Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
318820.22 in reply to 318820.20
Date: 05/25/2023 21:37:31
FR-S
IV.11
Overall Posts Rated:
I am so not ready for D3 haha... Definitely need an overhaul of the roster.

This Post:
318820.23 in reply to 318820.22
Date: 05/27/2023 00:27:06
Linndale
IV.21
Overall Posts Rated:
Happy Ourer: “Okay gentlemen, we’re 2 games in. Pio Reina’s team is 2-0. They have a win by 22 in the opener, and a win by 13 Tuesday. The sample size is way too small, but we’re asking a question: what does Pio Reina hate about his team? Marshall, we’ll lead it off with you.

Marshall Richards: “The team’s shooting percentage and three point shooting. Rod Guyton is 9 of 30 and 1 of 9 from deep. Trenton Tovar is 6 for 23 and 1 of 8 from deep. Mantas Petriukstis has only made 1 of 7 shots in 2 games. The one he made was the only 3 pointer he took, but 3 of your top 4 guards are 15 of 60 overall and 3 of 18 from deep. That’s not gonna get it done.”

Air Allnite: “The bench. Tovar can’t shoot, Petriukstis won’t shoot, and Reese can’t shoot plus turns the ball over. Harrison Mann is, well, Harrison Mann. At some point you start to wonder if Linndale needs to look for a true power forward and move Garcaa to the bench to strengthen the second unit. Mann looks exactly like he did at the start of last season.

Happy Ourer: (sounding incredulous) “Is that it? No shots at Pio Reina, or management, or ownership? No lobbing insults at the young guys on the team or the rookies? Who are you, and what happened to Air Allnite?”

Marshall Richards: “It looks like Air Allnite, but that doesn’t sounds like the Air Allnite we’ve come to expect.”

Air Allnite: “I’m still the same guy. I still don’t like either of you, the organization, ownership, team management, the coach, or the players. I’m just gonna bide my time.”

Marshall Richards: “I think he doesn’t want to get served actual crow on camera again!”

Happy Ourer: “You were definitely wrong about everything last season. We’ll see how long you can hold fire before you break!”

Air Allnite: "They keep playing the way they play, you'll find out soon enough. I'm still telling you this team stinks. Everything about it stinks. Everything. Even you two."

Happy Ourer: "We'll hear more from our resident curmudgeon Air Allnite when we return from the commercial break!"

This Post:
318820.24 in reply to 318820.23
Date: 05/30/2023 10:35:52
Lion Rebels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
The Rebellion
Day 3 (Saturday 27 May 2023) : Performances by (https://www.buzzer-manager.com)
Sorry everyone - was on a long Memorial vacation - here's the update from Saturday!

Night results
FR-S 74 - San Dominica Warriors 121
Las Vegas Silver Stars 71 - Lion Rebels 103
Philly Dribble 102 - Linndale 97
Carolina Rebels 90 - 209’s MostWanted 102
Żubr Białystok 144 - BKDogs 121
Miami Cleo 81 - Super Sonics 106
The Beer Bellys 113 - LionPride 88
Mindless Zombies 🧟‍♀️ 107 - Tasty Tardsicles 95

Best collective performance of the evening
Rebounds : 69 : San Dominica Warriors
Assists : 33 : San Dominica Warriors
Steals : 11 : Carolina Rebels
Block Shots : 13 : Super Sonics

Personal best performances of the evening
Rebounds : 21 : K. Nádas (209’s MostWanted)
Assists : 11 : É. Blanchet (San Dominica Warriors)
Steals : 3 : R. Singh (Lion Rebels), G. Villegas (Las Vegas Silver Stars), P. Fasselli (Philly Dribble), T. Begley (Carolina Rebels), H. Espinosa (Carolina Rebels)
Block Shots : 7 : R. Mathews (Super Sonics)

Top 5 of the evening
Point Guard : W. Acevedo (Mindless Zombies 🧟‍♀️) (42 Points, 8 Rebounds, 3 Assists, 1 Steals, 0 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 44
Shooting Guard : M. Bobôšík (Żubr Białystok) (34 Points, 5 Rebounds, 5 Assists, 2 Steals, 0 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 42
Small Forward : I. Trapezanidis (FR-S) (34 Points, 10 Rebounds, 1 Assists, 0 Steals, 0 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 31
Power Forward : H. Espinosa (Carolina Rebels) (31 Points, 15 Rebounds, 1 Assists, 3 Steals, 2 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 37
Center : R. Sanz Garcáa (Linndale) (20 Points, 19 Rebounds, 0 Assists, 0 Steals, 3 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 37

