BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - V.101 > Start of a New Season: Season 17 V.101

Start of a New Season: Season 17 V.101

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 08/07/2011 16:59:38
Overall Posts Rated:
First of all, I am pretty sure that no one will see this/reply since this league is 50% bot(?) however my predictions of last years season's finals were correct except for the fact of The Hob GoMLers, Down South Georgia Boys and Starck all promoting, grats btw.

Basically the only teams that I am worried about this year are the War Eagles and the Avenel Falcons, War Eagles with his inside attack and the Falcons with a balanced roster. Sorry to the other teams in this league, but those 2 teams are basically the only two I am scared of. Oh I forgot about the Erie Razors, a big upset as they beat the Falcons.

Anyways I'll just describe the following 4 teams and if any other managers want me to do an report on theirs just ask, but I'm pretty sure everyone will ignore this...The four teams are Bunny Humpers, War Eagles, Avenal Falcons, The Erie Razors.

Since I don't want to give out too much info on my team mine will be shorter than the others haha. But I made this post to just help the other managers in this league, basically I am acting as a scout.

Bunny Humpers (29938)
A decent team with a balanced offense and a balanced defense. This team has players on both the bench and starters that were acquired just to put amazing defenses. To beat this team a manager may have to stack offenses to the guards and centers. However the main offensive player for this team has been injured and is now for sale...

Top Scorer(s):
Damian Aldridge [GP:1] 17.0 ppg, 31.9 mpg, 2.0 spg
Alfredo Marco Perna [GP:3] 13.0 ppg, 34.4 mpg, 14.3 rpg
Gavino Ghinzani [GP:3] 12.0 ppg, 33.5 mpg, 5.3 apg

War Eagles (29252)
A very inside oriented team with big men including E. Bustamante and I. Gregory. Also with the addition of M. Gutierrez his outside attack may be increased so beware, do not automatically 2-3 him. T. Le is also a decent scorer for their team. http://www.buzzerbeater.com/match/36127250/boxscore.aspx in this game he almost beat me. He was able to foul out my big men pretty fast, even though they usually never foul. Bustamante however has a turnover problem and a fouling problem so keep him in the game long enough and you have a great chance of winning.

Top Scorer(s):
E. Bustamante [GP:3] 16.7 ppg, 32.5 mpg, 16.3 rpg
I. Gregory [GP:3] 13.3 ppg, 30.8 mpg, 12.3 rpg
T. Le [GP:3] 13.3 ppg, 32.5 mpg

Avenel Falcons (29629)
Even though the manager uses a LI offense, if he used a RNG or Motion he would do pretty well as well, however he likes to LI. One glance at his roster, may be very misleading as he does not have any salary monsters, however looking at his ratings it looks like he has a pretty nice defense for both outside and inside. Pretty similar to the Bunny Humpers except for a steady offense. Lucky for us his offensive go to man E. High was injured for 1 week ^^ haha~. To bad its not 3 weeks ohwells. Not much about this team, since I never got to play with him yet. However one way that could help you beat him is by increasing the TO's that he makes. If the ball cannot go to his big men, his game is over.

Top Scorer(s):
D. Corbett [GP:3] 15.7 ppg, 28.7 mpg, 5.3 apg
B. Gunn [GP:3] 14.0 ppg, 38 mpg, 11.3 rpg
E. High [GP:3] 9.3 ppg, 26.7 mpg, 3.3 tpg

The Erie Razors (29625)
Even though his ratings are low, and he uses BO and M2M always, his inside defense is pretty high along with his big men, I suggest using an outside attack. Not much to say about him but watch out for G. Latviunas as his season debut he scored 24 points on 8-11 shooting. He has been quiet so far but you never know.

Top Scorer(s):
G. Latviunas [GP:3] 15.0 ppg, 35.5 mpg, 13.7 rpg
F. Padilla [GP:3] 12.0 ppg, 37.7 mpg, 5.3 rpg
B. Haney [GP:3] 10.7 ppg, 32.0 mpg, 13.7 rpg

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\///////////////////////////////////////////

That is it for now, as the season progresses all these teams will change and new teams will appear.

Last edited by Lemony at 08/07/2011 17:00:23

This Post:
193588.2 in reply to 193588.1
Date: 08/24/2011 22:55:11
Overall Posts Rated:
Kittanning Tornadoes (31869)
Finally after being "quiet" in our league, Tank1 comes back with 200k+ buying of a new player and a huge arena expansion. Watch out for this team, as the manager finally went back to using Look Inside after being gone for at least one season. His bigs are very good and this will be very bad for the Bunny Humpers as their rival came back from the dead. This team will probably use Look Inside most of the time with his new aquired big http://www.buzzerbeater.com/player/12189361/overview.aspx and his new pg that will probably help with assists/outside shooting. Their best player however, in points btw, is Rafael Fania who is a big part of their offense. He was the top leader in ppg before and Rich McNeill who has been a good scorer for the past 6-8 games.

