Ireland - I.1 > All-Star Week 30

All-Star Week 30

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 03/10/2015 12:06:25
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi all,

As host of this years' All-Star Weekend I take it as my responsibility to release a media statement.

First things first, I am honored to be hosting the all-star events for the most prodigious league in Ireland. This year we hope it ill go smashing. We have entertainment for all kids who visit Castleisland City this week and even more fun for the lucky fnas to be apart of the 30,000 to fill The Stadium of Pride.

For the younglings we have carnivals throughout the city, each with their own individual theme. These themes are Ben10, Pokemon (For the people who want to be young), Transformers and Scare Theme.

for the more "mature";
The 12 pubs of Dooneen will be offering 50% of every second drink on a order. As well the nightclub Night Owls will break tradition this year and open for more than just Christmas Day this year and will be open for the full week. We realize the Irish basketball community is diverse and maybe more international than Irish, especially since from what we understand 1 (Derrick Sheridan)Irish Player has made the squad, there will be international night everynight. Each pub will have their own nationality and if you can can prove you are from here, drinks are on the house.

We have a host of acts before each event and opening the 3 point shootout tonight will Imagine Dragons and Kodaline (Keep it Irish). Each of which will be paying music in a pub after. Tomorrows opening will be an address to the public and welcoming from President of Ireland Michael D. Higgins followed by the wonderful Arianna Grande and U2 will be electrify the crowd at halftime.

The committee are open to any more ideas or events so please forward more suggestions on this years All-Star Week.

We would like to thank our sponsors of Den Joes, Garveys and the local church. All proceed will be donated, 50% back to the Irish Basketball Committee for the development of the game and the hope of producing an Irish NBA player, and the other 50% to various other non-profit Irish Charities.

We hope that everyone will drink responsibly over the week and please have fun in the right manner.

Regards,
Host of All-Star Week 30,
Dooneen Titans CEO & Head Coach,
Declan Cahill

Last edited by Declan Cahill at 03/10/2015 16:54:47

This Post:
268241.2 in reply to 268241.1
Date: 03/12/2015 17:48:54
Overall Posts Rated:
Good craic, mate

This Post:
268241.3 in reply to 268241.2
Date: 03/16/2015 05:33:42
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks Wakes,

Was very happy with the whole week. Most of the mangers did behave themselves which was great to see. We won't speak about what happened in International Night in Kearney's Pub on Tuesday night. I think the police report will be an interesting read though.

Apologies aswell for Yue Kaixuan walking around after the game Wednesday night with the MVP medal around his neck. He does get homesick and as a result those let these things go to head sometimes, he will be punished for his actions.

Overall though I felt the highlight was when President Michael D. Higgins sang the national anthem with Kodaline. That was something special and the perfect way to set up the whole week. Just a pity he decided to try sing and strip with Arianna Grande the next night, infairness though at least he had the courage to do it.