BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Philippines > [U21] S44-45: defend the yard!

[U21] S44-45: defend the yard!

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 11/03/2018 11:24:09
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello everyone and first of all thanks for your trust in me.
I received almost all the votes here and I'm really happy to see that the good results we achieved last season can go on in this one.
Our roster for this season is poor, but thanks to the home court we can set a medal as a target.
Without the home court our realistic goal could have been a third place in the second group πŸ˜‚
Let me spend few words on last season: our roster was very close to my view of the game and I displayed many matches in which my chemistry idea of this game took the best over better skilled teams.
To me putting the 5 best players on court doesn't mean to put the best lineup. I used to pair good defenders next to good offensive players. I suggest to the game engine who I want to take shots and who I want to stay quiet and that to me helps a lot a good flow to find the best option. You saw how many damages our patient did, you saw how Salinas locked up on defense, you saw nochete switching position across pg sg and sf. To me players role depend strictly on which game plan I want the flow to follow. And that's a balance really hard to find. But if you succeed then you can create many upsets to stronger teams. And Switzerland Israel and Poland know that πŸ˜‚

The current season roster has lack of depth in different roles and that will force me to risk more on lineups and training plan too. Our debut is on Monday against Saudi Arabia, minutes were almost perfect and yeah, I cant wait to begin 😊
Our next roster will be awesome. So this season goal is to reach a spot in the next world cup!

Follow us on Monday. Filipino home court for the Asia championship. Hooray!

This Post:
297094.2 in reply to 297094.1
Date: 11/05/2018 00:59:41
O-Beshimi
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Best of luck to you and your staff. Lets try to maintain very good game shape for the entire season to give us the best shot of winning. I would like to suggest to the owners of the u21 team players to help by hiring a sports psychologist. Keeping the minutes optimal is still the best way to go but a little boost in GS doesn't hurt. Go U21!

This Post:
297094.3 in reply to 297094.1
Date: 11/05/2018 08:06:37
Diamond Dogs
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:

Full Box Scores and Match Replay here - (48600)

Last edited by Pro_Shot πŸ‡΅πŸ‡­ at 11/05/2018 08:09:28

To: Ob1
This Post:
297094.4 in reply to 297094.2
Date: 11/09/2018 18:57:24
Overall Posts Rated:
I couldn't help but agree with this. You see, when your boy is now in U21 NT, it is the best time to buy a Sports Psychologist!

This Post:
297094.5 in reply to 297094.4
Date: 12/07/2018 15:44:16
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey,

Finally I managed to buy a new PC, sorry for being so late in communication but I've been without a computer since september
What can we say, as you can easily see, our team is weaker tha many of our second round opponents. This first stage is only needed to make some slight adjustment and to test something against low level opponents and we can say we did it.
Without taking even in consideration the point difference, we decided to use these matches to test lineups, switching players a bit also between different positions (Fornoles played PG SG SF and PF) and we had to deal with two bad injuries. Gavadan, our leader in the frontcourt, stayed out of action for two weeks, Rebueno for one week.
We're still undefeated after manhandling all of our opponents, now Japan and Malaysia will offer more of a challenge, waiting for the second round in which Australia and Hong Kong seem on target to be again our major obstacles.
About training, I would recommend as I did last season to focus more on primaries. It's true that multiskilled players are better suitable for many roles and tactics but to win in U21 championships you have to have primaries. Just look at Australia, their centers full of primaries have outstanding DMIs and Salaries, same goes for China. If we want to compete with this kind of level we need to have world caliber players like Rios last season.
For instance, Rios has been immediatly picked up by Coach Joerge for the NT.

Unfortunately I'm seeing many one on one SF PF training without reason, only for the sake of the TSP, which means nothing and it's highly considerable in favour of this topic to say that we have many 20yo players more ready than the other 21yos. About big men especially, we have a 19yo player who can have chances in this season. I said 19yo and I said this season.
And that should not happen, but due to botification of someone and lack of talents in this generation this can definetly happen soon.
Luckily our next seasons look very promising, 20yo have a solid base and current 19yo are growing fast to compete for the gold. So I'm absolutely positive for the future but you know, I'm a competitive guy and since we have the home court I would like to achieve something big. You too I assume!

#defendtheyard
#nevergiveup

This Post:
297094.6 in reply to 297094.5
Date: 12/07/2018 21:22:41
O-Beshimi
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
For u21, primaries are more important than secondaries definitely agree. Seniors on the other hand need both high primaries and good secondaries. In my case, I need an elastic effect for passing training which only comes with related skills (higher handling and driving). I can only allot a few weeks of passing training next season then back to primaries. We can have some mono skilled training going on to supplement the team. High salaried guys who fulfill one purpose. I think we need more people training to give you more depth and prospects to choose from. 19 year olds making the team is surely a bad sign.