Top Scorer(s):
R. Fania [GP:9] 24.3 ppg, 37.6 mpg, 7.6 rpg, Shooting 0.542% per game and 0.552% from downtown
R. McNeill [GP:9] 18.2 ppg, 35.3 mpg, 12.4 rpg
-More Players Later-

Last edited by Lemony at 08/28/2011 21:05:04

This Post:
193588.3 in reply to 193588.2
Date: 08/25/2011 00:27:47
Overall Posts Rated:
While the Bunny Humpers staggeringly amazing defense will be tough to overcome (they lock everyone down while playing TIE), the Tornadoes hope to make a big push with their new point guard and center, as well as two young and hopefully improving forwards. We'll just have to wait and see until the next head-to-head matchup. But even if Lemony wins this year, the Tornadoes will be a force to be reckoned with next year.

To: T.M.
This Post:
193588.4 in reply to 193588.3
Date: 08/25/2011 11:03:07
Overall Posts Rated:
Omg I just saw that you bought a 20k+ Center for only 200k!!! HOW DID YOU DO THAT lol, and you must have a lot of money...anyways, competition just got way harder and a lot more fun.

This Post:
193588.5 in reply to 193588.4
Date: 08/25/2011 12:19:24
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah, well we'll see. I'm actually shocked that I was able to get him, even though he can't make a jumpshot or free throw to save his life and his rebounding isn't something special (I might be giving you some strategic information, but IDC). He should definitely upgrade my offense and defense though, so hopefully I'll be able to compete with you (and if not, I definitely expect to win the division next year). Plus my new PG is pretty okay, especially since he's still trainable.

As far as money, I spent hardly anything for a while, and I had a little over a million to spend, so I bought two more expensive players and expanded my arena, which I noticed was filling up regularly. We'll see how it goes. Good luck to you and your team!

This Post:
193588.6 in reply to 193588.5
Date: 08/26/2011 15:48:44
Overall Posts Rated:
Aren't you lucky my SF got injured for 3 weeks...well time to search for another one.

*EDIT* LOL, can't believe you're going to take my guy lol.

Last edited by Lemony at 08/28/2011 13:30:09

This Post:
193588.7 in reply to 193588.6
Date: 08/28/2011 20:34:19
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah, well first of all that's contingent on no one outbidding me at the last minute, since I'm not going to be up and on BuzzerBeater at 1:20 my time lol. It's partially for laughs, and partially b/c I'm training forwards and just bought a new PG and C, so SG was really the weak spot in my offense. He's a relatively inexpensive guard who's a decent defender and can provide some outside scoring to complement my inside-oriented offense, while also having high enough ID that he won't be a weakness in zone (should I, hypothetically, decide to play 2-3 zone against your Bunny Humpers and/or War Eagles, who run Look Inside and Low Post respectively). I can wait 3 weeks for him to heal up, b/c I don't face you before then. He's also cheap enough for me to afford, which is a big deal since I just spent just under 900k on two players and a large arena expansion (not that those weren't worth the outlay, but still, that doesn't exactly leave me with money burning holes in my pockets). There aren't really many better affordable options on the market, irony aside.

It's really a pity that the now two strongest teams are in the same conference, so we only get a one-game match, instead of a 3-game series. That's all the more disappointing b/c the game's probably going to be on your home court, since even if I beat you when we face, we'd still probably finish with the same record with the point differential going to you. Oh well. Btw, I noticed you apparently started putting forth normal effort for this past game, and I was like, "Holy Crap!" Regardless of whether or not I end up with Damian Aldridge and despite my new acquisitions, I'm gonna need a lot of help to beat you this season.

This Post:
193588.8 in reply to 193588.6
Date: 08/28/2011 21:16:38
Overall Posts Rated:
Some Updates

Bunny Humpers (29938)
A decent team with a balanced offense and a balanced defense. This team has players on both the bench and starters that were acquired just to put amazing defenses. To beat this team a manager may have to stack offenses to the guards and centers. However the main offensive player for this team has been injured and is now for sale...

Another problem for the Bunny Humpers as star that replaced J. Garrido is now injured and for sale.. The manager also did many stupid mistakes this past week like buying a new 5k SG/SF for 200K+ and is now broke...

Top Scorer(s):
Will change top scorers when they have a steady team.

War Eagles (29252)
A very inside oriented team with big men including E. Bustamante and I. Gregory. Also with the addition of M. Gutierrez his outside attack may be increased so beware, do not automatically 2-3 him. T. Le is also a decent scorer for their team. http://www.buzzerbeater.com/match/36127250/boxscore.aspx in this game he almost beat me. He was able to foul out my big men pretty fast, even though they usually never foul. Bustamante however has a turnover problem and a fouling problem so keep him in the game long enough and you have a great chance of winning. Uses Push the Ball, 2-3 a lot, however I believe the manager discovered Low Post so watch out.

