Ireland - I.1 > Irish u21 Team

Irish u21 Team

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 09/19/2016 15:06:50
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi all,

For anyone who is interested in training their players I've added a quick link to show you how to do so.

The basics of it shows elastic training concept;

"What is the elastic effect? it’s described as “The increased or decreased speed a skill will train at when its corresponding skills are higher or lower relative to the said skill.” What this means is that in order to effectively train a player, you’re going to want to rotate what skill is trained quite frequently. An example of the elastic effect would be when a guard with all respectable skills is given non-stop jump shot training. Each new jump shot pop is going to take longer than the last because of all the respectable skills slowing it down. Alternatively, if you had a guard with atrocious jump shot (and all his other skills at respectable), his jump shot would increase at a faster rate than his other skills. BB players have a natural tendency to strive for a balanced game so do them a favour and mix up your training every once in a while. The more you rotate training skills, the faster a player will train."

http://buzzerbeater.wgz.cz/rubriky/training-affect

This Post:
282266.2 in reply to 282266.1
Date: 09/24/2016 16:30:48
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi Coach,

So what's the difference of using Training Team instead of position oriented training? Does it really hurt development? I wouldn't want to concentrate training positions if my team has a handful of youngsters.

Thanks and good luck!

TBB

This Post:
282266.3 in reply to 282266.2
Date: 09/27/2016 18:33:44
Overall Posts Rated:
In regards to to which type of training?

If you wish to train a particular skill in a player, the best way is to train just that position in which the skill gets training, e.g You have a player and wish to improve his outside defense, then train them for pressure as PG for that week. PG's who train in Pressure will more than likely get a pop in Outside Def compared to PG/SG training in Pressure. It's much more focused. So to answer your question ya, it does hurt development.

It can be a case of pick your poison, but if you don't give a particular player all the attention they you are slowing down his progress.

Does that make sense?

http://buzzerbeater.wgz.cz/rubriky/tactics This is actually a good site to learn more about buzzerbeater.

This Post:
282266.4 in reply to 282266.3
Date: 09/28/2016 08:32:50
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks coach!
But that would mean that SF are usually the worst ones to develop as there is no focused training for them in any case (either Wingmen or SF/PF/C). Also, wouldn't that prevent you from having youngsters in different positions and dedicate to develop one position per season? I know that players over 29 almost stop improving, but I wonder if that would increase their drops in their strengths.

Thanks for the help and all the best!

This Post:
282266.5 in reply to 282266.4
Date: 10/11/2016 14:12:07
Overall Posts Rated:
Ya your right, SF are the hardest to train and thats why they sell the highest on the transfer market.

Secondly your correct again, but thats the way is game is built. You can't focus on two players in different position unlike in real life. If you were to train and center one week and a guard in the next week then both players miss training and not reaching their full potential. If you want to get the most from a player then focus on just them. You can get a second player to train in that position too.

Hope that helpful and sorry in the delay of my reply

This Post:
282266.6 in reply to 282266.5
Date: 10/13/2016 07:36:41
Overall Posts Rated:
No worries Coach, thanks for the insights! I will consider this with my next batch of trainees.

Let me know if you need any help on the U21 team and good luck!

TBB