Utopia - II.4 > Season 49

Season 49

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
304059.4 in reply to 304059.2
Date: 04/12/2020 08:05:35
Overall Posts Rated:
If these considerations make sense, it means that match up ratings and teams evaluations are completely useless!
-My players had a better match up rating (all of them!)
-Your attack evaluations were covered by my defense at least by 2 levels (and you scored 99 points???)
It seems that the evaluations given by the game engine are totally wrong and not aligned with the match real life.. And probably it is!

This Post:
304059.5 in reply to 304059.4
Date: 04/12/2020 14:23:30
Fab Five
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Fabulous Five
1. Match up rating:
I made 24 of my 35 shots from center, at a very good 123.5 points per shot. You made 149 points per shot from center, which is even better, but only made 10 of your 34 shots from there. That's 64 vs. 25 points.

Your whole team points per shot: 125 (72 shots)
My whole team points per shot: 122.5 (80 shots)
But I also took 8 more shots overall, so it makes sense my percentage is lower and that I ended up scoring more points.

From the rules, The game engine:
For games played during season 3 and later, we have replaced this with the more comprehensive matchup ratings. The matchup rating represents the number of points that players at a given position would have scored, on average, if they were to take 100 shots. A higher number is indicative of better scoring opportunities at that position over the course of the game, and of course you should try to take full advantage of your strength when selecting your tactics. Since tactics can be very complicated, you should ask your fellow players in the Forums what they have learned, because they can tell you a lot more from their own experience than we can in a brief description of the engine. Good luck!

2. Team ratings:
Team ratings are an indication of your team performance. They are also influenced by the tactics, overtime, etc. and I don't usually give them much thought. BUT when there are players swap from offence to defence they can be useless to determine the level of the team because I had outside players attacking inside and the opposite.

From the rules:
Your team also receives several ratings per match. These team ratings are used in the calculation of what happens each possession. Here is a synopsis:

Outside Scoring, Defense: Both guards weighted heavily, small forward medium, power forward slightly.

Inside Scoring, Defense: Center weighted heavily, power forward somewhat heavily, small forward medium.

Rebounding: Center and power forward weighted heavily, small forward somewhat heavily, both guards medium.

Offensive Flow (how well the offense produces assists, avoids turnovers): point guard weighted very heavily, shooting guard weighted medium, small forward weighted medium.

This Post:
304059.6 in reply to 304059.4
Date: 04/13/2020 02:28:04
Cassoulet Forever
IV.32
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Les salauds gentilshommes
Hello there :)

I think there are mostly two reasons that can explain this painfull defeat.

- Like Fab Five says your center OD is a big weakness and to put him on the TL before this game was not the better think to do (if you dont prepare for patience). Sometimes patience act like a cheat :).

- BB's game engine always has a random side, so ou can loose a game that you would have won 8 or 9 times /10.

Good luck for both of you, i suspect there will be a rematch during the playoffs (y)

This Post:
304059.9 in reply to 304059.8
Date: 05/30/2020 18:18:51
Fab Five
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Fabulous Five
This game is a shame.

Fabulous Five just stole the championship injuring my best player whereas I was winning by far and with a better team spirit for sunday. Such an undeserved win, shame, shame, shame.
You're a disgrace.

You are welcome. :D
I hope you find useful your better enthusiasm in tomorrow's match.

Maybe, only maybe, you could have done things a bit better. Using another strategy, making predictions, or who knows, spending that enthusiasm that's useless now.
I like your team. You are achieving very good results with it. I look forward to seeing you next season in Utopia Heaven.

PD: You can also congratulate me for promoting to the First League with my main team. (party)

This Post:
304059.11 in reply to 304059.10
Date: 05/30/2020 19:09:35
Fab Five
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Fabulous Five
I thought I was way ahead for this game and I was right, until you got lucky and injured my best player. Obviously I couldn't do anything without him for one half. You can brag now, your team is mediocre and you will come back next season. Spanish people are so proud of themselves even when they steal games.

Well, I just see I am two predictions up, know how the game engine works and I am not surprised by the outcome of the game. In the second-to-last game of the regular season with my main team, my best player also got injured while two predictions down and I lost. I am pretty sure your player wouldn't be injured if you made 1 prediction right or if I failed my predictions. The game engine has a few ways to justify your lost and an injury is one of them. The two weeks of injury is just bad luck.

You could also have a good back up, but you chose to have a short roster, making the injury a big problem. It's very easy to blame others for our shortcomings and it seems it's even more difficult to congratulate others on their success.
I guess you should be very worried now after losing against a mediocre team.
You mistake proud with giving your comments what they deserve.
And please, don't mix your argument with a nationality generalisation because they are all wrong.

This Post:
304059.12 in reply to 304059.11
Date: 05/31/2020 02:02:59
La Ribera B.C.
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
La Ribera Oilers

Congratulations Fab!!!
Eres jodidamente bueno a esto.

Good luck for next season.

This Post:
304059.13 in reply to 304059.11
Date: 05/31/2020 03:05:17
yeahh
ACBB
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Yeahh II
Enhorabuena Fab, has sido el más regular y tienes el mejor equipo de todos. A dar guerra por arriba y esperanos a ver si tatamka o yo subimos... mucho vas a tener que esperar

Last edited by t_mag at 05/31/2020 03:07:23

Advertisement