Top Scorer(s):
E. Bustamante [GP:9] 17.4 ppg, 32.9 mpg, 16.8 rpg
I. Gregory [GP:9] 17.8 ppg, 35.1 mpg, 14.4 rpg
C. Rejment [GP:2] 15.5 ppg, 30.7 mpg, 0.579% shooting
T. Le [GP:9] 12.1 ppg, 34.0 mpg

Avenel Falcons (29629)
Even though the manager uses a LI offense, if he used a RNG or Motion he would do pretty well as well, however he likes to LI. One glance at his roster, may be very misleading as he does not have any salary monsters, however looking at his ratings it looks like he has a pretty nice defense for both outside and inside. Pretty similar to the Bunny Humpers except for a steady offense. Lucky for us his offensive go to man E. High was injured for 1 week ^^ haha~. To bad its not 3 weeks ohwells. Not much about this team, since I never got to play with him yet. However one way that could help you beat him is by increasing the TO's that he makes. If the ball cannot go to his big men, his game is over.\

A very disappointing prediction on my part, looks like a very easy push over team that just bought some players to distinguish his team to bots, he lost to a bot team in CUP so yeah..Probably won't update his anymore. I'm tired btw.

Top Scorer(s):
D. Corbett [GP:3] 15.7 ppg, 28.7 mpg, 5.3 apg
B. Gunn [GP:3] 14.0 ppg, 38 mpg, 11.3 rpg
E. High [GP:3] 9.3 ppg, 26.7 mpg, 3.3 tpg

The Erie Razors (29625)
Even though his ratings are low, and he uses BO and M2M always, his inside defense is pretty high along with his big men, I suggest using an outside attack. Not much to say about him but watch out for G. Latviunas as his season debut he scored 24 points on 8-11 shooting. He has been quiet so far but you never know.

Still surprising me after giving War Eagles and Kitan

Top Scorer(s):
G. Latviunas [GP:3] 15.0 ppg, 35.5 mpg, 13.7 rpg
F. Padilla [GP:3] 12.0 ppg, 37.7 mpg, 5.3 rpg
B. Haney [GP:3] 10.7 ppg, 32.0 mpg, 13.7 rpg

This Post:
193588.9 in reply to 193588.8
Date: 08/28/2011 21:24:51
Overall Posts Rated:
Power Rankings
I will be only do non-bots lol..

Not trying to say that I am the best, but as the season is now..it does look like it.

1. Bunny Humpers (9-0)
- Not a really tough decision, no other team has yet to scare this team, but we will see how tough this team really is after his game with War Eagles, which is coming up.
2. Kittanning Tornadoes (8-1)
- Even though War Eagles has a better record because of the recent add-ons this team may be one team that will stop the Bunny Humpers. But we will see who is truly the better team as the Kittanning Tornadoes and the War Eagles match up on Tuesday 8/30.
3. War Eagles (9-0)
- With a higher record, but a lower spot, hopefully the manager does not hate me, but hopefully he can prove me wrong on Tuesday.
4. The Erie Razors (7-2)
- Beat the Avenel Falcons early in the season, but I believe this team belongs at the #4 spot, very steady team, might surprise you.
5. Avenel Falcons (7-2)
- After starting off 4-0, lost to better teams such as the War Eagles and The Erie Razors and should be in this spot.
6. Green Mambas (4-5)
- Even though lil kings has a better record, this spot belongs to them, even though they lost to the lil kings, I believe that was a fluke, however they could prove me wrong..
7. lil kings (5-4)
- A good non-bot team, can compete with Green Mambas so we will see.

Last edited by Lemony at 08/28/2011 21:25:49

This Post:
193588.10 in reply to 193588.7
Date: 08/28/2011 21:28:01
Overall Posts Rated:
That normal was for the cup game and I am kinda busy training Cliff Pringle, so if my minutes for him go wrong, and it just happens to be the week where I play you again, some things might go bad for me.

This Post:
193588.11 in reply to 193588.10
Date: 08/28/2011 21:57:47
Overall Posts Rated:
No, the game against Chicago Taurus. It seems improbable to believe that anything other than a change from Take it Easy to Normal would cause your ratings to change from mediocre (medium) inside scoring, mediocre (high) perimeter defense, mediocre (high) inside defense, and inept (low) rebounding in your 8/23 league game against lil kings to mediocre (high) inside scoring, average (medium) perimeter defense, respectable (medium) inside defense (!), and mediocre (medium) rebounding in the 8/29 game against Chicago Taurus. And Cliff Pringle is a pretty outstanding prospect and actually my #1 choice, except you took him 10 picks before I had a chance. Are you training him with an eye for the U21 team?

I'll admit I was definitely surprised to see you pay nearly a quarter of a million for a 21yo with less than $6000 salary. I figured he had just popped several times so far this season and had higher skills than his salary indicated. It's nice to know that's probably not the case

Your rankings are pretty fair. Nobody can really argue that, as things stand now, you're the team to beat. I would personally think my team is better than War Eagles, not only because of personal bias but also because if you look at our rosters, he pretty much has only one good player with 10k+ salary in his center, who I respectfully submit my center would completely own, both offensively and especially defensively. And this reflects in team ratings, where I have awful(high)-respectable(low)-inept(low)-mediocre(medium)-inept(medium)-inept(high) to his awful(medium)-mediocre(low)-pitiful(high)-mediocre(low)-inept(medium)-inept(low) in our last league game. But he has the better record (although the Tornadoes are fixing to change that come Tuesday night), so it's definitely debatable.