BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Game Ratings

Game Ratings

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 06/03/2007 02:49:20
Overall Posts Rated:
Im just opening this thread to see if someon would like to share thoughts about the relations between the game ratings of your team, the statistics of your players in the game, and the result of the game.

For example, in my game today I lost bad to a bot: New Yorkers Santa Inês 115-97 Vitoria Devils.. My team was far behind the entire game, since the beginning. And the game ratings were:

Team ratings for Vitoria Devils

Offensive Strategy: Low Post
Defensive Strategy: 2-3 Zone

Outside Scoring: average (medium)
Inside Scoring: strong (high)
Perimeter Defense: average (medium)
Inside Defense: proficient (high)
Rebounding: respectable (low)
Offensive Flow: average (medium)

Team ratings for New Yorkers Santa Inês

Offensive Strategy: Base Offense
Defensive Strategy: Man to Man

Outside Scoring: average (low)
Inside Scoring: respectable (medium)
Perimeter Defense: proficient (low)
Inside Defense: respectable (high)
Rebounding: average (high)
Offensive Flow: mediocre (high)

So, my Permiter Def was higher then their Outside Scoring, my Inside Def was higher then their Inside Scoring. And still they shot 61.4% and scored 115 points. I played Low post, and my Inside Scoring was higher then their Inside Defense. My Rebounding rating was also higher, and they somehow got 49 rebounds against my 33.

So by the ratings there was no way I could lose, but the game statistcs of the players and the final result show something different... I don't know if there is something that I am still missing or if in this game the other team was just more lucky...

This Post:
173.2 in reply to 173.1
Date: 06/03/2007 04:23:54
Overall Posts Rated:
Playing Low Post didn't help you. Low Post decreases the pace of the game allowing bad teams to stay in the game. I think Look Inside is a better option then Low Post unless you are the inferior team. Even then I would go with Look Inside. I would have also played Man to Man defense since it was a bot team and you can expect them to use the base offense. Just my thoughts...

This Post:
173.3 in reply to 173.2
Date: 06/03/2007 05:00:34
Overall Posts Rated:
The bots use base offense but they are still weaker in outside scoring then inside scoring (as most of the begginer's teams), that's why I used 2-3 Defense.. And apparentley should have worked, since like that my defense was better then their offense in both sectors. About the Low Post/ Look Inside, I will think more about this, but I don't classify my team as "good", so I don't know if Increasing the pace would be good.. I also don't know if my team is, for example, better then this bot, since I lost so bad...

This Post:
173.4 in reply to 173.3
Date: 06/03/2007 05:26:38
Overall Posts Rated:
Another thing that I was thinking is that maybe the home/away factor (that was recently increased) might have affected the result. But shouldn't that be reflected on the ratings also?

This Post:
173.6 in reply to 173.5
Date: 07/08/2007 04:51:09
Overall Posts Rated:
What does the Coaching Rating stand for?