talking 18yos)
6. There are more 19yos than 18yos (26 to 22)
5. There are only four 18yos with 5-ball skill ratings
4. Out of those, only two have 4-ball potential
3. Out of those four 18yos, only one has an A+ grade
2. One of those four 18yos has only 1-ball potential (ugh)
1. (I know I said this list wasn't in order, but this reason is in the worst of the 10) Naples Napalm has deliberately tanked again to steal the best overall draft pick. It's not illegal and I admit it can be a viable strategy, but it's really infuriating for the rest of us and it somehow seems against the spirit of the game, so Naples Napalm, if you read this, please quit with the tanking and start winning, ok? You're experienced enough as a manager and what's the point of having all the money you must have stored up if you're never going to use it. All you're doing is ruining it for the rest of us.

Those reasons were completely spontaneous and off the top of my head. Suffice to say, this is NOT the draft class of a year ago, where we had one of the best overall draft classes maybe in the history of BB, including:
1. The complete unquestioned stud of the draft class, with great size, skills, and potential (Aaron Meeker, 7'2", $6158 starting salary, MVP potential)
2. The top PG with great size and above-average skills and potential (Calvin Bunn, 6'0", $4632 starting salary due in large part to lacking inside skills, but started with solid outside skills, SS potential)
3. The raw talent of the draft (Cedrick Pagan, 6'2", $3811 starting salary, MVP potential, started with several obvious holes in his game, notably JR, HA, IS)
4. The most polished player of the draft (Richard Duvall, 6'7", $6388 starting salary (higher than Meeker!), PAS potential)
5. the steal of the draft (missed by everyone due to his lower starting skills, including me and even Naples Napalm, Gary McDowell, 6'9", $3648 starting salary, MVP potential).

There do not appear to be any players like any of those guys in this draft. Evidently all the eligible talent in the pipeline decided to come out a year early last season, smh. It's looking to be slim pickings for the rest of us after Naples Napalm and the bots/lower ranked human managers pick. Very frustrating especially for those of us who spent $20K per week on the draft.

Bobitz I'll send you a BB-mail filling you in on what little there is to know but suffice to say you're not missing much.

This Post:
205084.13 in reply to 205084.12
Date: 01/24/2012 18:43:48
Overall Posts Rated:
wow is all i have to say these is shitty and im kind of pissed!!!!!!!!!!! these prospects couldnt even get much money except for the pg

This Post:
205084.14 in reply to 205084.1
Date: 01/24/2012 21:39:45
Overall Posts Rated:
Good game claws. As bad as this sounds im glad I lost cause I so deep in the negatives and now I won't have to pay salaries the next two weeks. But good season boys good luck to all in the future

This Post:
205084.15 in reply to 205084.14
Date: 01/24/2012 21:42:00
Overall Posts Rated:
Great game, I watched tht instead of mine. Ciudad de Panama Perros has got to stop coming so close dammit!! They're reely good. It looks like I might actually have a shot at winning this thing now.