MVP of the evening
W. Acevedo (Mindless Zombies 🧟‍♀️) (42 Points, 8 Rebounds, 3 Assists, 1 Steals, 0 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 44

The bad performance of the evening
Y. Chengbiao (Las Vegas Silver Stars) (3 Points, 0 Rebounds, 1 Assists, 0 Steals, 0 Block Shots) : Efficiency : -11

All kinds of statistics
The player who forgot to remove his mittens : D. Parent (Lion Rebels), K. Nádas (209’s MostWanted), G. Azheli (209’s MostWanted), P. Armonda (BKDogs) : 5 Turnovers

Player targeted by the referees : I. Trapezanidis (FR-S), N. Garbellini (FR-S), K. Knowles (Linndale), T. Plummer (Carolina Rebels), M. Grimm (Żubr Białystok), G. Bolcioni (BKDogs) : 5 Personnal Fouls

The iron-man : S. Hollins (Lion Rebels), G. Locus (Miami Cleo), W. Acevedo (Mindless Zombies 🧟‍♀️) : 48 Minutes

The shooter : D. Santana (Miami Cleo), R. Pineda (LionPride) : 5 Three points

The best performer : C. Goldsmith (Super Sonics) : Rating : 17.5

The worst performer : A. Borden (LionPride) : Rating : 5.0

This Post:
318820.25 in reply to 318820.22
Date: 05/30/2023 13:29:36
Get your area to about 20,000 seats. Much more than that you'll just have empty seats in the area🤦. If you can't fight for 5th or 6th get great draftee(s). That's my back up If I'm not competitive enough

This Post:
318820.26 in reply to 318820.25
Date: 05/31/2023 10:07:30
Lion Rebels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
The Rebellion
Day 4 (Tuesday 30 May 2023) : Performances by (https://www.buzzer-manager.com)

Night results
San Dominica Warriors 101 - Las Vegas Silver Stars 85
Lion Rebels 77 - Philly Dribble 88
Linndale 70 - Carolina Rebels 83
209’s MostWanted 119 - FR-S 127
BKDogs 79 - Miami Cleo 103
Super Sonics 117 - The Beer Bellys 111
LionPride 67 - Mindless Zombies 🧟‍♀️ 101
Tasty Tardsicles 68 - Żubr Białystok 82

Best collective performance of the evening
Rebounds : 66 : Lion Rebels
Assists : 29 : San Dominica Warriors, 209’s MostWanted
Steals : 12 : Super Sonics
Block Shots : 8 : Las Vegas Silver Stars, Mindless Zombies 🧟‍♀️

Personal best performances of the evening
Rebounds : 24 : K. Nádas (209’s MostWanted)
Assists : 10 : G. Solórzano (Mindless Zombies 🧟‍♀️)
Steals : 4 : M. Craig (Super Sonics)
Block Shots : 4 : I. Homs (The Beer Bellys)

Top 5 of the evening
Point Guard : L. Bernaerts (The Beer Bellys) (24 Points, 6 Rebounds, 4 Assists, 0 Steals, 0 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 21
Shooting Guard : R. Mathews (Super Sonics) (46 Points, 4 Rebounds, 3 Assists, 2 Steals, 0 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 44
Small Forward : M. Granja (San Dominica Warriors) (29 Points, 13 Rebounds, 5 Assists, 1 Steals, 0 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 40
Power Forward : P. Cheatle (Miami Cleo) (18 Points, 22 Rebounds, 5 Assists, 0 Steals, 0 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 40
Center : K. Nádas (209’s MostWanted) (18 Points, 24 Rebounds, 1 Assists, 2 Steals, 3 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 37

MVP of the evening
R. Mathews (Super Sonics) (46 Points, 4 Rebounds, 3 Assists, 2 Steals, 0 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 44

The bad performance of the evening
R. Guyton (Linndale) (7 Points, 2 Rebounds, 1 Assists, 2 Steals, 1 Block Shots) : Efficiency : -5

All kinds of statistics
The player who forgot to remove his mittens : G. Luongo (LionPride) : 8 Turnovers

Player targeted by the referees : R. Singh (Lion Rebels), R. Raich (209’s MostWanted), P. Matkowski (BKDogs) : 6 Personnal Fouls

The iron-man : K. Brown (Lion Rebels), G. Locus (Miami Cleo), L. Jackson (LionPride) : 48 Minutes

The shooter : A. Ziółkowski (209’s MostWanted), P. Paredi (BKDogs), L. Bernaerts (The Beer Bellys) : 5 Three points

The best performer : T. Freeman (Mindless Zombies 🧟‍♀️) : Rating : 17.5

The worst performer : L. Jackson (LionPride) : Rating : 5.0

This Post:
318820.27 in reply to 318820.25
Date: 06/02/2023 09:09:28
FR-S
IV.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah, that's the gist of what I'm ultimately going to do. I'm planning for a mass selloff of my team at some point that I'm hoping will net me a considerable amount of money to build up my lower tier (2000 seats currently).

