USA - III.7 > S34

S34

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
276701.11 in reply to 276701.9
Date: 02/17/2016 17:44:56
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah like I would try to follow your footsteps. Psh. Lol. Lmao.

This Post:
276701.14 in reply to 276701.12
Date: 02/17/2016 21:16:28
Overall Posts Rated:
Everyone on BB sucks. It's just that the B3 winner sucks less than the rest of us. Deep shit man look into it

This Post:
276701.15 in reply to 276701.14
Date: 02/17/2016 21:43:28
Overall Posts Rated:
Not gonna lie, I'm super jealous of your THREE 50 year old players. And for some odd reason, that you have one guy named "Abel Abel." And he's a black ginger.

EDIT: Also, how mad would you be if I won the first game against you again Sparta?

Last edited by Texas at 02/17/2016 21:48:46

This Post:
276701.17 in reply to 276701.15
Date: 02/17/2016 21:55:09
Overall Posts Rated:
Haha that's nothing. Just look at shikago's team (23424)

Only thing I have going for me is that all 3 of my 50 year olds were former NT players, but shikago has everyone beat by a mile.

Yeah I only kept Abel because of his name and at the time that I drafted him they just added that face changer thing. Pretty neat.

This Post:
276701.18 in reply to 276701.17
Date: 02/18/2016 06:32:44
Overall Posts Rated:
p̶r̶e̶ mature power rankings:

1. Rhino’s Rage - team salary - 329 084 - average starters' salary - 57 210 - average backup's (6-10) salary - 7 669 - arena size - 18 500

the rage will come in as the favorites for promotion this season. unlike other years, there doesn't appear to be a clear favorite, but rhino was as close as they come. with a studly starting lineup and returning 3rd place MVP at their disposal, they can make a strong case for being the team to beat. his players are perpetually for sale at ungodly prices, which i guess isn't a bad idea. i mean, anyone crazy enough to pay a cool 2 mil will see the former d2 rage as beneficiaries of what may as well be grandpa's inheritance. they still have another year before mantle starts his decline, and another 3 with runkun and swies, but it's clear that they want to get younger without sacrificing quality. the forward pairing of argentoni and runkun are sure to cause plenty of fits this season, and that's the strength of rhino that makes them difficult to deal with.

2. DC Wizards - team salary - 284 139 - average starters' salary - 36 959 - average backup's (6-10) salary - 13 509 - arena size - 19 235

they finally get their respect. as always, an extremely deep team that's sure to make a deep cup run. same questions as always with them. do they have the front line firepower to keep up? how badly will age degradation hurt them? do they have an answer at sf? it's a nasty team to handle anyway. willis and druff are improving as bigs, and now boas can feed them. the III.7 bad boys were tucked tail between legs by the tragic in the finals last season, and a repeat start-to-finish is entirely foreseeable. they'll once again face some stiff competition this season out of blue side rivals homeboyz and bucsblue, and baker street is always lurking, while the doofuses seem poised to make a splash into the league.

3. Frosty BC - team salary - 277 718 - average starters' salary - 44 663 - average backup's (6-10) salary - 8 873 - arena size - 18 626

f-b-what? f-b-c! fros-ty-what? frosty-MC! ranked 3rd? isn't that a little high? well ok, i might have a bit of bias here, but i did knock off rhino in the playoffs on the road last year. idk man, i could do it again. i don't think we're completely outmatched, in any case. margono to koscien, oelrich and domenec emerging as legit, high tsp small forwards, liutvickas raining 3s, slimane taking over games single-handedly, cedeno in the clutch... man, we could do it this season. it'd better be this season or the next. i haven't decided whether or not to try a 3rd time. i may. but this is it. this is the squad. no new pieces. same cast of characters, a year trained up. it's now a veteran group with 8 players being 29 years old or better. no decline for me, which is nice. but yeah, i think i can handle any forward combo in the league, and have the difference be my pg and c, liutvickas as the x factor. i like my chances quite a bit.

Last edited by FrostyMc at 02/18/2016 06:34:30

This Post:
276701.19 in reply to 276701.18
Date: 02/18/2016 06:35:19
Overall Posts Rated:

4. homeboyz - team salary - 263 651 - average starters' salary - 45 749 - average backup's (6-10) salary - 6 981 - arena size - 16 165

jesus, i just noticed how massive everyone's arenas are this season. 16k is like pretty small. anyway, yeah, the boyz are good. vahi is a manimal. ardas is looking absolutely frightening. dude gobbled up 27 rebounds in our scrimmage. 27. i get it, we're not the best rebounding team, but... 27. and that was my starting lineup and everything. so obviously this is an interior-oriented team, but a LOT of their points come from kasselakis, their sf. dude can shoot. looking at their composition, you'd almost expect them to make a splash in the transfer market for some wing play. if/when that happens, it could be game over for the league. for that reason, i think the boyz are very much title contenders, and expect them to do very well this season even without any free agent help.

