BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Cyprus > U21 National Team Debate Thread

U21 National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
75136.10 in reply to 75136.9
Date: 02/24/2009 16:19:34
Overall Posts Rated:
some question for Patrick Thend

1)I really like your blog and I think it's an awesome idea.Have you got some idea for Cyprus like this one???

2)it's an innovative idea to put some interest on defense.So do you prefer monoskill with high level in defense skills??

3)Have you got a staff like TheCippis??

I think Cyprus could be a top 40 team during this year with one of this candidate as NT coach

You're on your way fam

This Post:
75136.11 in reply to 75136.1
Date: 02/25/2009 01:17:31
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi everybody.. ;)
I want be cyprus U-21 national team coach, because i saw big potencial of yours young players..I from lithuania - basketball country. If you have quastions please write pm.

This Post:
75136.12 in reply to 75136.4
Date: 02/25/2009 04:18:19
Overall Posts Rated:
1) Every help is needed and is demanded.
2) I Always loved to work with youngsters, and i strongly believe in the new generation, and also i would love to leave something behind me, for the next manager
3) Priority i think that is the senior NT, U21 NT must work as Arsenal for the senior NT
4) I have already started to contact with lots of users, on Greek, couz many of them are young kids that there English is poor, so language is important for them.
5) What i like is to take he best from any player. You cant put a rule for that, also those high mono lvl skill can help as a role players on certain match ups. For example if u have a C with amazing rebounding skills and inside D can work better against high scoring C, than a well rounded-but-average skill C

An LT candidate said that he is coming from a basketball country. Well i am half Greek half Cypriot, and Greece has a great tradition on basketball too. Anyway on this game is more important to understand the mechanics that is working than actual knowledge of basketball (and you cant argue about my knowledge, when i am fun of the game for more than 20 years). Being computer professional also helps me to understand easier how the game works.

In Greek now
1)Erwtisi: Skopeveis na exeis kapoion na parakolou8ei ka8e 8esi?
Apantisi: Ka8e dynati voi8eia xreiazetai kai apaiteitai

2) Er:Se endiaferei mia omada poly dynati mias xrysis, i mia omada exeliximi me mellon?
Ap: Panta agapousa na doulevw me neous, kai pistevw poly stin nea genia, kai 8a i8ela poly otan o epomenos manager analavei na tou exw afisei kati

3)Er:An kapoios paiktis einai ikanos kai gia tis 2 e8nikes ti 8a kaneis?
Ap: Proteraiotita exei i megali e8niki. I mikri leitourgei san fytwrio tis megalis

4)Er: Exeis kapoies idees sto pws 8a afxiseis tin drastiriotita tis koinotitas opws kanei o gnappo stin Italia?
Ap: Idi exw epikoinwnisei me arketous xristes sta ELLINIKA afou polloi apo aftous einai neara paidia pou den miloun kai toso kala Agglika opote i glwssa einai symantiki

5)Er:Protimas mia omada me paiktes pou 8a exoun mia katigoria parapoly kali, i kapoia omada me paiktes pou kanoun polla kala pragmata alla tpt spoudaio?
Ap: Ayto pou mou aresei einai na pairnw to kalytero apo ka8e paikti. Den mporeis na valeis kanona se afto. Oi paiktes me 1 parapoly kali ikanotita mporoun na voi8isoun poly me sygkekrimenous antipalous. Px exeis 1 C pou einai parapoly kalos rebounder, kai poly kalos stin esswteriki amyna, 8a doulepsei poly kalytera apenanti se 1 poly kalo scorer C, apo oti kapoios pou ola ta kanei metria

1 Li8ouanos ypopsifios eipe pws proerxetai apo mpasketiki xwra. Egw eimai misos Kyprios misos Elladitis, kai i Ellada exei megali paradosi sto basket episis. Tespa pio symantiko se afto to paixnidi einai na katalaveis to pws doulevei para sovari gnwsi tou basket (den dexomai amfisvitisi gia tin gnwsi mou afou parakolou8w maniodws to a8lima gia panw apo 20 xronia), to gegonos oti eimai epagkelmatias tis pliroforikis sigoura voi8a arketa stin katanoisi twn mixanismwn tou paixnidiou

Last edited by JohnnyB at 02/25/2009 04:40:17

Message deleted
This Post:
75136.14 in reply to 75136.10
Date: 02/26/2009 15:49:21
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello McDaniel,

1 - Blog is an open idea. If we see something like that needed I can do one more information blog about Cyprus. I think now, I will do one blog for Cyprus. This can contain information about matches and the progress about team that shows we are on the right or the wrong road.

