U21 World Championships

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 02/17/2019 04:07:04
O-Beshimi
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
World Championships: 12 teams qualify for the World Championships, and are drawn into two first-round groups of six. Each group will consist of two continental champions, two continental runners-up (the preceding four teams will all be from different confederations), and two Second Chance Qualifiers (with no regard to confederation). Each group plays a single round robin from Week 4 until Week 8. The top four teams advance to the final group, with the three results against other top-four teams from the first-round groups carrying forward. The 2nd Round is played from Week 9 until Week 12. The top four teams advance to semifinals during Week 13, with the 4th-placed team playing the 1st-placed team and the 3rd-placed team playing the 2nd-placed team. The finals are played Week 14. The winning team will be the World Champions of BuzzerBeater for the next two seasons!

It is very rare that we have a chance to compete for the Worlds. In truth, we have failed much more than we have succeeded. I don't want to waste this opportunity we have. If the owners can buy a sports psychologist for an additional boost in game shape please do so. We need every player at peak condition while we continue training to be better. I am glad that we have an experienced coach guiding us as we battle the best teams in the world. Lets make this happen guys!

To: Ob1
This Post:
298537.2 in reply to 298537.1
Date: 02/17/2019 10:53:41
Jeorgians
PPL
Overall Posts Rated:
Lets do this! 🇵🇭

This Post:
298537.3 in reply to 298537.1
Date: 02/17/2019 12:47:29
Overall Posts Rated:
I would say that before thinking to hire staff we need a better minute management. 😂
Too many players over 90 minutes, which means sure drop in shape.
So please hire staff but be careful with your players.
We are doing scrimmages against teams in the world championship too, we played Egypt then we faced a good team like Peru who has similar players to ours, and tomorrow we raise again the bar with our usual friendly vs Italy.
Italy and China look heavy candidates to win the big prize. Our team is at the opposite than last season. Last season we had two amazing players for u21 level like fornoles and gavadan, surrounded by a group of middle level players well sorted around our stars.
This season we have many more good players but noone is as great as gavadan or fornoles. So it will be a bit strange after a season like the previous one, in which we claimed the gold, to adapt our style to a well rounded team 😊
These friendlies are giving us info we hope to use in the competition. We need to have a bit of luck in the draw, it's true we will avoid China but potentially we can have USA Italy and from the repechage France or Germany who are clearly at a higher level than ours.
So we need to sneak a bit to get to the second round which is my personal goal 😉
Step by step and let's see 😂

This Post:
298537.5 in reply to 298537.3
Date: 02/17/2019 23:45:02
O-Beshimi
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Gameshape is not an exact science in buzzerbeater but atrocious to awful the stamina generally 55-60 minutes, inept to average 60-65, respectable to prominent maybe not more than 65-75mins. Dont know if these figures are agreeable to you this are just my observations from being a vet and lurking in the forums for all these years. Going over 75 mins in a week is dangerous for a GS drop. There also some managers who believe that minutes are cumulative week per week but I disagree with that thinking because when you buy a player from the transfer list you can get him back in good game shape in 2-3 weeks.

To: Ob1
This Post:
298537.6 in reply to 298537.5
Date: 02/18/2019 05:52:29
Overall Posts Rated:
I have the same observation with the minutes, Coach Obi. Players with high stamina (respectable and above) tend to play more than 70 minutes.

This Post:
298537.7 in reply to 298537.6
Date: 02/18/2019 19:57:25
O-Beshimi
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Also want to add change of ownership now will surely add to GS drops baka pwede pagkatapos na lang ng tournament. Sacrifice muna tayo lahat for the sake of the team. I know its tempting to sell your trainees during this time but we really need ownership to be stable during the tournament.

This Post:
298537.8 in reply to 298537.7
Date: 02/19/2019 01:02:00
Overall Posts Rated:
And we have the group.
This time we have been lucky, we avoided the monster group with USA France China Germany and Poland 😂
Our calendar anyway is the worst possible, having to deal immediately with italy and having Israel only as last opponent.
So please give me shaped players because we need to pick up wins sooner than later.
Opponents: Italy, Peru, Egypt, Spain and Israel.

Just for curiosity the first three are our scrimmages of this season 😂

This Post:
298537.9 in reply to 298537.8
Date: 02/19/2019 02:27:36
O-Beshimi
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Egypt is the only team we have a decisive and clear edge. I expect every game to be close. If your staff can send bb mails friendly reminders for gameshape to the owners that would be awesome. Spain and Peru are not to be taken lightly though i think we have a slight edge. Best effort is all we can ask. No politics, criticism and excuses. Win or lose I think we are all proud that we are competing.

This Post:
298537.10 in reply to 298537.8
Date: 02/26/2019 07:26:33
O-Beshimi
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Tough loss against Italy but I hope we bounce back against Peru. Peru took it easy in their last game. Spain caught a break with wrong GDP against Israel. Tough matches for sure remain in our schedule. Our shape was pretty good this week, just didnt have enough firepower to match up. Lets hope we catch a break next week, good luck coach.

This Post:
298537.11 in reply to 298537.10
Date: 02/26/2019 11:23:37
Overall Posts Rated:
Italy - Philippines 123-89

Mixed feelings after this match. We faced probably the best team in the world and we've been annihilated worse than I expected at first. Our offense is really good, our outside rating is probably the best along all the competition but indeed without defense and rebounding you can't win matches.
Italians big men are outstanding and despite my clinched prediction they shopped baskets for free in our paint.
We can say we allowed many oreb tap in, but generally speaking they are too ahead of us right now where primaries count considering low enth for all teams. Our scorers did it good with de lira torching Italians small forward and gamosa putting up a solid Performance. Our bench didn't do their job and our power forward position has been dismantled in all his rotating players. Lim buiza and Domingo were outscored by salary record man Argappio.
No drama for this loss, we can start our competition next week vs Peru.

Mvp: Bill Leon De Lira