Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
318671.11 in reply to 318671.10
Date: 05/01/2023 21:55:12
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Assistant just make the things at another level for me. It gives you many more options and I don't see a problem at all. even don't understand why you have problem with this topic so much.

Don't take this personally, I hope you understand that not everyone is going to agree to your views, especially one made on a whim without much understanding of the game. Look at it as an opportunity to elaborate and expand your suggestion further.

That said, I am just pointing out the redundancy of your suggestion, as most "benefits" you listed out are replicable as it is. So far the only "plus point" you brought up was the ability to set lineups, which, like I mentioned, is a two way sword. In overall, I don't see it moving any needles or improving this game in any way other than in the very rare chance something bad happens to the NT coach. It's not worth the resources spent to implement a feature which doesn't have much impact. This is one thing you have to keep in mind when pushing for a suggestion - for this suggestion to work, you might need an extra page for NT settings, they also need to program it so that NT coaches can grant other users NT coach permissions on demand. All that for saving a rare chance that the NT coach forgets to set the lineup or being admitted into the hospital? In case you're afraid of NT coaches going inactive, iirc there's already a feature which replaces them when their team goes bot.

To add on to convincing people why this feature is important, you might also want to discuss about what else the assistant can do. Will they be able to call up players? Will they have full access to NT coach features, or less? If they have the same powers, what differentiates them from the main NT coach then?

Again, I hope you don't take this negative, but rather take this as a chance to look at your suggestion in depth and improve it into something useful.

This Post:
318671.12 in reply to 318671.11
Date: 05/02/2023 06:40:33
Palermitana Canestri
Serie A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Palermitana Academy

I think it could be a good idea about scouting: when you've to view more than one hundred players (in big Nations) in a few time is very hard to be alone. If you have an assistant coach he can help you. We are talking about "head of scouts" more than "assistant coach".

I don't think it's useful about setting tactics, it can create only problems. The coach is responsible about lineup and results, not his assistant.

It's my opinion obviously.

Last edited by legolas2018 at 05/02/2023 06:40:57

This Post:
318671.13 in reply to 318671.11
Date: 05/02/2023 08:06:51
B.C. Ambidexter
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Yep, it is strange even for myself that I react in more personal way :) But I really don't see any problem with the opportunity for assistant coach :) Maybe I will not convince you, so we will just stay at different positions obviously :)

The one and only negative I see is - it can be hard to implement it in the game. All the other things in my head are just positive and you can't convince me the opposite. I will not repeat all the arguments I gave already previously. But I don't claim that I developed the idea at 100% ....the idea is assistant coach to be made - what rights he will have is not decided at 100% .....if you ask me about moving players IN and OUT of the team - it sounds reasonable assistant coach NOT be able to do that!!!

But I think to set a line-up is must have option!!! It is very strange that you are talking all the time that assistant will act against the coach.... I see it more like a team job ...coach will make assistant only an user he trust in :) I really don't see a problem.... If the coach doesnt trust anybody - he will not put assistant coach and thats it :)

For example I will put Bulgarian coach and I don't believe he will act against my nation ....but if I decide to make assistant from French coaches for example, if I have match between Bulgaria and France - I can put him out of assistance to have a rest a little bit and then put him back as assistant :)

It is not something that is frozen and things can be very movable.... for example coach may give the right to the assistant to make line-up for friendlies if the assistant sees that in the day of the match the mark about already made tactic is missing... It's all about negotiations betweet coach and assistant and if there is a problem between them... obviosly the coach will fire his assistant :)))

@ legolas2018 [ITA U21] - you are talking different thing here :) I am really talking about assistant coach which is able to set line-up also......... it is also possible the scout position to be implemented also but I see more benefit from assistant-coach ;)

btw .........as you are talking about problems to set line-up .....now an idea appears in my head - what about the national coach to have the option to choose the rights his assistant will have ???? He could lock the option for setting line-up for his assistant :))) He could unlock it when friendlies come for example.... I believe with options for the coach to choose the rights of the assistant everyone will be happy... or not??

This Post:
318671.14 in reply to 318671.1
Date: 05/02/2023 09:50:43
Cobra Kai
III.10
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Wu Tang Clan
It is a great idea. Assistant coach would be nice to also call/kick players, if the head NT coach doesnt trust anyone, he/she can simply avoid appointing an assisstant coach. If nobody likes the idea of an assistant coach setting the lineup, calling/kicking players only, would be a nice feature. .

Last edited by Cobra Kai at 05/02/2023 09:52:59

This Post:
318671.15 in reply to 318671.13
Date: 05/02/2023 10:52:23
LionDash
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
For my personal feel, having Assistant coach does improve the game experience.

A concept that I will propose (is an idea thou)

Elected Assistant Coach
- Happen right after head coach being elected. This give player a chance who failed to be head coach to try to bid for assistant.
- Period will be 1-2 weeks depend on the design. As he need to be on board the duty as soon as possible.
- Elected head coach has 2 votes compare to the rest with 1 vote. Assistant coach supposed to be someone whom the head coach can work with.
- Head coach can use the speech forum to let others to understand why that person is suitable to be your assistant.
However, to prevent unfair hiring, ultimately decision still lies on everyone to agree on it and everyone can try to be assistant.