I haven't decided on a final split but I was thinking:

Need to do a little more research before making a final decision...

This Post:
318820.28 in reply to 318820.27
Date: 06/02/2023 10:45:03
Hope this keeps trending up but my lower tier is avg. 5500+ a home game. That looks great.

This Post:
318820.29 in reply to 318820.28
Date: 06/02/2023 17:56:36
Lion Rebels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
The Rebellion
Week Two Power Rankings
Week 2 Observations
Week 2 typically shows the biggest movement of the season in the power rankings, mostly because of how some people start out with the schedule. My team, for example, played what the standings now declare as the 5th and 8th seeds. This week, however, we got to throw into the mix Philly Dribble, now at 3rd. At any rate, strength of schedule and timing are key for the beginning weeks of these rankings, but things will sort themselves out over time, though some teams end up winning in not so efficient fashion, which will end up sticking out like a sore thumb (thus my perpetual ranking of Carolina lower than they perform in the standings all last season). As a quick example - last week San Dominica ranked 12th in EFFG and 8th in OPP EFFG, leaving them ranked 10th overall in my rankings. This week, you'll see them fly up the charts thanks to jumping from 12th to 3rd in EFFG and 8th to 2nd in OPP EFFG.

While it is definitely not entirely accurate it makes the season a bit more interesting to have these power rankings differ a bit from what we see in the standings. They'll be up and down and around as teams find their groove (or slip and fall on their faces). For those of you who are new, we'll see them pretty much solidify and not see much movement about a week or two after the all-star break.

Lots of movement on the transfer list, but I haven't had time to catalog everyone's movement. I'll try to get to that next week. So far, things are matching up fairly evenly from one side of the standings to the other, but whitestok's crew remains the only undefeated team after four games. On to the rankings! (Last week's rank will be in parenthesis behind the team name)

Week 2 Power Rankings
1. Żubr Białystok (3)
Continuing their winning streak, Zubr had a shootout victory over BKDogs before having somewhat of a slugfest against surprisingly slumped over Tasty Tardsicles. Thanks to a Week 1 LionPride victory, they lead the league in point differential. Next comes a road trip to the Keg before hosting Mindless Zombies on television in an early season top of the standings battle.

2. San Dominica Warriors (10)
Coach Stephenson and them boys bounced back after a week 1 defeat to Carolina getting to face FR-S and Las Vegas . This week, they play host to Linndale before taking a trip to 209's. Their EFFG jumped 28 points and their OPP EFFG 16 to push them up the leaderboard this week.

3. Lion Rebels (1)
Glad to see my boys drop a bit in these rankings - can't have egos take hold, you know. While we handled Las Vegas, there was a foolish attempt made to win on the road in Philly. Silly idiot that I am. Next comes a home game against 209's before having to travel to Linndale in what should be an equally foolish evening.

4. Mindless Zombies (9)
A nice jump up the rankings for the Zombies this week with the bulk of that movement coming from their OPP EFFG thanks to a LionPride game mixed in there. They also took down Tasty after only scoring 10 points in the first quarter and they went on to win by 12 with a ridiculous 67-point 2nd half, while only hitting 29.6% of their 27 three point shots, thanks to Pooh Acevedo going off for 42 points. The U21 US player is having a nice season so far, averaging 17 PPG on 51% shooting. Next comes IRL zombies Miami Cleo before traveling to whitestok's arena for the aforementioned match up in what could determine the Great 8 leader after three weeks.

5. Super Sonics (12)
Yet another big jump, this time thanks to a 17 point EFFG leap combined with a nearly 20 point leap in OPP EFFG. After losing their first two games, they rebounded and beat off Miami before holding the Bellys at bay for their 2nd victory of the season. Tasty is on deck next before they travel to oriolekid's Ellicott City as they look to get two games above .500.

This Post:
318820.30 in reply to 318820.29
Date: 06/02/2023 17:57:10
Lion Rebels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
The Rebellion
Week 2 Power Rankings - Part 2
6. Carolina Rebels (5)
Minimal retread for Carolina this week in EFF rankings as they settle into the .500 club with a loss to 209's on the road before bouncing back with a nice victory over Linndale at home. They have what looks to be an easier week in Week 3 with matchups against Las Vegas and FR-S on the slate. Interesting to note that PF Hugo Espinosa ranks 48th in 3FG% in USA Div III...but that is only on 10 three point shots.

