BuzzerBeater Forums

Australia - IV.3 > All you teams out there

All you teams out there

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 2/14/2011 7:09:37 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey guys. I've tried to get in contact with a few of you separately through bb-mail to have a chat but posting here will probably be easier.

Week 9 of Season 15 and the big 8 conference is looking really tight with only a 50 point differential separating myself and Courtside Live with the Eaton Boomers hot on our heals. With such an exciting season being played out I'd expect there to be more chatter and excitement. I know we're only division IV but I'm still on the edge of my seat most of these games.

To get the conversations started I'll lay down a few topics for us to discuss:

Most Improved Team: In my eyes it would have to be the Eaton Boomers. After playing against them all last season I was blown away with the big changes they made to their roster which made them a top contender for this seasons title. To be perfectly honest I was a little skeptical to begin with but once again I'm proved wrong

Predictions: With Courtside Live being relegated from Division III at the start of this season it's definitely brought some tough competition back into this league and has definitely kept me on my toes. I believe the standings will not deviate too much over the duration of the season which means the Eaton Boomers will play Courtside Live in the Quarterfinals which will definitely be a match to watch. I see the Eaton Boomers prevailing by a close margin and playing me in the Conference finals which will also be a match of epic proportions. I've got money on myself to come out on top if I play my cards right, but it'll be a close match. The final match being Myself vs Mildura Rangers I believe it will be 2-0 sweep based on what I've seen this season and last from our two teams.

New players or Draftees: After coming second last season I was left with the number 15 pick for the Season 15 draft so I had no real expectations of picking up a good draftee, but low and behold I picked up a great SF that fits my training regime for this season so it's safe to say I'm chuffed

Favourite games: Although I lost this game it would have to be one of my favourites based on the excitement of playing against one of the top contenders for this season. Eaton Boomers vs Myself. I had anticipated my opposition would use the Look Inside tactic so I played 2-3 zone in hopes of messing with his offensive flow but I was torn apart in the 3rd and 4th quarter by their PF who had a stellar game. Props to my SF for attempting 51 shots Here is the game overview for those interested http://www.buzzerbeater.com/match/31396166/boxscore.aspx

So I hope you all get in on this discussion and make this epic season even more epic..er

Leeroy
Brisbane Thunder

This Post:
174683.2 in reply to 174683.1
Date: 2/15/2011 6:25:45 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Good initiative Leeroy, like your attempts at creating banter, i play battrick, a cricket management game and its always more interesting in your league if there is banter about.

Im just starting out in this league, but coming in with a 6-3 record...i think, im hoping to make an instant impact on the competition, i cant see myself going to far in finals, but i think i have some handy bballers on my team, some massive improvements at last training has helped my side

I was hoping to get something in the draft but seeing as i am up the ladder i may struggle with that it seems. From my stats at the end of each game it seems having a good scoring SF is important, would love to pick up a young gun

looking forward to beating you guys

To: GT6
This Post:
174683.3 in reply to 174683.2
Date: 2/15/2011 7:54:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
There's nothing like a bit of banter to get you pumped up for the season ahead. I've found a lot of the division IV managers come to the game and don't know how to play and end up leaving because they either can't find anyone to help them or it's not readily available. So by having chatter in the lower leagues I believe a lot more teams will stay and consequently increase Australia's team base

This Post:
174683.4 in reply to 174683.3
Date: 2/15/2011 8:09:13 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This seems pretty cool what you want to do with this forum I hope you will continue for the rest of the season.

This Post:
174683.5 in reply to 174683.4
Date: 2/15/2011 5:42:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeh its always hard to get motivated when you come into management games cos you are usually really crap and dont know how to improve, im going to give this a crack and see how it goes...having others keen on a bit of banter always helps.
How many games in a season? Im looking forward to playing in the playoffs!! Im also keen to get a bit of youth in my side!! (even tho i have a fair few teenagers already)

If anyone on here like cricket, battrick is an amazing management game, been on it for years

To: GT6
This Post:
174683.6 in reply to 174683.5
Date: 2/15/2011 6:28:00 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
There are 22 games in a season and the season duration is 11 weeks with 3 weeks dedicated to the playoffs. Also just a quick tip, I'm not sure the Buzzerbeater staff would appreciate game advertising on their website. If you have any questions mate you're more than welcome to send me a mail

This Post:
174683.7 in reply to 174683.6
Date: 2/15/2011 7:16:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
IM sure they wouldnt be fussed, as i saw this site being advertised on battrick, hence why i started it...surely means they have a good relationship, and it doesnt stop me from playing both games does it?
ahk sweet, plenty of games left in the season to see how good my side really is then. Cheers, i think ive got it pretty worked out thus far

This Post:
174683.8 in reply to 174683.7
Date: 4/18/2011 4:29:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Winner!