BB Philippines > U21 Asia championship

U21 Asia championship

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 07/02/2019 05:14:03
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello friends,

First of all let me apologize for being so late in my forum presence but on Friday my second daughter was born, so you can imagine how busy I was in the last weeks 😂
But that didn't forbid me to put my effort for an amazing first round by Philippines in this Asia championship.
We nearly destroyed everyone, including Australia yesterday. Their coach whitewind decided to put more effort maybe to avoid a second round with Taiwan, but our team came out with a well deserved victory thanks to our mvp James Tobes and to a great all around performance by pahang and visto. Despite a bad shooting night, lusabia was able to give us the momentum in the 4th, with three straight buckets.
Second stage will immediately give us Malaysia and Taiwan, with the home court advantage for Taiwan setting up another level of competition. Our team is really strong and gifted, but Taiwan ratings actually seem to be too much for everyone.
Our main goal is to reach the final again, so let's keep it up and please keep minutes in good range now that shape will be even more critical. 😊

Thanks a lot to everyone!

This Post:
300164.2 in reply to 300164.1
Date: 07/02/2019 20:46:57
O-Beshimi
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
In my opinion, I would never waste enthusiasm on the first round when I know the second round is back to 0. Getting the gold is always the best goal. Getting a silver or making it to the finals is not bad as well. The important thing here is to get to the Worlds and compete next season. By the way how is next seasons team looking so far? Maybe you can update us a bit on what positions need to be strengthened so Managers can adjust some of their training plans.

Congratulations on adding a daughter to your family. Lets just do our best this season and hope luck is on our side.

Last edited by Ob1 at 07/02/2019 20:47:19

This Post:
300164.3 in reply to 300164.2
Date: 07/09/2019 03:48:25
Overall Posts Rated:
Well let me say one thing first. Our core group is growing a lot.
If we compare the very first roster I had with all the next ones there is a constant growth in terms of skills and users involved.
Except for some help by Italian guys, we have many different managers from Philippines delivering a great job and following our advice for training.
Last addiction to our u21 is Ruben panilla, 20 years old, but I can mention ricacho and buiza too, they followed me since the very beginning of their players 18 years. And same goes for next generation. Our future u21 maybe is less talented than this one and with less potential, but this depends on luck after the draft. 😊
We are set to have outstanding small forwards in sebidos and hosillos, we have current u21 panilla, we have some big men...
Actually we lack a bit in terms of depth. But it is something we are working on and we can hope to have good 19yo becoming 20yo to integrate our roster.

That said, yesterday another huge victory against Malaysia, we are set to follow Taiwan in our road to semifinals. Next week Match against them can be a good chance to make a comparison between our teams. But home court makes a lot of difference clearly.
Lusabia earned another mvp achievement, but generally speaking we had great effort from octaviano and tobes as usual. Honorable mention for our Mente, who produced Reb and assist on a good basis being less involved in offense. What I do like much about this Team is that we have clearly defined roles. And I am seeing lots of discipline from the players, everything is going as expected in our pre game review and that means we built up a good team at least in terms of players integration.
Now Taiwan, being realistic it would be hard to sneak a win, but maybe we can have a measure on how far we are.

This Post:
300164.4 in reply to 300164.3
Date: 08/01/2019 03:43:29
O-Beshimi
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Best of luck coach in the Semis, one last game against Iran. Any chance we get HK in the draw?

This Post:
300164.5 in reply to 300164.4
Date: 08/01/2019 04:11:19
Overall Posts Rated:
Unfortunately not. Taiwan will win the last one and hkg will finish second. It was a pity because last week's match should have been an Hong Kong win considering the effort.
China somehow managed to close the gap in the last minute going up in the final seconds. That was unlucky 😂

This Post:
300164.6 in reply to 300164.5
Date: 08/05/2019 10:55:28
Overall Posts Rated:
Ok we can celebrate the third medal in a row in Asian competition. It was already in the books but now it is official.
Semifinal vs China will be as usual Dave vs Goliath. We will try our best to succeed and to clinch the second straight final, a great achievement for Philippines.

Please train game shape, we will need our players at the best shape possible!

This Post:
300164.7 in reply to 300164.6
Date: 08/07/2019 09:24:01
Jeorgians
PPL
Overall Posts Rated:
Congrats coach! Excellence as always! :)

This Post:
300164.8 in reply to 300164.7
Date: 08/09/2019 13:41:56
Overall Posts Rated:
We defeated China again! We did it guys!
Don't know how many of you heard my vocal message to the group on Facebook but I just said this was one of my best win in all my history here.
Back to back finals for Philippines, this means world championship pass for the second straight season.
Today's match was brilliant on many aspects, my tactic worked perfect and I will make a resume after Taiwan on Monday.
Last time they said it was home court, this time they will say China used less effort (and to be honest with this shape in case of same effort we probably would have lost).
But the true reality is that in three seasons we achieved a bronze, a gold and now most likely a silver.
I am so proud and I have to thank all of you too for the effort you made to create the players I asked for.
Octaviano was a beast, pahang and tobes did it great, but I would like to spend some words for buiza, who played at shooting guard despite being a big man. His manager followed me from the very beginning, creating buiza at my command, and despite low shape I am happy to say that buiza did contribute to reach the final allowing me to use this strange lineup to pair Chinese inside towers 😊

This Post:
300164.10 in reply to 300164.8
Date: 08/09/2019 19:38:39
Jeorgians
PPL
Overall Posts Rated:
Congrats coach ndr! That was really a game for the books! Congrats Pilipinas! 😊

This Post:
300164.11 in reply to 300164.8
Date: 08/10/2019 07:48:09
O-Beshimi
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Next season will be the Worlds and best of luck in the finals. I hope next seasons team will be enough to compete with the best u21 teams. Proud to have you lead our team. Your record speaks volumes for the dedication you put in managing our team. The journey to be relevant again is just as important as the result. Go Pinas!