Season 47, setting the table for the future

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 08/18/2019 19:05:31
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Last season was a lot of fun, and a smashing success at least until the final moments of the final.

But the past is past, now time to look to the future. We have several good players coming back in the likes of Mbata, Pöll, Toyana and Manzini. The real future though lies in our youth, you will be hearing a lot about guys like Dunker, Hayden, Mini, Matamelaa, and Nkosi. There will be some lumps we will take this season as these guys get lots of on the job training. And I think there is a lot of quality training they will get, I think our senior team is about to get a influx of wisdom by the incoming regime. Those Spaniards know a little something about building winners, and I think they can help us in time to rely step up our game. I look forward to what the future will bring. First a few friendlies, starting off with a interesting matchup against Czechoslovakia.

Last edited by Coach Lambini at 08/18/2019 19:08:57

This Post:
301030.2 in reply to 301030.1
Date: 08/20/2019 10:28:33
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
SPRINGBOKS HELD IN "CZECH" 78-62

Toto we're not in Kansas anymore. Much less Pretoria, Capetown or Johannesburg. On their first trek outside the continent the Springboks fell 78-62 to a rugged group of Czechoslovakians in a game marred by several injuries and rough and ragged play. Fabian Pöll did put in a solid 20 point 17 rebound effort but overall the baby Boks struggled all evening. "I guess the honeymoon is over. I told the guys that this is going to be a learning experience. Tonight was a little taste of what I was talking about. We are going to get better though. I have great confidence in our managers to mold some of the raw pieces the Academies produced and in time these players will round into form. But it's going to take time to translate out on the court." When asked about the upcoming senior team elections Coach Lambini said, "I will seek to increase my involvement in collaborating with whomever is the NT manager. But I have made it clear who's administration I hope to see take the reins. Yet it still will come down to what the various managers can accomplish on the club level with these teams. What the RSA needs is more managers to join the fray. The Marin Trust provides anyone in the world the ability to plant the seeds to be part of this wonderful sporting community from anywhere in the world. And there is a great group of managers from every corner of the globe who will help a new franchise gain their bearings. Numbers are what is needed, the continent as a whole is barren but we have the most managers of any African country, and it would not take much to get this country out of the handicap of being stuck in micronation status and to have full atonomy and to have a in country league pyramid re-established. If we can do that the possibilities that exist for being self sufficient and for building our national programs on a world stage is limitless. So my Clarion call goes out to those who showed the passion for what we did last season. Recruit new owners, let us collectively improve our lot"

Message deleted
This Post:
301030.4 in reply to 301030.3
Date: 08/20/2019 15:11:09
Overall Posts Rated:
Keep it in perspective that it's just a 'friendly', Baby Boks. The rankings tell one story (#27 drops to #62) but the lessons learned you'll be able to apply when the game really counts. You also gave up the HCA so considering it wasn't a bad effort.

Maybe go for neutral site on the next one. Keep your head up for Worlds. Africa represent!

Last edited by Mixx at 08/20/2019 15:14:04

This Post:
301030.5 in reply to 301030.4
Date: 08/25/2019 16:17:08
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
The die I cast towards building towards the future with the fine potential talent in the 18-19's. But while we are waiting for this bunch to mature it will be fun to watch them come along. This week is a friendly against our old pals Egypt as scrimmage partners currently are kinda hard to find . Actually those guys really do provide a blueprint on where I want to see us go, I thought they were really good last season but they are light years ahead this!

This Post:
301030.6 in reply to 301030.5
Date: 08/26/2019 18:38:01
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
SPRINGBOKS UNEXPECTEDLY UPSET EGYPT 85-63

Sometimes you never can tell! Heavy underdog RSA used double double performances from Jabulani Manzini and Fabian Pöll to pace a 85-63 triumph over Egypt in front of Egypt team manager pirotrek90s home crowd. " You know, I totally did not expect this when looking at the game film" said Coach Lambini. "But sometimes it just works out that way. O course it's just a friendly, but wins on any sort of international stage are big wins, especially when it involves the team that you seek to emulate. And this season I will take wins where ever I can find them, then again this season is less about results and more about gaining experience for the future. Though I will applauded the efforts of those here in the present"

This Post:
301030.7 in reply to 301030.6
Date: 08/27/2019 17:34:12
Overall Posts Rated:
Forever nice to be the lineal Afrobasket champ, Baby Boks.

How about a friendly vs. a top 10? The US21 has been inactive. Perhaps a trip to Murican soil for an old fashioned Stick 'Em is in order.

This Post:
301030.8 in reply to 301030.7
Date: 09/05/2019 13:07:10
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
SPRINGBOKS SHINE EARLY, FADE LATE, FALL 119-108

Fabian Pöll turned in a fine 34 point 14 rebound effort to pace five Springboks in double figures. But in the end talent won out as a much stronger Bosnian club turned a early 18 point deficit into a solid 119-108 victory. "We did some really nice things early on, but Bosnia was relentless and in the second half we just got overwhelmed." The Boks did all they could to stay in the contest including wiping out a 12 point deficit in the fourth to even take the lead on a couple of occasions in the final period. Alas their opponent just had more weapons. "This was another great baptism by fire, but now the real work starts. But this season is as I said before, less about wins and losses and more about building for the future" coach Lambini mused. Next up for the Baby Boks is a world cup opener against defending champ and top ranked Italy, "We better not just pack a lunch, but breakfast, dinner and snacks,"

This Post:
301030.9 in reply to 301030.8
Date: 09/11/2019 08:30:23
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
SPRINGBOKS SMOTHERED BY ITALY 129-78

Mbata squeezed out a 43 point effort and Pöll saw some limited success scoring in double figures but thrvrest of the squad was stymied as Italy manhandled the RSA in all facet's cruising to a 129-78 win in the world cup opener. "Not having Toyana to run the point did hurt, but really what can you expect against the top ranked team in the world" Coach Lambini mused. "It is what it is, you put in behind you and you look ahead." Next up another tussel with Bosnia.

This Post:
301030.10 in reply to 301030.9
Date: 09/13/2019 23:58:07
Overall Posts Rated:
Do you think we can get one win in the WC?

This Post:
301030.11 in reply to 301030.10
Date: 09/14/2019 07:14:59
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
It's going to be tough to take down anyone in our group. But I figured that going in and as Mixx put it to me, it's a group of death. Our best shot is Canada, but I may have put us in a bind by not banking enthusiasm against Italy, or at least that is what USA nt manager Khenry thinks.

Losing Toyana for two weeks has not helped. What concerns me more is where we are headed for the future. There are several players with extremely high potential but between being stuck with absent managers (mini) and training that conventional wisdom shows to be inefficient it's going to leave a lot on the table. There are bright spots (Toyana, Pöll, Mbata) , guys who are starting to show real signs of progress (Manzini,makeba, Dunker) but we also have players who are languishing. What is needed is resources (level 4 or better trainer and YT) infrastructure (at least a level 1 gym) and a commitment in that first season to the not so glorious 1on1 F training regime. Thing is though is, that process works! Why do you think Egypt has a team like they have?