Great 8: H O L L O W over Newark AOV, Flight over Broncos

Big 8: Irish over Bulldogs, Highlanders over Toledo

Round of 4: H O L L O W over Flight, Irish over Highlanders

Finals: Irish over H O L L O W in a close one that goes to OT

This Post:
88672.2 in reply to 88672.1
Date: 05/09/2009 02:36:13
Overall Posts Rated:
Is that how you think it will play out or how you hope it will play out? I'm just kidding, your scenario seems likely. I haven't been paying much attention to the Great 8 standings this season because I've spent most of my time hoping Irish would lose a game.

One thing about your prediction though, the finals is a best of three games series I think. I can't imagine anyone beating the Irish, or my Highlanders :-), twice in the finals.

This Post:
88672.3 in reply to 88672.2
Date: 05/09/2009 16:57:47
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't know really how it's going to play out. If my team gets in a rhythm then my whole conference can forget about trying to beat me. Highlanders vs My team would be a great final since my team lead most of the game vs you guys in my first game ever on here. I don't know what it's going to play out like since this game can be unpredictable.

This Post:
88672.4 in reply to 88672.3
Date: 05/10/2009 19:03:41
Overall Posts Rated:
I put too much into my upset of the Highlanders, losing my next game-- and with it home-court advantage, in all likelihood. Homecourt is key in the Big 8, because the Bulldogs are formidable-- they won't knock off both the Irish and the Highlanders, but they could certainly pull a first-round upset.

The Great 8 is wide open. I have to pick the Flight, only because they're the only team that has a playoff berth locked up.

The most likely scenario is Irish-Highlanders in the Big 8 title game, with the winner taking the best of three against whoever comes out of the Great 8.

This Post:
88672.5 in reply to 88672.4
Date: 05/10/2009 19:10:21
Overall Posts Rated:
Oops, didn't realize the Bulldogs were in 4th, tied with Seattle and behind Toledo. I still think Cal is the most dangerous of those three teams.

This Post:
88672.6 in reply to 88672.5
Date: 05/11/2009 15:01:15
Cal Bulldogs
III.12
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for the confidence, I could be the dark horse. It really depends upon my teams health right now, which is ugly. Two starters including my leading scorer are out of action. I had to go purchase a veteran pg to help with depth. If everybody is healthy come playoff time and I keep a playoff position I could play spoiler.

This Post:
88672.7 in reply to 88672.6
Date: 05/11/2009 20:27:41
Overall Posts Rated:
Hopefully your players heal up by playoff time. Seems like none of the playoff teams/contenders can afford to tank a game at this point, except for Philadelphia Flight; so we can't protect our players from injury.

Bulldogs had me down double digits in the first half, so yea I don't want to play Cal in the playoffs. Toledo hasn't lost much at all since he replaced a bot earlier in the season so he scares me. Seattle just beat Boston so he scares me, and Boston scares me the most for obvious reasons. Basically I wish I was in the Great 8. I think the playoffs will be very competitive in both conferences however.

This Post:
88672.8 in reply to 88672.7
Date: 05/16/2009 21:59:39
Overall Posts Rated:
The Flight catch a break, as tonight's loss knocks Hollow (the only other Great 8 team with a positive point differential) out of the playoffs. With the other three playoff teams apparently on auto-pilot, the Flight path (ha ha) to the finals seems clear.

No change in the Big 8 picture tonight. The only suspense was in the 3/4 seeding, where Cal and Toledo were close in point differential. But, unsurprisingly, Cal (which already had the inside track) blew out the new guy, then Toledo made the whole point moot by losing to Boston. Toledo had a huge point diff edge on Seattle, so Seattle's win won't be enough to secure the #4 seed.

Boston/Cal is easily the most compelling 1st-round matchup. Cal beat Boston 88-74 on Tuesday and is 12-2 since chrisbale took the reins. Boston finished the season 19-3 but has suffered two late losses (Seattle as well as Cal) since handing UCR its only loss of the year. I'm as curious as anyone which Boston team will show up on Tuesday.

UCR and Philly are big first-round favorites. Indiana-Newark might be interesting, if anyone cared-- both teams' owners have been idle for over a month.

Last edited by aquaman at 05/16/2009 22:00:56