Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 03/03/2023 02:34:23
Richmond Oilers
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi BB-Mangers

Goood Day !

I have a suggestion for the next update.

Suggestion 1: HomeGrown Player Bonus
For example if a Rookie is drafted by a team and he has a Jump Shot of (Respectable - 7) as long as he is playing for the team that drafted him his JumpShot would easily be a (Strong - 8), this will be applicable to all stats of the drafted players this could incentivize teams that are playing home grown players and not always relying on transfer list and are more willing to train their players to build up their team

(Instead of the suggestion above a BB - Manager suggested this one. An increase in player experience gained for homegrown players up to age of 25, which is a much better idea than mind, will include this in the thread
“ Partly disagree with the 1st suggestion, I would modify it like this : Homegrown drafts get X 1.2 up to 1.5 experience whenever they play an official LEAGUE game till the age of 25 if possible and then the coefficient becomes 1,0 again in age 26 . (friendlies and cup games are excluded) . Experience gain is a very slow process, so the "advantage" wont be significant in lower leagues, it will become significant when the player gets to higher leagues and in the national teams. Giving extra pops in skills is just too much of an advantage, its a good idea but I would reduce it to something like +1 in two random skills, or maybe 1-2 % increased percentage in training as long as the player remains on his drafting team”)

Suggestion 2: Team Chemistry
Also a team chemistry could also be added to incentivize team to lessen transfer, a team that has more home grown players have a higher chemistry than a team that has many foreign players. While team chemistry will also be build up thru more games played and days a foreign player is in that team. A team with a higher team chemistry will perform more properly in games especially during clutch moments than those with lesser team chemistry.

Idea for this update came from the following:
I think one downside of teams replying on transfer is that throughout the BB-World team that have more money could easily be champion since they can built a team with players bought (Ex in the NBA: Miami (Lebron-Wade-Bosh), LAL (AD-Lebron) , but also a team should also win if they are built through the draft Ex in the NBA: SAS (TD-Parker-Ginobili), GSW (Curry-Thompson-Green)

I hope this will can be discussed for future update.
Thanks more power !

Last edited by Matzkie at 03/09/2023 04:46:53

Poll:  Team Chemistry and HomeGrown Players Bonus

Legit Idea, Let's Include This in the Future
Pass

This Post:
318337.3 in reply to 318337.1
Date: 03/03/2023 09:34:40
Isca Centurions
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dartmoor Pumas
There are already a lot of merchandise benefits to having homegrown players compared to bought players, I think the current balance is about right so voted against.

This Post:
318337.4 in reply to 318337.3
Date: 03/03/2023 09:40:25
BC Vikings Reborn
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
BC Vikings Reborn II
Exactly what i was thinking.

This Post:
318337.5 in reply to 318337.3
Date: 03/04/2023 08:11:33
Richmond Oilers
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
i think it doesnt count too much, as you can see in the player merchandise my top player is from a transferee player of mine and not a home growm player. https://www.buzzerbeater.com/manage/economy.aspx

This Post:
318337.7 in reply to 318337.1
Date: 03/05/2023 00:30:12
Valencia Basket Club (Taronjas)
A1
Overall Posts Rated:
The suggestion about team chemistry has some logic and is an intresting idea even if i see it difficult to implement.

About home grown player bonus i think it would be too much of a bonus.

This Post:
318337.8 in reply to 318337.1
Date: 03/05/2023 11:51:30
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
I totally agree with this suggestion. No prizes to guessing why ;)

With people worrying about teams tanking to accumulate money then "buying a championship", I think team chemistry is a good feature to minimize that, so I don't see why not. The only drawback could be that it requires a rewrite in the GE (or could it just need some minor tweaks? Idk coz I'm not a programmer. I just assume it's a lot of work).

Also, a minor performance bonus for home grown players would be great. In case anyone is wondering, monetary bonus for home grown and locals is not a lot. Out of my top 3 players (total salary of over 440k), 2 are my draftees and 1 is a local. The next 3 players have a salary of 33k, 25k, and 13k respectively, all my own draftees. I only earn 60k. Now imagine having built your team the normal way, with mixed foreigners and maybe 1 draftee who became your franchise player. How much would you earn? Not enough to move any needles really. Which is why it's easier to buy a team and win. Of course, giving boosts to draftees (tho I disagree to boost their skills by one level, maybe make it an effect like experience and game shape) won't directly stop people from tanking and buying a team. They can still tank to train then buy a team later on. But you need to invest enough in scouting (and be lucky enough) to land a HOF or ATG in the draft. You also need to invest quite a sum to build a proper training environment for your draftee, which if you do, would certainly put a dent to your finances, making it harder for you to just "buy a team and win" when your draftee hits his prime. So it makes "tanking to win" a much harder process.

This Post:
318337.9 in reply to 318337.1
Date: 03/08/2023 06:11:40
Cobra Kai
III.10
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Wu Tang Clan
Partly disagree with the 1st suggestion, I would modify it like this : Homegrown drafts get X 1.2 up to 1.5 experience whenever they play an official LEAGUE game till the age of 25 if possible and then the coefficient becomes 1,0 again in age 26 . (friendlies and cup games are excluded) . Experience gain is a very slow process, so the "advantage" wont be significant in lower leagues, it will become significant when the player gets to higher leagues and in the national teams. Giving extra pops in skills is just too much of an advantage, its a good idea but I would reduce it to something like +1 in two random skills, or maybe 1-2 % increased percentage in training as long as the player remains on his drafting team

2nd suggestion is really good, but I would make it fair for all players, chemistry gets increase regardless if a team has foreign or homegrown players. There are lots of users who dont like to spend their time on the transfer list so they buy complete/trained players 25-30 of age at a high price, we need to take care of them too. Chemistry will get a 3-5% boost and this will be applied only after 2.5 months without any transfer, every time a player buys or sells chemistry will get 0.5-1.0 % penalty for every transfer completed

This Post:
318337.10 in reply to 318337.9
Date: 03/09/2023 04:44:47
Richmond Oilers
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
much better inputs sir, thanks

This Post:
318337.11 in reply to 318337.1
Date: 04/03/2023 10:26:22
The TsiBucks
IV.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Z Fighters
A good implementation would be if players/teams could get experience on certain tactics. The more you use a tactic the better your team and players get accustomed to the tactics. But will receive a penalty if you transfer any of the players involved in the team's experience.