Assistant Coach can do.
- can works as scout whom can bookmark "potential" player to assistant in shrink the list of players for the nation. This also help to relieve some of head coach task. With a smaller pool, head coach can plan up his backup plan B, C or D
- Can propose line up and game tactics for every game. This give assistant a chance to experience if you are a head coach.
Head coach line up setting will have a link to show pop up view what has the assistant propose. Head coach can use that as a reference or go ignore him.
- Can help to search for scrimmages game. As head coach might have real life duty caught up to him.

Game design
- If head coach decides to become inactive, assistant coach will automatically prompted to be head coach and manage the team till end of the season.
- If head coach did not submit a line up for the game, assistant coach line up will be used instead.
- Have a section at the team overview page with the list of players who become assistant over the seasons.

Idea for this concept.
- Head coach can scout for potential successor as some head coach wish to step down unable to do so due to lack of successor.
- Other players can use the assistant coach history section to see if that guy is worth to lead the NT/U21 in future. This help the assistant coach to have better chance to be head coach as he has proven record.
- Gives player to wish to try/ experience what it takes to be a head coach for the NT/U21. Some players really have no idea how NT/U21 works and go in blind. (e.g. Me.)
- Assistant coach can be used as a supervisor to see if head coach is really doing the job.

Finally
- If the head coach wishes to go solo. He can ignore voting, ignore propose line up, do his stuff as the current game design.
- At the end of day, head coach is still the main guy to lead the team, assistant coach only can propose and hands on if head coach decide to let him be.
- For communication wise, can reply on existing feature like the mail system

This Post:
318671.16 in reply to 318671.13
Date: 05/02/2023 11:04:54
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Yep, it is strange even for myself that I react in more personal way :) But I really don't see any problem with the opportunity for assistant coach :) Maybe I will not convince you, so we will just stay at different positions obviously :)

The one and only negative I see is - it can be hard to implement it in the game. All the other things in my head are just positive and you can't convince me the opposite. I will not repeat all the arguments I gave already previously.

Not sure if my English is that bad that you totally did not understand me, or did you just ignore my whole reply because you think I'm trying to force you to change your mind *facepalm*

Did you see what LDS did? He gave out more detailed suggestions on how to make things work? If you read my reply properly instead of ignoring it because you took things personally, you would have saved yourself from that redundant wall of text and actually didn't have to wait for him to get the ball rolling. I tried prompting you to throw out ideas to improve on your suggestion.

That said, I'll continue the discussion from his post.

Last edited by BuzzRBeater at 05/02/2023 11:22:42

To: LDS
This Post:
318671.17 in reply to 318671.15
Date: 05/02/2023 11:21:10
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
I think there are some very good quality of life changes there. Sounds like rather than having two people with head coach powers, we can have a different set of powers for the assistant. Scrimmage finding is definitely a good idea. Scouting will definitely be a help, but the question is how - maybe assistant coaches have a special feature where they can scout without calling players up to the roster? This ability would not be available to NT coaches, they're powers will still be unchanged. This kinda makes the role of assistant coach a bit more special. Plus, since we are going to have an official NT scouter... Special access to that for the assistants?

I don't know how the "proposing lineup" thing would work from a programming point of view, but maybe we can "lock" the lineups once the NT coach sets it, like what slamdunk9 mentioned? This means assistant coach can set as many lineups as they want, but once the NT coach sets it, the assistant won't be able to overwrite it. It should ensure that we won't have to worry about NT coaches forgetting to set lineups (unless both of them forgets), and that we don't have to live on "trust" that the assistant coach won't undercut the NT coach and set a last minute lineup.

I think this would be workable. Tho how we select them *might* require more thought.

This Post:
318671.18 in reply to 318671.16
Date: 05/02/2023 11:30:28
B.C. Ambidexter
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
I am new user here and I am not sure how many things are working :) I had no idea you expect me to make a game engine plan or something ...I thought it is enough just to say the main idea and it is the job of the developers to think exactly how to be best implemented. I am not very ordered person to make a list like LDS :) I am a little bit more random and unordered... but anyway I am not so much experienced to say how everything should happen!

And definetely I have no idea how programing will happen. I just say what I feel is right or wrong as an idea...

To: LDS
This Post:
318671.20 in reply to 318671.15
Date: 05/02/2023 13:44:33
B.C. Ambidexter
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for the effort to develop my idea. Also ...maybe I don't understant well 100% everything correctly because at least I am not using English interface but Bulgarian and I don't know how some things in the game are working right now. And maybe also my English is not the best. So, mistakes in my understanding of your comment are possible :)

But anyway - I totally disagree assistant to be selected by the users! The idea for assistant in my head is someone to helps and supports the national coach the way national coach feels he want it.

Only the national coach should choose his assistant. Only if he wants it!
The national coach should have the option to fire his assistant and to put a new one when he feels he wants it. He can have 10 assistants during the mandate if he wants.
Also, the assistant is not obligatory - the coach decides to have assistant or to not have.
National coach should have options to choose the rights he gives to his assistant:
- possibility to change lineup or not change
- possibility to put players in team and take them out ..or not have this possibility
The coach should have possibility to change these options all the time - like right now I play the game in Bulgarian but if I want I can change it to English :)

The assistant will see players of the national team all the time - this will not be optional since he is assistant.
And I think the best way for communication is a wall-chat with there chatting only the coach and his assistant to develop tactics for the match or something.

In my head things should be very flexible so every national coach to profit the best way of his assistant as each coach to decide which right to give to his assistant. Elected assistant could be a big problem potentially and I really don't believe in this suggestion.

Advertisement