Change Auto Promotion factors

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 02/07/2023 07:52:53
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
I thought Team Consolidation was meant to let players play against players... But out of 5 promoted teams, we got 4 soon to be bots. I guess that is in line with the "There should be, if available, at least 4 bots per league in all cases to make sure there are at least a couple of easy wins for everyone" promise BB made /s

The problem with Team Consolidation is that it causes a lot of auto promoted teams, and these teams get promoted solely based on game record.

Last season, 3 teams from the II.4 of my country got promoted into Div I. Other than the winner, the other 2 teams are 1-2 weeks away from going bot. The team who made it to the final and took the champion to 3 games was a late joiner, hence his team racked up some losses before he took over.

Rather than promoting teams based on game record, I hope that playoff results, or even last login, are taken into account when deciding who promotes.

Teams which haven't logged in for 30 days can be out of contention for auto promotion. Of course if they win the league, they'd still get through. Priority should also be given to the finalists, then conference finalists and so on, with game record being the tie breaker. Meaning if you go 22-0 and lose in the first round of the playoffs, you'd be 5th in line to be auto promoted.

That's said it would also be great if anyone has a solution to overcome this. As much as I dislike Team Consolidation (because it brings my country more harm than good), I have a feeling it is here to stay. So might as well make the best of it.

This Post:
317981.3 in reply to 317981.2
Date: 02/08/2023 05:38:44
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes, it's true that such a thing might not affect countries with a lot of active users, and the chances of them happening to countries will more league tiers should be less. That's why I came up with something which would not harm unaffected countries, and it might potentially be more fair for them as well.

This Post:
317981.6 in reply to 317981.4
Date: 02/08/2023 11:50:06
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
That's reasonable. I came up with the PO performance thing because:
1. A bot-bound team would always have the upper hand in terms of game record against a manager who joined midseason and racked up a couple of losses, but it is the latter who will most likely be playing the game moving forward. But then, having a last login criteria should solve this issue.
2. This game rewards PO performance. As things stand now, the team that barely qualified into the PO and had the worst record of the 8 then suddenly beat everyone to win the playoffs will get the prize money, promotion, and the best draft pick of the playoff teams. It took quite some time trying to decide which side I should be on while making this post - should I continue to reward PO performance like above, or do I prevent the gap for going further.

In the end I went with what I felt was the trend because I felt that I needed to throw out more ideas so that we can cover all grounds. That said, I do agree with you that the PO performance can be detrimental to the game. I guess just having the last login criteria can pretty much solve the problems I pointed out.