7. Linndale (2)
Slight shift for Linndale thanks to dropping from ranked 3rd in EFFG to 11th thanks to a 14 point drop, but they also dropped 11 points in OPP EFFG, though that slip wasn't as far. But overall, they land here. After starting off with two wins, speedtraps has been eerily quiet with a 5 point loss to Philly at home followed by Carolina's upstart victory against them on Tuesday. Next comes a road trip to San Dominica before playing host to Lion Rebels...they could either be 4-2 or 2-4...but more likely 3-3 after Week 3.

8. Philly Dribble (8)
Holding steady at 8th, they rank 9th and 7th in EFFG and OPP EFFG respectively, despite their 3-1 start. Their game one loss was rectified by beating off potential playoff competitors in Linndale and the Lion Rebels. Next comes a home TV game against FR-S, followed by a road trip to Vegas - what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, except the results of that game, which we'll be reporting live on Twitch.

9. Miami Cleo (7)
Good news - packer_22 signed in today! ("I'm not dead"). But he's going to have to get some game shape back in order which could make his next few games a bit difficult. A loss to Super Sonics was followed by a beat down of BKDogs. Next up comes a trip to The Headstone Arena before they host The Beer Bellys.

10. The Beer Bellys (14)
Moving up the rankings this week, the Bellys won on the road against LionPride before succumbing to Super Sonics at home on TV (bummer, man). Their gift now is a home matchup against Żubr Białystok before then making the aforementioned trip to Miami.

11. BKDogs (4)
BK had the most precipitous drop of the teams this week after starting the season off with two wins, they lost to Żubr in a game in which the HALF TIME score was 79-54. They put up 121 points but gave up 144 in that barn burner in which nearly 7 players scored at least 20 points (two of them managed 19 and 18). Then they turned around and came out flat against Miami, scoring only 79 points and losing by 24. They should get some bounce back against Clement EFF Holley on TV before traveling to Tasty's House of Hoops.

Last edited by Baine at 06/02/2023 17:58:55

This Post:
318820.31 in reply to 318820.30
Date: 06/02/2023 17:57:55
Lion Rebels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
The Rebellion
Week 2 Power Rankings - Part 3
12. 209's MostWanted (11)
The 209's saw a fairly significant drop in EFFG (10th to 14th) and OPP EFFG (4th to 9th), and that's with a somewhat surprising win at home against Carolina by 12. They then turned around and got smacked in the nose by FR-S. After Week 1, FR-S was averaging a paltry 86.5 EFFG, but against 209's they came out with 137 EFF as a team, hitting 50% of 90 shots including 8-20 from three. Even more astounding, THEY TOOK 42 FREE THROWS. Someone paid the refs off GOOD. At any rate, Alex has the Lion Rebels on the road Saturday before hosting the Warriors next Tuesday.

13. Tasty Tardsicles (6)
Another decent drop in these rankings, Tasty had a bit of a rough week, losing to the Zombies at home before shriveling up against Żubr Białystok and only scoring 68 points. They travel to Key Arena (I was going to be disappointed if it was named anything else, zhouzhaoxu) and then play host to BKDogs.

14. Las Vegas Silver Stars (13)
One of two teams with out a win yet, Las Vegas had a rough week this week with matchups against Lion Rebels and then hosting San Dominica. Their defense, in particular, struggled and dropped 16 points in OPP EFFG. Week 3 brings more pain, most likely, with a road trip to Carolina and then hosting Philly in the Twitch Streaming Event of the Week (I don't know where this came from, but I started it, so I'm sticking to it).

15. FR-S (15)
A tip of the cap to FR-S with just over $110k in total salary less than 209's and knocking them off while also not having a game rating of anything higher than average (in only two categories). Well played, to get the first victory of the season. Next comes a road TV game against Philly followed by Carolina at home. Will they be able to surprise anyone else?

16. Clement Holley and the Scrubs (16)
OK, OK, it's LionPride. I'm just glad they're dominating bots in the Cup with their Scrubs. Losses to the Bellys and Zombies this week with a road TV game against BKDogs followed by hosting Super Sonics. I've a hunch they're going to sneak a win against someone sometime soon.

Best of luck in Week 3!

This Post:
318820.32 in reply to 318820.30
Date: 06/02/2023 22:41:03
Linndale
IV.21
Overall Posts Rated:
After starting off with two wins, speedtraps has been eerily quiet with a 5 point loss to Philly at home followed by Carolina's upstart victory against them on Tuesday.

Been a rough couple of weeks in real life, too. I got sick, my daughter got sick, and my 2nd oldest is doing the high school graduation thing. Should be back to normal shortly. As for the basketball team, the guards have to make shots. That would be a nice start...

Advertisement