I don't think we have the numbers (active teams who are willing to train) yet. We are trying to get more people to train because after all, this is a team effort. 18 solid players is not really that much to ask for a country with this many registered users. I would say if we can have at least 9 solid players next season with an average salary of 20K and well built maybe a few 50K and above range you can work with we can make a lot of noise. For now this is our team so we just have to make the best of it.

We are lacking in competitive spirit. Dont know how to light a fire with my countrymen. FYI guys i am still alive in the cup tournament. I should have no business being in the final 16. DIV 3 teams shouldn't make it this far in this round and currently we have 4 div 3 teams still alive in the final 16. BTW, I am the lowest seed in the tournament and still training 3 pinoys. Hindi ako nagyayabang guys pero talagang kailangan natin magising. Have some pride guys our coach needs better players lets give him a chance to win.

Last edited by Ob1 at 12/07/2018 21:35:49

This Post:
297094.7 in reply to 297094.6
Date: 12/08/2018 04:13:26
Overall Posts Rated:
Absolutely agree! Actually, we are in the process of having active managers together. Furthermore, we are able to get legends back here in BB like PH_cezz. πŸ˜‚ I am not sure if you are already in that GC.

Being a country with 250+ active teams is not honestly a small community. Why can't there be unity in making good prospects? To date, we have a handful of managers who trains youngsters like SkyWalkersZero and tmen, but we need more to provide a lot of good breeds and be at the same level as other world powerhouses. Imagine, if all of those 250+ teams will produce good youngsters, then that will give us at least 500 U21 hopefuls to choose from. That's be insane!

This Post:
297094.8 in reply to 297094.6
Date: 12/08/2018 04:13:27
Overall Posts Rated:
Absolutely agree! Actually, we are in the process of having active managers together. Furthermore, we are able to get legends back here in BB like PH_cezz. πŸ˜‚ I am not sure if you are already in that GC.

Being a country with 250+ active teams is not honestly a small community. Why can't there be unity in making good prospects? To date, we have a handful of managers who trains youngsters like SkyWalkersZero and tmen, but we need more to provide a lot of good breeds and be at the same level as other world powerhouses. Imagine, if all of those 250+ teams will produce good youngsters, then that will give us at least 500 U21 hopefuls to choose from. That'd be insane!

This Post:
297094.9 in reply to 297094.7
Date: 12/08/2018 05:15:51
O-Beshimi
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I think my point also was to raise the bar of training. Before you can raise the bar you need a wider pool of managers who are active and willing to train serious u21 (even Seniors) material. I doubt there are more than 10 managers in Pilipinas BB who can execute a training plan and stick to it. Of course i would like to be proven wrong.

I am trying to appeal to each persons competitive spirit. If we keep doing the same things over and over and expect different results that is insanity. Si Einstein ang nagsabi non and more recently Lebron. Second fiddle only to China and Taiwan or whoever has the better program. Not that much different from managing your own team. Pag tinalo ka ng isang team itong season gumawa ka ng paraan para mas malaki ang pagasa mo sa susunod na season. Sa u21 actually patas lahat ng teams. Everyone gets a chance to train 18 year old players pareho lang naman ang access natin sa trainers at secondary ones. Kulang ba ang knowledge natin? I think a little bit. The bigger problem is the disinterest to train local. That is something that needs numbers to generate a pool of prospects.

I have supported all u21 coaches from the best of them to the worst. Whether they got my vote or not in the past we should support whoever is sitting. That is the least we can do, kasi at the end of the day Pinoy tayo lahat. Our coach is considering including a 19 year old. Pasensiya na guys ako nahihya para sa atin. We can do better than this.

This Post:
297094.10 in reply to 297094.9
Date: 12/17/2018 11:08:36
Overall Posts Rated:
First round completed with a very dominant win against a tough opponent like Malaysia in a slow paced match in which defenses had the best over the offenders.
It’s really remarkable that we allowed only 27 pts to our opponent, while our second unit leader Lim managed to produce a good scoring outcome with teen minutes.
Dionson helped a lot the flow and generally speaking our leeader Gavadan kept the focus while shooting at high percentage.

Many surprises from the other groups, with australia using enth to beat taiwan and hong kong crunching in china. Bad choice for them since this loss nearly killed their chances in the second stage while China displayed an outstanding performance that candidates them as the heavy favorite for the gold as well as australia.

Next group should pair us with japan australia indonesia hong kong and hanguk. Keep it up with shape and training, we are doing a good job!

#defendtheyard

Last edited by NdR619 - Pilipinas U21 at 12/17/2018 11:17:51

This Post:
297094.11 in reply to 297094.10
Date: 12/17/2018 22:29:58
O-Beshimi
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Even Australia played normal. What were they thinking? The wins and losses do not carry over in the next round. Both Australia and HK have already qualified. We are all back to 0 anyway but the enthusiasm hit of HK playing CT will affect them moving forward.