BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Ask Your Questions Here#2

Ask Your Questions Here#2 (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
315209.245 in reply to 315209.244
Date: 11/06/2022 18:09:13
Isca Centurions
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dartmoor Pumas
Your English is great, no problem

Not many people use nutritionists so this might not be 100% accurate, if anyone else has a better understanding then please correct me.

Another questions... The effect of the trainer specialty, and the nutritionist is cumulative?

Not sure on this, see: (294450.105). It would make sense for it to be cumulative though.

The endurance of the players allways drops at the same rate? Or when it's higher it drops faster?

I believe all skills levels are equal distance, e.g dropping from 7 to 6 is the same as dropping from 2 to 1. I think you also see a very quick drop from stamina 10 to stamina 9, because stamina 10 = 10.0, there are no sub-levels. I've never had a 10 stamina player so can't confirm that though.

You lose a stamina level every 20 weeks or so (without any stamina training or nutritionist etc). Not sure if it's faster for 34 year old and older players (as they naturally decrease in all skills).

Which lvl of nutritionist do i have to contract to be able to increase the resistance of my youngest players?

I believe that, roughly speaking, level 6 will maintain stamina level and level 7 will increase stamina. Lower nutritionist levels will slow the rate of decline.

For the 18 ans 19 years old players, it's best to have a trainer lvl 4 and a young trainer lvl 4 or a normal trainer lvl 5? Someone knows exactly the difference?

I've previously read that each level of normal trainer gives +3%, and each level of youth trainer gives +1%. So the level 4 normal + level 4 youth would be slightly better.

Message deleted
Message deleted

This Post:
315209.248 in reply to 315209.245
Date: 11/06/2022 19:33:47
C.B. Almogavers
IV.24
Overall Posts Rated:
Wow, you are such a well of wisdom!

Lots of thanks! :D

I'm reading your (great but short xP) beginner guide. Can you direct me to some training manager or spreadsheet for my trainees? thanks!!

For my tactics... I've these 3 Star players, which tactic would you recommend? Motion maybe?

https://i.gyazo.com/c5612dade1973aaa777eae655fe121c5.png

(I had already played one match if you want to look at it) :)

About the game shape... it's a bad thing to give 3 of my 6 trainees, only 48 minutes? not letting them get 50? :/

Thanks!

Last edited by Khentar at 11/06/2022 19:35:17

This Post:
315209.249 in reply to 315209.248
Date: 11/07/2022 05:30:35
Isca Centurions
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dartmoor Pumas
I'm reading your (great but short xP) beginner guide. Can you direct me to some training manager or spreadsheet for my trainees? thanks!!

Thank you!

Here is a link to the CoachParrot spreadsheet:

(119279.1)
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/coachparrot/)

There's a lot of tools on the spreadsheet and it can be a bit overwhelming to start out, but it's an excellent resource. For the training sim fill your player information in on the MyData tab, then use the Scout tab. There's a Help tab that provides detailed instructions on how to use it.

There is also this online training sim:

(http://odp.alwaysdata.net/ODPConsult/web/NTSO/trainingsim...)

It doesn't seem to calculate reverse elastic when a skill gets too high, e.g if you train ID for four seasons your player isn't going to have 30 ID like it suggests. But if you keep the skill levels below 20 it's accurate enough to be ok. I used it starting out, but if you have access to CoachParrot that is the better option.

For my tactics... I've these 3 Star players, which tactic would you recommend? Motion maybe?

Yes I think you have the right idea, Motion would suit your two players with good JS. Patient like you used in your first game is also a good option.

You'll likely lose games early on, for example the first team you've played invested in veteran players. But that costs them transfer money and the weekly salary adds up. If you're happy to concentrate on training and building your arena to start, in a couple of seasons you'll be in a great long-term position. And you should be able to find some weaker teams you can target for wins.

About the game shape... it's a bad thing to give 3 of my 6 trainees, only 48 minutes? not letting them get 50?

For trainees you can play them 48 mins in one game, then as a sub in a second game that week, and they'll end up with 60-70 total minutes. For example:

Game1: Trainee1 12m sub PG, Trainee2 12m sub SG, Trainee3 48m SF, Trainee4 48m PF
Game2: Trainee5 12m sub PG, Trainee6 12m sub SG, Trainee1 48m SF, Trainee2 48m PF
Game3: Trainee3 12m sub PG, Trainee4 12m sub SG, Trainee5 48m SF, Trainee6 48m PF

But if some only get 48 minutes in a week then they should be ok, I've had players who've done well on a regular 48m/week. Some people believe a low stamina player is more comfortable with minutes on the lower end of the ideal range. Unless you are always well outside the ideal range of minutes (e.g you play them 20 mins/week, or 90+ mins/week) your players should have 7+ GS.

I hope I covered everything, if you have any more questions I'm happy to answer!

This Post:
315209.250 in reply to 315209.249
Date: 11/07/2022 19:17:13
C.B. Almogavers
IV.24
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks a lot as allways!! :D

I'm not letting you get rid of me... ehhehe

How do the players win experience? I've not been able to see anything on the rule section...

They win experience for the minutes they play? all the matches give them the same experience? or friendlies give less and cup give more?

I've been looking on BuzzerManager webtool, and I like it so much :)

One thing that i cannot understand, is why one of my star players is rated so poor, is this one:

https://i.gyazo.com/b5748e5b6d6275e7b7a40989cf14b989.png

Comparing with the other two players, the web tells me they are better than him... it's because his defense?

https://i.gyazo.com/20545e90686f92138895c89338b25854.png

Should I fire him? His game was horrible the other day... and his salary is near double than the others...

