BuzzerBeater Forums

BB België > [U21] S48

[U21] S48

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 11/29/2019 13:11:30
Overall Posts Rated:
After a few busy weeks for our staff, most of the work has been done in the run-up to the new campaign.
The U21 team is as composed as it is and on Monday our first European match is already on the program. Last week we had a scrimmage against our senior NT, which was pretty cool. It resulted of course in a big loss for the U21.

About the new European championship, we are in group F together with some strong teams:

(trophy) Game 1 vs Sakartvelo (Georgia)

They have 3 interesting players, but we should take this one in order to kick our campaign off with a good start.

(trophy) Game 2 vs Scotland

They seem very weak right now, but idk if his best players will join later on. But based on its current team we can start with a 2-0

(trophy) Game 3 vs Norway

We beat Norway in the last European championship. Their team looks more or less the same in quality. Maybe they were a little stronger then. It's not going to be an easy game, but here too we can make a profit.

(trophy) Game 4 vs Crna Gora (Montenegro)

2 interesting players, but not balanced enough to provide us from winning. Hopefully this one will be a victory too.

(trophy) Game 5 vs Russia

Number 10 on the world ranking and better than our squad. Normally this one will result in a loss.

(trophy) Game 6 vs Turkey

Number 12 on the world rank, some high quality players (based on salary) but less quantity than Russia. We shouldn't pretend we're going to waltz over them. Another logical loss.

(trophy) Game 7 vs Lietuva

Also like our roster, the Lithuanian team has not yet been assembled. I think this one will be a nice finish of this campaign. Finishing 3th would be awesome and especially an improvement on the previous championship (where we finished 4th).

The ambition is to finish 3th, this already will be hard but not impossible. It depends on the last game against Lietuva. Finishing 2nd is way out of our league. But again, the shape of the players will be crucial. Although I've seen our new generation after todays training and I have full confidence about it. Hopefully you guys (just like me) are looking forward to the new season!

This Post:
302361.2 in reply to 302361.1
Date: 11/29/2019 13:20:05
Kriflonius
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
I'll be keeping a close eye to the results.
Best of luck!

This Post:
302361.3 in reply to 302361.2
Date: 12/21/2019 09:20:19
Overall Posts Rated:
We're off to a good start with 3 wins! Of course, these were foreseen.
The shapes of the players are not ideal now, but hopefully we can celebrate a 4th victory in a row.

Also: Sunday night I leave on a trip abroad. This will make it a bit difficult to log in every day, but the possibilities are there to connect to BB :-B :-B :-B :D

I will be available again on Thursday 2 January.

That being said, I would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your families, a happy and healthy holiday season and the all the best in the New Year!

(party) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTtc2pM1boE (party)

Last edited by Splash_Brother at 12/21/2019 09:22:13

This Post:
302361.4 in reply to 302361.1
Date: 01/15/2020 02:57:08
Overall Posts Rated:
Monday was the last game in our campaign.
With a 93-81 win over Lietuva we managed to finish 3rd and get back in the top 30 in the world rankings (29).

Personally, I think I've certainly evolved positively. First and foremost, we're not a team that has to adapt to its opponent, but simply has to rely on its own strength. It almost gave us a surprising victory against Russia. Without the GDP it might have happened. We will never know, but I have learned a lot from it.

About the GS, our backcourt had a good GS for the entire campaign. This was less the case with our bigs. On the last matchday I even had to select another C which is currently on the TL for way too much money. The owner clearly wants to make money out of it. But Karlo helped us all very well.

All together I must say a successful campaign!

I'm not gonna change too much in our selection yet. There are still a few friendly matches ahead of us and I would certainly like to win them to keep our coefficient high. There will also be a look at the player group for next season and hopefully it can be as successful as our senior NT (good job Joe).

See you in the next few weeks!

Warrior

This Post:
302361.5 in reply to 302361.4
Date: 01/15/2020 12:41:26
Kelmis Spartans
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Eupen Scythe
Goob job, this was a nice run.

This Post:
302361.6 in reply to 302361.4
Date: 01/27/2020 02:18:29
Overall Posts Rated:
Tonight we play our Northern neighbours in a 'duel der lage landen'.

I've already selected some youngsters from the GGP. My main purpose is to give them the most xp as possible to prepare them for possible senior NT selection.