BuzzerBeater Forums

BB England > National Team Debate Thread

National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
300619.2 in reply to 300619.1
Date: 08/14/2019 20:12:19
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
I made this remark two seasons ago.

I find myself in the unusual position of being in general agreement with Lemon. I would add to his comments that the community should be able to speak freely to their NT manager, that person should be responsible to them and that I believe makes the relationship incompatible with the position of GM. I certainly would not be comfortable conversing on the forum with a GM in those circumstances.

I still feel that way.

The last election ended in a tie. Yet only one of those candidates has had a chance to manage our NT. Am I the only person who finds that unfair?

I've no idea if Music Chick wants to stand or indeed if she's looking elsewhere. However I felt the most fair option when the last election resulted in a TIE would have been an arrangement where the so called winner had the team for two seasons and then stepped aside so the runner up could then take the job she received an equal number of votes for. Certainly had I won an election in that manner, thats what I would have thought was fair. Though I have to say, had it been me who'd won an election that way I wouldn't have wanted the job.

This Post:
300619.5 in reply to 300619.4
Date: 08/15/2019 06:37:00
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
Now you can honestly say that your remark was not acceptable.

You can say what you like. I wouldn't call anything I said unacceptable and would be fine saying the whole thing again. But its not the first time I've disagreed with a GM over what's acceptable.

Strange, you can easily remember the Golden Goal rule in extra times. This is a rule I don’t like. But when you play a game, you have to obey the rules. This was not my choice, this is the rule.

Yes you have to obey the rules. Strange that I don't remember saying you didn't.

Now I cancel my registration.

Very quickly, after I only repeated a point I made last time you stood. Not sure you really wanted to stay on at all, which is what I felt when you demanded 80% approval.

This Post:
300619.6 in reply to 300619.5
Date: 08/15/2019 08:29:11
Porzigod
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
I appreciate that you speak freely. However you have antagonized a guy who had been doing really good job.

Going back to joined position of GM and NT coach... well as BB is a game it will be always more that this for some people, people who play with passion, studying this game, create all the trends, changes.

Do we have someone like this in our community ? Please do not tell me that Boris is man for a job

Bora thank you for all the effort that you have put during the time that you have been leading England national team.

P.s You would have my vote and you will have one if you decide to come back and try to run for re-election.

Peace.

This Post:
300619.7 in reply to 300619.6
Date: 08/15/2019 10:16:02
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
I appreciate that you speak freely. However you have antagonized a guy who had been doing really good job.

Thanks for your comment. I appreciate you and others have a point of view that doesn't have to be the same as mine. In my defence I'd say that anyone with 80% approval who feels the need to remove himself for one comment isn't here because he cares about the community.

To: Bora
This Post:
300619.11 in reply to 300619.10
Date: 08/15/2019 10:58:15
Overall Posts Rated:
I think you should run for an election and community will decide whats what. You would have my vote.