BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > What is the point of free agents?

What is the point of free agents?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
298795.2 in reply to 298795.1
Date: 3/24/2019 6:21:09 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think I have this right (and hopefully someone will correct me if I’m wrong). They are players from teams that went bot. The game cycles the ones with significant value back into the mix via free agency rather than retiring them right away or letting them waste away on both teams, at ten times their weekly wage as a starting price- thus, only the ones who are actually worthwhile are usually bought.

This Post:
298795.7 in reply to 298795.6
Date: 3/31/2019 9:45:18 PM
US DAGGERS
IV.33
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
US DAGGERS II
When you look at it that way, you are correct. The problem is, hard training 3 players in single position is not a venture that is prosperous. If you are training strictly to sell, the goal would be to grab 6 semi good prospects relatively cheap and train 2 position training until you need to sell, in order to make profit. If you are hard training 3 players than it should be to anchor your team for a run up the divisions, because you won’t make money. The alternative is to find some cheaper trainees in their early 20s that all could use a couple of seasons of JS, or OD, or 1v1, just to make them valuable assets to someone else. That would be the other way to make some money training. This is just my take on using training to make money, since you mentioned that these players should be worth more.
I’ve seen so many people buy 18 y.o top trainees for 3 and 4 million, train them hard until they make the U21, and sell them for 2 million. It’s a loss, as far as money goes, but they took pride in making that player worthy of making the U21 with a possible future on the NT. So to some owners, that’s worth more than a profit. I guess it’s all in the individual and what he or she wants to do with their team, their time, and their money.

But at the same time, if you removed FA or made them too expensive, every little guy just starting out will have the exact same team as the next little guy just starting out. They wouldn’t be able to afford anyone worth having and I’m not too sure that it would help BB grow, and instead, it would make us smaller than we already seem to be getting every year. It takes a lot of patience to play this game long term, and most people now a days, just don’t have that.

Last edited by AIRFORCE1 at 3/31/2019 9:49:35 PM