This Post:
315896.11 in reply to 315896.10
Date: 08/02/2022 18:15:55
Lion Rebels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
LR Youth BC
Good luck in game two tonight to everyone but Coach Stephenson!

Tonight's Potential Highlight Matchups
Should be a good battle between Rip City on the road against Philly with a face off between guards Miguel Velasco (25 pts on 58% shooting, including 4-6 from three) and Nikky Nay Nay (25 pts on 66% shooting, including 2-5 from three.

The other game I've got my eye on is The Beer Bellys on the road against Miami Cleo after thatguy suffered a heart breaking 3 point loss to The Ashkickers Saturday night. Will they be able to temper Damon Santana (39 pts on 34 shots) with Juan Segovia (27 pts on 21 shots)?

This Post:
315896.12 in reply to 315896.11
Date: 08/02/2022 23:16:53
San Dominica Warriors
III.11
Overall Posts Rated:
I be daggumed. I figured the zone would slow him down but I was still expecting that son of a gun to have a double double. I just hoped it would slow him down enough to get a win but ... Oh I am going to enjoy this one since this is the first time in 5 games the Terror didn't get a double double.

Last edited by Coach Stephenson at 08/02/2022 23:17:34

This Post:
315896.13 in reply to 315896.12
Date: 08/03/2022 09:15:33
Lion Rebels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
LR Youth BC
Yeah...I tuned in for the last quarter only to watch them go something like 4-17 from the field and blow it. Patient was probably a miscalculation - congrats on the win!

This Post:
315896.14 in reply to 315896.13
Date: 08/03/2022 09:19:27
Lion Rebels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
LR Youth BC
Day 2 (Tuesday 2 August 2022) : Performances by (https://www.buzzer-manager.com)

Night results
Linndale 90 - Carolina Rebels 67
Lion Rebels 83 - San Dominica Warriors 95
Rip City Revival 95 - Philly Dribble 90
The Lone Wolf 93 - Mighty Moose Rockets 88
2 percent 105 - Hustlas 116
Is This Heaven? 57 - The Ashkickers 95
The Beer Bellys 87 - Miami Cleo 103
Żubr Białystok 75 - Tachenko 102

Best collective performance of the evening
Rebounds : 62 : Tachenko
Assists : 30 : Tachenko
Steals : 10 : The Lone Wolf
Block Shots : 11 : The Ashkickers

Personal best performances of the evening
Rebounds : 20 : P. Cheatle (Miami Cleo)
Assists : 9 : J. Segovia (The Beer Bellys)
Steals : 4 : C. Hampton (Tachenko), G. Gattoni (The Ashkickers), N. Sharf (The Lone Wolf)
Block Shots : 4 : T. Armstead (Lion Rebels)

Top 5 of the evening
Point Guard : I. Fuica (The Lone Wolf) (24 Points, 4 Rebounds, 3 Assists, 2 Steals, 0 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 19
Shooting Guard : A. Varpukevicius (Miami Cleo) (44 Points, 3 Rebounds, 3 Assists, 0 Steals, 0 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 41
Small Forward : S. Legkauskas (Hustlas) (43 Points, 2 Rebounds, 1 Assists, 0 Steals, 1 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 32
Power Forward : G. Pullen (Tachenko) (22 Points, 18 Rebounds, 3 Assists, 0 Steals, 1 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 32
Center : Y. Semiramis (The Beer Bellys) (25 Points, 17 Rebounds, 1 Assists, 1 Steals, 0 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 34

MVP of the evening
A. Varpukevicius (Miami Cleo) (44 Points, 3 Rebounds, 3 Assists, 0 Steals, 0 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 41

The bad performance of the evening
Y. Galileos (Rip City Revival) (0 Points, 1 Rebounds, 0 Assists, 0 Steals, 0 Block Shots) : Efficiency : -5

All kinds of statistics
The player who forgot to remove his mittens : E. Albright (Mighty Moose Rockets), T. Armstead (Lion Rebels) : 5 Turnovers

Player targeted by the referees : R. Heard (Mighty Moose Rockets), L. Arevalo (Carolina Rebels), D. Wilmink (2 percent) : 6 Personnal Fouls