This are my 6 players that I'll train, one of them (Maradona) was given to me with the initial players.

https://i.gyazo.com/ed3251fd9af4e404582e5b17404fc853.png

Should I fire someone and buy another one? or they are (more or less) ok? I know Sarmiento don't have stamina... but when i bought him I didn't read your guide yet, and by the way, the U21 staff has contacted me for him... :)

Thanks as allways! :D

This Post:
315209.251 in reply to 315209.250
Date: 11/08/2022 04:05:14
Roter Stern Stuttgart
Bundesliga
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey everybody,

from the New merchendise Breakdown:

Trikotverkäufe (Spieler) Betrag ($)
Yann Ellerbeck $ 1 061
Fred Neben $ 608

Just to understand: is it possible, the fans just like Yann more than Fred?

Both are own drafts, Fred has the by far the higher salary and is 4 more years in the Club. He started in the blowout win, has the better stats, the better plus/minus, the better efficency.

Yann played 12 Minutes in garbage-time.

Best regards,
Ted

Manchmal ist man der Hund - manchmal der Baum.

This Post:
315209.252 in reply to 315209.250
Date: 11/08/2022 05:10:59
Isca Centurions
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dartmoor Pumas
No problem! You asking the questions forces me to double check how things work, like with player experience.

How do the players win experience? I've not been able to see anything on the rule section...

They win experience for the minutes they play? all the matches give them the same experience? or friendlies give less and cup give more?

(261872.2) - according to this, it was believed to be based on minutes played and your player would gain more experience in bigger games such as cup or NT.

(261872.3) - it was believed that roughly 1500 league minutes was enough to get an experience pop.

One thing that i cannot understand, is why one of my star players is rated so poor, is this one:

Should I fire him? His game was horrible the other day... and his salary is near double than the others...

Iturrao is a big (PF/C) so I wouldn't worry about comparing his ratings to Ataide. As a side note Iturrao is a decent big for a starting team, 7 in the four inside skills and some passing. Not as good as Yanes obviously but he'll make a good backup.

Regarding Ataide and Cordera, OD does matter a lot in this game, so that is probably why BM rates Cordera better. However, the context matters. For example if you are playing Patient and have an elite scorer then Cordera is better suited for his defense, the elite scorer will take most of the shots. But if you have a team of Cordera's then it's going to be difficult to score.

When playing Patient I would use Ataide as the backup to Cividás. As you might have noticed, with Patient the best scorer (or player with the best match-up vs defender) takes most of the shots. Thus you need at least one great scorer on the team. Using Ataide in this way will mean you always have a good scorer on the court.

When playing Motion I would start Ataide despite the low OD, as the JS will be helpful. One thing you could do is switch defensive assignments - for example set him to play SG but defend PF. He has 7 ID and 5 RB so he would do ok there, and you get the benefit of his offensive skills at SG. Most of your trainees have 5 or 7 OD so will be happy to play PF on offense and switch to SG on defense.

I wouldn't worry about his performance last game, as it was just one game and shooting 6/12 FG is good. If you can hide him on defense at PF then he'll be a solid player for a new team.

I did fire one of my "stars" when starting out, as I tried to keep my salary low. But that was before the league consolidation so almost every team I played was a bot, which are easy to win against. I'd keep him for now as his salary isn't that expensive, and if you use him as above then I think you'll get some benefit.

This are my 6 players that I'll train, one of them (Maradona) was given to me with the initial players.

I think they are all fine trainees to start with. You may not make much profit on this first set of trainees, but you should make a bit once they are finished and more importantly you'll gain a lot of experience in how training players works. Your trainees also have different heights and different weaknesses, which is good as you'll see different progress and learn something from that as well.

This Post:
315209.253 in reply to 315209.252
Date: 11/08/2022 09:17:52
C.B. Almogavers
IV.24
Overall Posts Rated:
Ok great! thanks!!

About the experience, seems very similar to Hattrick, so one question that they were asking on the post, is how experience affect to the players... if it's the same as HT (as i think so) it simply adds more lvl to the all of the player's skills, like this:

https://i.gyazo.com/67226aa0212b74ce1945191af849cf23.png

I think that these would work similar on BB.

Ok cool perfect, I'll keep Ataide and I'll make him defend as a PF! :)

And one question... how does it work the role of the players? I don't know if it's like this in english, I'm talking about the attribute just below the player's salary.

I suppose that as more minutes plays one player, his role gets more and more increased, and if he starts to play less, his game shape will be affected... it's like this?

Thanks!!

This Post:
315209.254 in reply to 315209.253
Date: 11/08/2022 10:11:36
Isca Centurions
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dartmoor Pumas
About the experience, seems very similar to Hattrick, so one question that they were asking on the post, is how experience affect to the players... if it's the same as HT (as i think so) it simply adds more lvl to the all of the player's skills, like this:

One thing we know for sure is a player improves at the end of the game with more experience:

(306633.924)

Some people believe it also helps players make "better decisions" - fewer turnovers, better shot selection etc. However BB-Justin only stated it affects end game performance so this might not be accurate.

And one question... how does it work the role of the players? I don't know if it's like this in english, I'm talking about the attribute just below the player's salary.

I suppose that as more minutes plays one player, his role gets more and more increased, and if he starts to play less, his game shape will be affected... it's like this?

Weekly salary: $ 1 519
Role: draws a paycheck

That's correct, his role will change depending on minutes played. I think it might only count minutes played in the league, not sure if the cup counts. Regardless the role has no effect on anything in the game, it's just for show.

GS is affected by minutes but the role makes no difference. Although often they will be linked as if a player is getting decent minutes then his role will improve as well as the GS.

This Post:
315209.255 in reply to 315209.254
Date: 11/08/2022 10:19:39
C.B. Almogavers
IV.24
Overall Posts Rated:
Ooooook perfect, thanks, as allways!! :D

Advertisement