Show messages by
This Post:
318174.14 in reply to 318174.11
Date: 02/14/2023 10:13:59
DarkQueen
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi,
BB must be "copy" some features from Hattrick, where the system are solid and users moremoremoremore plus.

The autobid is very helpfull for an user that not have to much time (work, family, stress, life), may be who wrote before is a free student but it is impossibile to bid for 1 hour for a player!
In hattrick , when I have not time, I set te max for the bid and finish.

And i do not get up at 2A.M for a player. May be I prefer sleep sometimes.
Ty

This Post:
318174.15 in reply to 318174.1
Date: 02/14/2023 10:19:45
Overall Posts Rated:
I’m voting no, because this would ruin all the fun of the auctions.

But what would you say about buy-now option? I’m sure it was talked over multiple times, but what are the real pros and cons if it was introduced?

This Post:
318174.16 in reply to 318174.2
Date: 02/14/2023 10:20:33
Dublin Killers
Super League
Overall Posts Rated:
+1

Sounds like a nice thing to have but is it really something to be worked on now? Rather get a mobile app version done sooner.

This Post:
318174.17 in reply to 318174.1
Date: 02/14/2023 10:21:48
The Orchestra
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
This would be the single greatest quality of life improvement to this game!!!!!!

Not only that, it would level the playing field for managers in less populous time zones and players who have real life commitments but still enjoy this game.

It would also make the game more welcoming to new players who aren't committed enough to wake up at 2:30am to get the player or staff their team needs. It tips the balance of the game in favor of managers who are shrewd and plan well instead of in favor of managers who have time to kill.

This Post:
318174.21 in reply to 318174.1
Date: 02/14/2023 10:35:06
ElectricTriangles
III.15
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ElectricTriangles II
I voted against this proposal. Although site revenue and multi-teams are denoted as irrelevant to this conversation, I disagree that those objections are irrelevant (more specifically, the multi-team issue than the site revenue one), but I'll leave my reservations at that for this discussion.

My biggest contention with the proposal is that it hinders new teams, as well as teams in lower leagues. This proposal hurts those teams because if a team is one or two strong players away from contention and thus promotion, that team would be way less likely to be able to acquire that player. Finding "steals", or players who happen to be undervalued during their auction, is a massive benefit to any team, but especially smaller teams. Using an example of acquiring a 50k salary big man for a D4, or even a D3 team might take a lot of a lower-level teams resources, but acquiring that same player would be a drop in the bucket for richer teams or higher-level teams, who might not care about spending an extra few $100k on that player.

To condense my argument, this proposal will dramatically reduce the ability of teams to find a player who is currently being undervalued at his auction. The consequence of that will mostly impact teams that are newer, teams in lower levels, and most of all, teams that meet both of those criteria, which are most necessary for the long-term health and well-being of this wonderful game.

If you have a desire to revamp the auction system, although this would have a different set of desired impacts, I feel like it would be more popular amongst users: reduce the 3-minute timer at the end of bids to a 1-minute timer, with the addition that if you are directly outbid in that 1-minute time period, you receive a notification while on the website (or app) instead of having to refresh while on the website to check if you were outbid. Although it doesn't solve the problem of not being able to bid on a player due to work, other commitments, or just being asleep (players can still place a higher bid beforehand if they want), I believe that more players would be in favor of that new version of an auction system.

To summarize, I strongly believe the proposal would hurt the very group of managers that is most important for the long-term well-being of the site while primarily benefitting the players who are already at the top. I also believe that if people want to re-vamp the auction system in general, changing the 3-minute reset to a 1-minute reset with the addition of a notification if you're outbid is a decision that would have less unintended consequences while also being more universally agreed upon (which if necessary could also be voted on to verify).

Regardless, thank you to the BB's, CM's and GM's for all of the work they put into making this game so fun. Although I disagree with this proposal, you all have done a great job over the years, and I appreciate that you are asking for community insight on this proposal.

This Post:
318174.22 in reply to 318174.21
Date: 02/14/2023 10:45:33
Freccia Azzurra
IV.18
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slaytanic
I really don't understand why you're pushing out the people from BB. Why do you address people to use discord when here there is a forum? Why autobid?

1990-2022 Stalinorgel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV-Xppl6h8Et
This Post:
318174.23 in reply to 318174.21
Date: 02/14/2023 10:49:58
Radio_Prača
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Prača Grizzlies
The game will be less interesting.In BB you need max 30 minutes per day to set up and see everything.To avoid inactivity, maybe you should allow this once per season(or once for both ; player and staff)

Message deleted
Advertisement