The iron-man : A. Gallucci (Miami Cleo), E. Albright (Mighty Moose Rockets), H. Espinosa (Carolina Rebels), D. Winkler (Lion Rebels), M. Carrillo (Lion Rebels), H. Quindós (Żubr Białystok), P. Mari Acuña (2 percent), D. Wilmink (2 percent) : 48 Minutes

The shooter : A. Varpukevicius (Miami Cleo) : 8 Three points

The best performer : R. Mason (Tachenko) : Rating : 16.5

The worst performer : K. Cruz (Tachenko) : Rating : 4.0

This Post:
315896.15 in reply to 315896.11
Date: 08/03/2022 09:25:41
The Beer Bellys
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Scorchers
I picked the absolute wrong game to experiment with my lineup, while at the same time I cant remember the last time we only hit one three pointer. Good win Cleo, Varpukevicius absolutely destroyed us by himself.

This Post:
315896.16 in reply to 315896.15
Date: 08/03/2022 09:54:31
Overall Posts Rated:
Wow that was wild. Was not expecting that result. Not looking forward to the rematch. Maybe you can experiment in that game too? (Pretty please)

This Post:
315896.17 in reply to 315896.16
Date: 08/03/2022 10:50:27
The Beer Bellys
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Scorchers
No mercy...ha ha ha. Dude, you had one of your best players injured and went TIE, still smoked me. You obviously have the better team.

Power rankings this week should reflect your strong win...looking at you Baine.

This Post:
315896.18 in reply to 315896.17
Date: 08/03/2022 13:57:50
Lion Rebels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
LR Youth BC
Looks like Linndale's Lagorce is a goner - bid put in on him early this morning.

UPDATE: Lukáš Urban with a couple of bids as well.

Last edited by Baine at 08/03/2022 17:58:03

This Post:
315896.19 in reply to 315896.17
Date: 08/03/2022 14:22:45
Overall Posts Rated:
I went TIE because I figured it was a sure fire loss!

This Post:
315896.20 in reply to 315896.19
Date: 08/04/2022 09:37:04
Lion Rebels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
LR Youth BC
Week One Power Rankings - Part One
Welcome to season 58's first official power rankings following games one and two of the regular season. The season has gotten underway with a relatively big bang from several players with seven players averaging at least 25 points, ten of them averaging 60% or higher in field goal percentage, eight players hitting at least 60% from three-point range, 12 players not missing a free throw, five players with at least 31 rebounds, 11 players averaging at least 5 assists per game, and nine players averaging over 25 in efficiency. It looks like we're shaping up to have another defensive battle themed season with only 4 teams allowing more than 100 points per game and only three teams averaging more than 100 points per game. Some of the promotees look really good while some of them look really bad and Tachenko is, as expected, bringing fire from Div II.

My power rankings are based on a combination of average Efficiency Per Game (EFFG) rank and their Opponents EFFG (OPP EFFG). Week one ties are sorted by difference in EFFG and OPP EFFG (ensuing weeks will take into consideration previous week's rankings to sort ties).

1. Tachenko
Ranked 2nd in my preseason rankings, Tachenko has dominated their first two games against admittedly weaker opponents, although Żubr Białystok held their own against them for two quarters Tuesday night. Four of their 5 starters are averaging at least 14 PPG and their fifth starter, SG Harris Stark has only given up 8 points in two games. They lay claim to the highest differential in EFFG, sitting at 69 after two games (nice).

2. Linndale
Ranked 3rd in the preseason, Linndale easily handled their first two opponents of the season, winning both games by over 20 points. While they're only shooting 35% from three, they're tied for the league lead in steals and have given up the least number of turnovers. Their scoring attack, so far, doesn't feature one dominant player, but is evenly spread between three starters and two bench players. It will be interesting to see how they hold up against stiffer competition with a matchup on the road against Philly Dribble next week.

3. Rip City Revival
Jbogroff's team was my number one entering the season, and while their efficiency rankings don't have them there (yet), they've proved their worth with a dominant win over San Dominica and a spectacular 4th quarter come from behind win on the road in the Dribble Bucket against Philly Dribble holding them to 29% 3-point FG shooting. They pulled out the win despite giving up 22 FT makes. Last season's MVP, Nikky Nay Nay, is continuing his dominant work, averaging 25.5 PPG on 60% shooting and a 14.7 Average Rating.