5. BucsBlue Lob City - team salary - 273 681 - average starters' salary - 43 754 - average backup's (6-10) salary - 8 443 - arena size - 21 585

on the blue side, the bucsblue are no longer singing the blues in terms of their roster. tompkins has reinforcements this season. had they not sold hilton, this team would pretty much be a contender as is. but alas, they did, and are now in need of a power forward. idk how they plan on overcoming that hole, unless they think mohren can do it. who knows? dude did put up a 14.0 at pf last season. i just think that, if they plan on moving that sg to sf and that sf to pf, i think more natural forwards are going to have their way with them, and as we've previously noted, there are no shortage of those in this league. the good news? my god, can they score from the perimeter. i mean, good luck defending it. it doesn't even need to be topmkins. spaggiari looks like he can light it up from 3, mohren definitely can, tompkins can, czeszejko can... how exactly do you stop the 3 ball from coming against this team?

6. LionPride - team salary - 274 518 - average starters' salary - 40 734 - average backup's (6-10) salary - 9 911 - arena size - 18 012

the pride were extremely strong rookies last season, narrowly missing the playoffs by a game and 10 pd. despite putting up 13 wins, the red side was just extremely strong. indeed too much to overcome and make a playoff appearance in their first season. that could change this season. such will be the hope, at any rate. they're trying to dump talented youngster randy coyle for a cool mil, smash-and-grab style. i'm sure it's just me, but i'd keep him. how often do you have a perfect chance to train a small forward, and one as promising as THAT one? it'd be the difference between a fringe playoff team and a title contender. however, if that sale does go through, they're going to be in excellent position to pick up some starting power, and make the red side shake with fear. maybe sell coyle and mplatsiotis (what a name) and buy a BIGTIME, younger sg. this team already has me worried, but a move like that would be terrifying, and it's a very real possibility. they're already good. i mean, up front, it's hard for teams to really pound them, and their guards are more than adequately productive.

This Post:
276701.20 in reply to 276701.19
Date: 02/18/2016 06:35:54
Overall Posts Rated:

7. Ballstars - team salary - 256 544 - average starters' salary - 40 933 - average backup's (6-10) salary - 8 842 - arena size - 13 475

their first playoff appearance was last season, and they'd expect to continue that, now absent powerhouse orlando tragic. back to back playoff appearances lets the league know you're for real, and are a heartbeat away from title contention. i think they can, and will make it. no reason not to think that. it'll be tight on the red side. svj can still be good, and the rookie relegatee low posters look strong. but ballstars look strong. moreau has been dominant, christianson is an excellent big, carone is coming along nicely and should be able to get much better as the season wears on, and orlowski and drugics round out the starting 5 well. 3 bigtime bench players... it's a well put-together team. very versatile. i highly doubt they have the bank to upgrade drugics, which makes them not quite title contenders, but they're close. honestly, 2 seasons of improvement from carone might be enough. might not even have to upgrade at all.

8. HoopsterDoofuses - team salary - 264 724 - average starters' salary - 44 488 - average backup's (6-10) salary - 6 174 - arena size - 17 550

uh oh, tompkins has competition. warren's stature is minute, but his play is enormous. the latter part of last season, he was putting up 17.5 ratings and dropping 35+ most nights. yes, it was in d4, but still, that's a lot of scoring no matter how you slice it. joining him in the backcourt is yet another stud, oshri englander. they might actually be more difficult to stop than bucsblue's backcourt. might. i wonder if warren has anymore pops left in him? i think this team is going to get worked by the ones with quality forwards for the most part, occasionally surprising one when warren goes off for 50, which won't be every night, but it's GOING to happen, and it could happen to a good team. not much else to say about them. 2 of their 3 best players are in decline, which isn't a great thing. they have a lot of homegrown talent, warren being the most notable, but holbrook is a quality player as well. an 8th season vet manager, coachinator is the youngest amongst us.

9. Scrap Heap Low Posters - team salary - 251 793 - average starters' salary - 42 323 - average backup's (6-10) salary - 6 347 - arena size - 17 523

as if this league, particularly this side of the league, needed another d2 demotee. the low posters got bounced in 2 games in their relegation series, and find themselves back in d3. and oh what a league in which to find yourself. i took out that 100k monster cuz he already has a million dollar bid on him, so he's effectively off the team. does that mean he's going to put that money toward the transfer market? well, it does if he wants to win this league. as it stands, the playoff race is EXTREMELY crowded on this side. however, just judging by the smell test, looking at their team composition, i kinda doubt it. at least not this season. gorbera is a starter that needs to be addressed sooner rather than later, and i'd put my money on that being where their money is going. a legit rounded 50k sf, bout 27 years old. just a wild guess. they're 7 deep, fairly balanced, though they lean toward the interior, and not much else to say. they could be here for a really, really long time.

Advertisement