2 - This defence idea will work like that: Some teams are strong inside and you can not beat them without defence. So for example we will close inside with the inside defencers on that match and try to look for outside scoring. I want everyone defence at min. lets say 10. I think this idea because we dont have all perfect players. And defence is just perfect for stopping monster teams. Yes, we can have some players high monoskill that has defence and rebaund +12.. +13 may be. But we will have them for spesific situtions.

3 - I have got 2 people will work with me. I am a close friend of old U21 coach, he will also help me about team.
I want to see Cyprus at top 40 also.

Sorry for answering lately,

P.T.

Last edited by Patrick Thend at 02/26/2009 15:50:20

This Post:
75136.15 in reply to 75136.6
Date: 02/26/2009 16:05:07
Overall Posts Rated:
I know FuRQan anf Patrick Thend they are friends, both are experienced and capable to do Management.

I think they should consider, both may be the perfect manager for Cyprus.

Greets.

Last edited by Extraño Niño at 02/26/2009 18:54:48

This Post:
75136.16 in reply to 75136.15
Date: 02/26/2009 17:07:03
Overall Posts Rated:
To all candidates

a) in which way do you wanna behave with me? With kind of connection could you purpose for a clear and detailed cooperation?

b) could you tell me 3 important things you look for to get ready for a match?

This Post:
75136.17 in reply to 75136.16
Date: 02/26/2009 17:19:06
Overall Posts Rated:
A) bbmails & forums
a)* messenger!
a)** seriously: you know it, and itw's declared in my speech. a full overall cooperation, that means:
- sharing the work to keep the database updated
- sharing any idea about how a u21, future nt, player should be trainend properly by it's owner.
- tactical and technical issues debating in prematch and in considering the nt season opponents and, obviously, players
- a good hard job to do is, imho, to select very accuratly the db, to check out the "needed" inside or outside players for the u21, at the very beginning of the season, in order to let the NT coach select for the NT those players that are not just fine enough for the u21 but that can be handled usefully by the NT manager!
- any issue that you think it's necessary to treat together, will be treaten together!

B) - Opponent!: shape, salary, top 5 players, favourite tactics.
- our players: shape and top team to get rid of the upcoming opponent! should our sf be an allarounded defender? or a deadly 3pter? or should he be a 2nd pf to smash down their basket?
- enthusiasm: should we go crunch time to try to make it despite their strength?
or we'd better take it easy in order to have an higher enthusiasm to spend against the next, maybe easier, opponent?

This Post:
75136.18 in reply to 75136.17
Date: 02/26/2009 17:21:45
Overall Posts Rated:
Ok, thanks for answering me so fast

This Post:
75136.19 in reply to 75136.18
Date: 02/26/2009 17:24:00
Overall Posts Rated:
you're welcome.
i use to spend almost an hour per day on BB...

if I will be elected i guess this time will probably at least double up.

This Post:
75136.20 in reply to 75136.16
Date: 02/26/2009 19:42:36
Overall Posts Rated:

a) Of anytime you want you can discuss with me using with bb-mail, forums, messenger. you want a player to use in NT squad so we will discuss what the player need for first team. so what will owner do ? These are changeful subjects but main subject is you will find what you asked for. And it is important.

b) To answer this question is 'to write same things with thecippis'. But it is just one thing more than ready with my own team and national team:
'NT belongs to everyone, of course I will choose the last tactic and will have the last word for strategy but before it I must consider what population is saying.' This is why this game has national teams. Everyone can make something to do it better. Everyone can make some difference with the words, players, experience. Different kind of it.

But if needed to write for 3 things :

- Last 5 games tactics & players & stats
- Last 5 games most weak points
- Quality of the oppenent and our team (compare) and strong side of us.

thanks
P.T.

Advertisement