4. Hustlas
Even though Reece was a promotee, not much of a surprise to see them this high in the rankings as they appeared to be well set up to succeed in Div III. Their first two matchups have been against other Div IV promotees, but both 2% and Heaven appear to be relatively overmatched at this level. Hustlas actually are ranked 1st in EFFG and while their OPP EFFG (8th) leaves a little to be desired, they should hold their own relatively well throughout the season. Sirmantas Legkauskas appears to be a legitimate scoring threat, averaging 37 PPG over the first two games to lead the league. Fun fact: Legkauskas holds the Hustlas record for scoring at 67 points, but has routinely scored at least 50 points, hitting that mark 22 times over the last 5 seasons!

This Post:
315896.21 in reply to 315896.20
Date: 08/04/2022 09:37:42
Lion Rebels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
LR Youth BC
Week One Power Rankings - Part Two
5. The Ashkickers
With a preseason ranking of 7th, Tylormade survived an upset scare against thatguy's squad before taking out their frustration with their preseason ranking by demolishing IOWA's Heavenly crew, holding them to only 57 points in 4 quarters. Two of their guards are averaging at least 20 ppg (Sesamo & Gattoni) to lead their attack and they're second in the league in FG% (49.1%). Two relatively easy matchups this next week will keep them close to the top of these rankings come next week.

6. Lion Rebels
The first one loss team in these rankings (ushering in the ire of packer_22, I'm sure), thanks mostly to a weak opponent in their first game and while losing game two, still held up surprisingly well in terms of efficiency (aside from an abysmal fourth quarter in which my team gave up 7 turnovers and shot an abysmal 4-15 from the field, with three of those field goals coming in the final minutes). Definitely still riding the wave of beating up on Carolina Rebels and I'm sure the true Rebels will end up slotted lower on this list in future editions.

7. Philly Dribble
I predict this will be the lowest Phil_Wings will be on this list this season after a home game loss to Rip City which dropped them to 7th in OPPO EFFG and they haven't been quite as efficient on offense this season compared to last, ranked 6th so far. While they had a dominiant game one win, they allowed three of Rip City's players 27 or more EFF with Nikky Nay Nay scoring 26 and PF Fornels scoring 24. They face off against Lion Rebels on Saturday (on the road, but probably a win) before hosting Linndale in a marque matchup. A team that lost only 4 games last season, they could be halfway there after just two weeks this season.

8. Miami Cleo
There's a middle tier of OPP EFFG hovering between 90-106 and Miami is at the top of that tier after two wins. They've got a decent EFFG rating, but if they hope to improve their standing in their conference, they're going to have to continue to win the games they should win and keep the out of reach teams within arms length. If they can avoid getting blown out by the likes of Tachenko, The Ashkickers, and Hustlas, they've got a chance to remain high in these rankings. Either way, after two games, I think they can pencil themselves into a playoff spot in the Great 8, but it will depend on how 2 percent and Beer Bellys fare.

9. The Beer Bellys
thatguy's squad is the highest ranked 0 win squad, beating out the likes of San Dominica and The Lone Wolf who each won a game. This is based primarily on their own EFFG, but once again, their struggles center on their inability to cause opponents to play inefficiently, allowing 117 so far on the season. Their game one loss stings, but their loss to Miami probably hurts worse as it signals a shift back toward Miami who had a somewhat surprising downturn last season. They've given up the 2nd most points on the season so far and this next week doesn't look promising with matchups against current 1 & 3 seeds in the Great 8.

10. San Dominica Warriors
After game one loss to Rip City by 21 points, Coach Stephenson and them boys pulled off the home win, sufficiently stifling Terry Armstead and inducing 5 turnovers from him nd holding him to only 1-5 from the field. Still, they're struggling with OPP EFFG, but have a chance to improve that next week after their Linndale matchup when they host promotee The Lone Wolf. San Dom definitely has a chance to make the playoffs, but his win Tuesday night goes a long way to knocking the Lion Rebels into a potential relegation matchup.

Advertisement