New Team

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
259295.11 in reply to 259295.10
Date: 08/16/2014 22:10:27
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks APG I appreciate the kind words.

I doubt I'll make very much noise this season. It looks like you and Barca will be battling it out to get to the championship. I look forward to following that battle the rest of this season. Maybe I'll get a shot at one of you guys in the championship next year!

Cheers.

This Post:
259295.12 in reply to 259295.11
Date: 08/17/2014 16:31:02
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes, i especially look forward to the next time I'm playing Allied Precise Gunmen.

Well i already met JG10 in chat, have fun both of you, and good luck in the season, especially vs Dekalb.

This Post:
259295.13 in reply to 259295.12
Date: 08/20/2014 03:53:38
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah Barca, our next game should be interesting for sure.

Both of you had really interesting games last night.

Iowa, just wow. I don't think I'll ever see a 4 OT game again. Like, wow. Must have been really really exciting if you were watching it live - it's a shame that you came out on the bottom of that. It could have easily gone either way.

Barca, very good effort against Dekalb. You managed to get it within 15, which is so much better than anybody else has done. AND you did it with your second-highest salaried player injured after just 14 minutes. Way to go man! He'll have home-court advantage if you meet in the finals, but I feel like if you met him in the finals, you'd be able to put up a good fight (especially if you decided to buy better players).

This Post:
259295.14 in reply to 259295.13
Date: 08/20/2014 10:17:05
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes, last night was entertaining but a bummer. Not only did I end up losing but some of my players gathered too many minutes. Having just acquired most of my players, their game shape is terrible and I'm hoping that is the reason I came out with the loss. I had a better FG%, out rebounded them by 24, and had 7 more assists. They hit a 3 with 7 seconds to go in regulation to tie it up and send it into overtime. Then it ended with him making a buzzerbeater at the end of the 4th OT to take the win.

Looks like you played well burninator. You have moved past Barca to take over the lead in your conference, congrats! The two of you will be battling it out the rest of the season and playoffs. It is gonna make for an entertaining finish to see who will get a stab at Dekalb in the championship.

Barca, you had some unfortunate luck last night as well, not only did one of your better players get injured, but your trainee fouled out early in the game. If my math skills are correct, he now only has 47 minutes this week and won't receive full training. Good news is at least your injury only lasted for that game.

Good luck the rest of the way to both of you and hopefully one can pull off the upset in the championship.

Edit: BTW, I just looked at last season's results for our league. According to that, the top 3 teams in both conferences were promoted. So it looks like both of you may be promoted after this season!

Last edited by JG10Hawk at 08/21/2014 16:40:14

This Post:
259295.15 in reply to 259295.14
Date: 08/27/2014 19:00:27
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm dont need to buy anyone right now tbh APG. As long as i have a good run, seeing what happened last season with 3 teams getting promoted, I think i could afford to lose 4 games and still get promoted. I'm gonna focus on building my arena and preparing for division 4. Maybe find another trainee next season too, Simpson's not bad, but i could probably find better.

eyy, and Dincer Ariman + Williard Paquette made the all star team bench from my team... woo lol.

This Post:
259295.16 in reply to 259295.13
Date: 09/20/2014 22:27:42
Overall Posts Rated:
This Tuesday, Allied Precise Gunmen meets Trinidad and Tobago Iguanas at Karachi Stadium.
Number 1 meets Number 2.
Winner takes the conference.
Be there.

All are invited to come watch this game, it will be interesting, it will be dramatic, and it will be ENTERTAINING. The conference is on the line here, and after an embarrassing 2nd half failure in the 1st meeting, TTI are determined to do better.

Who will win? Who will prevail?
Is this a preview of the conference finals?

Can anyone beat Dekalb?
Will Iowa cause a huge upset, after an amazing 2nd half of the season?

What's YOUR opinion?

League V.2 has been full of twists and turns this season, stay tuned for more.

This Post:
259295.17 in reply to 259295.16
Date: 09/21/2014 04:45:11
Overall Posts Rated:
Oh yeah, things are definitely going to be interesting. I think that bot-based promotion is only dependent on your regular season record, so this game is actually very important if we want to promote to DIV next season (though it is still very possible that ever a record of 19-3 is good enough to promote).

The match will be exciting I hope. You picked up an amazing PG and your team has been looking very scary lately. I think having home court advantage will be very important for my team, since I don't think we'd come very close otherwise.

As far as Dekalb, for some reason he is playing scrimmages these days and playing his players in them too, which is really putting a strain on their gameshape. I don't understand what he's trying to do, but it seems like he's trying to give everybody else a better shot at him.

This Post:
259295.18 in reply to 259295.17
Date: 09/21/2014 20:25:03
Overall Posts Rated:
Things are definitely starting to heat up. You two are fighting for home court advantage when you will likely meet in the conference finals. 2 regular season games left and I could use some help from CIA Tuesday. If he wins and I take care of business I could end up a 3 seed. That would allow me to avoid Dekalb for the 1st round and allow his aging team to possibly incur a key injury or two, or so one can hope. It's gonna be an entertaining end of the season. Good luck to you both!

This Post:
259295.19 in reply to 259295.18
Date: 09/24/2014 11:26:23
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, I guess the truth is out - Trinidad is pretty much better than APG. Honestly, i was really surprised I only won by 9 points, even with doing crunch time and HCA but I guess you're really that much better than me.

Sorry for CTing. It's just that having a better regular season record is so much more important for promotion than trying to go further in the playoffs, which I will definitely lose to either you or Dekalb in the finals.

This Post:
259295.20 in reply to 259295.19
Date: 09/27/2014 18:50:28
Overall Posts Rated:
but you're a great manager, i've just invested more into my line up than you have, and your stadium may be slightly better off for that. I can't blame you, although I'm aiming for the championship.

19-3 should be good enough anyway, since I know a few people in other d5 leagues with worse off records in 2nd place.
I'm guessing Iowa needs to win the ship to be promoted because of his record though, although no matter, he could dominate d5 next season.

I still have a few surprises.

Last edited by BarcaSwag at 09/27/2014 18:51:17

This Post:
259295.21 in reply to 259295.20
Date: 10/02/2014 16:47:47
Overall Posts Rated:
MVP Voting is out, and Dekalb has 3 of the top 4 players in there.

Although imo, Donfrancesco was more of an MVP than Dekalb's Centre, Donfrancesco basically carried Great white all season.

Oh well.

Hey good luck saturday, buminator.

Advertisement