Show messages by
This Post:
136516.67 in reply to 136516.65
Date: 03/24/2010 01:32:33
1986 Celtics
IV.10
Overall Posts Rated:
i really don't follow your arguement.

You seem to say that the reason why teams that demoted were able to keep their rosters as they entered your division was because of TV contracts. That's can't be true because everyone in the league has the same TV contract. The real reason they were able to keep their contracts was maybe because they had saved large amounts of cash, and could afford to burn through cash assets for a season.. or maybe because they had better arenas. Two things we tried to advance. Also, maybe they got demoted because they had a roster which was not up to DII standards.. so their roster wasn't much better than the average DIII roster.

This Post:
136516.68 in reply to 136516.67
Date: 03/24/2010 03:08:22
Overall Posts Rated:
I have barely time to read and answer but a GM edited my original post where I compared to players who were on sale to understand better what I meant and the reason why at this point of the game PG-SG´s salaries are not equal to PF-C´s salaries.

Killed means "no more it gonna happens", English is no my mother tongue so maybe I´m aware it could sound weird or bad for you, sorry if it was in this way.

I´ll explain more things in a couple of hours,

regards

Last edited by Mr.Mac at 03/24/2010 03:10:48

This Post:
136516.69 in reply to 136516.68
Date: 03/24/2010 03:56:26
Overall Posts Rated:
i understood exactly what you meant by saying "killed"
im new to this game this being my second season, i decided early to train bigs and already i can see that there is much more advantage of training gaurds.

personally i think the salary of bigs needs to drop a bit rather then go up even more.
either that or it needs to be made easier for training of balanced bigs.

This Post:
136516.70 in reply to 136516.63
Date: 03/24/2010 04:22:08
Overall Posts Rated:
It actually surprises me as a basketball fan to see this coming from a European fanbase, because most of the European forwards that come over to the NBA are effective because they're multidimensional. But yeah, you can take any player with enough potential, train them in too small of a set of skills, and bump their salary to 500k+. Just that most people seem to realize it's a bad idea with a guard but not with a forward.

So you are bringing up the multiskill thing..but why "monoskilled" guards trainers don't have to pay that huge salary like center trainers do?not to mention that very few people train shotblocking which would raise the salary even more.
Also it is obvious that triple prodigious would perform better than "multiskilled" triple tremendous,so why there is so much talk going about those "mulltiskills"?Lets look at real life examples:Nowitzki(multiskill) would get destroyed by howard(monoskill) at inside,yeah howard would get burned from outside but in the end howard would win that matchup etc.there are more examples like that....Of course there are very few players who can be great inside and outside:Kevin Garnett,Rashard Lewis.....
P.S.I'm not against those multiskilled players,but they are overrated and you would still have to pay big salary if you want to have a really good one..

Last edited by Ref at 03/24/2010 04:24:04

To: Nhox
This Post:
136516.72 in reply to 136516.66
Date: 03/24/2010 05:05:17
Overall Posts Rated:
I have a player(Center) that increase 3 principal skills and 1 second skills, and increase 130K of salary.
S11 salary 153K ... S12 salary 286K....i need a answer

in this area one main skillup is close to 20k increase, this was too low because to few people use them thats why they raise it ;)

This Post:
136516.74 in reply to 136516.71
Date: 03/24/2010 05:13:49
Overall Posts Rated:
1) Which skills did you consider important, and what were you trying to create?

most important rebpounding, inside shot and depending on tactics insideshot.

Second category Passing and a "bit" handling.

Third category Jumpshot(especially as a PF, on C i think it is an advantage if he had it, but he use it pretty rare)

Fourth blocking, because to get it to the heigth where it might be usefull(1,5 of opponent insideshot, the salary is to big or should we forget about id then that those players actually shot the ball that he could use this skill)

2) Have you tried playing your big man at SF or a guard position on offense but C/PF on defense? Did it work?

It works, the main problem is that Sf is a tough defensiv position, where you need lot of OD - so you need a PF /C who could defend outside else you get punded from outside. So for the player himself it works good, he could create in offense and defend like before but you need a very strong SF to compensate his missing inside and still to able to defend on the other end. With guard it is easier to move to the three in my eyes, because creating an outside SF is a bit easier or at least more common(so it is more easy to buy him)

On Guard position i didn't try, because i tried to train my sf in inside skills - for training bigs the solution to play him on sf is pretty pintless because JS and driving is trainable on PF too. Handling three position is in my eyes weaker for handling training then one on one for two so maybe you get the possibility to train OD which isn't totally pointless but takes pretty long which didn't get better if you train three position(and good OD on guards helps a lot too, if you have weak centers there at least i am not scared with my OD 1 center on court)

3) If you started to train a more balanced big man, how did you use him tactically? Did it work?

my performs well as a PF, but he still needed high inside skills and ain't cheap, maybe with 10 skill less in blocking he would be better on orice/effort.

Last edited by CrazyEye at 03/24/2010 06:06:43

This Post:
136516.75 in reply to 136516.71
Date: 03/24/2010 05:37:18
Overall Posts Rated:
my point about balanced big was more that its harder to do then with gaurds for much less reward.

a balanced big needs inside and outside skills.
where as a balanced guard seems to only need outside skills (if they had inside skills aswell there a small forward.).

i could be wrong as im new , but from the view of many others and what i can see from everything ive read this game has gone from being inside dominated to outside dominated over the past few seasons.

i agree with who ever said that this game will become pg/shooting gaurds/ def rebounding forwards only

This Post:
136516.76 in reply to 136516.56
Date: 03/24/2010 06:20:33
Overall Posts Rated:
you got +150 out of how much? well i know how much (though i won't broadcast that number publicaly), and i so i know that more than 30k through training.

from 600 to 750, and es you are rigth i forget batzel get training beofore i bought 'em - so additional 30-40k could be for training.

no... if you are trading a player who you are buying for 1M and selling for 1.5 million, i suspect that if you now can buy a player for 500K then you won't be able to sell him for 1M, but probably closer to 750K. I don't see any reason to believe daytrading fluctuations shouldn't scale with price. So now your day trading profit has been cut in half.

but i don't see players who trade on the most expensive guys(because for that the tax works pretty well), so ifone categories got cheaper you still could trade in a "more expensiv" area who now reach the same values then the one you trade before and there i supposed similiar margins then before.(and still a lot of player to trade, because this areas aren't uncommon)

The next point is, that you don't need that huge profit to get the same gain, with reduces prices.

Everyone should not be running in the red.. everyone is on the same boat... if players are really unaffordable we will see the price/skill curve invert.. but it hasn't, so that's not what is going on.

i though the player didn't improve like you expected ;)

Everyone should not be running in the red.. everyone is on the same boat... if players are really unaffordable we will see the price/skill curve invert.. but it hasn't, so that's not what is going on.

i expect that it gets brutal for thepeople who finish fifth or flew out in the first Po round, because this is a ver yugly position today with high salarys and you don't try to reach that place so it is hard to make the 1mio + to survive.(so at least those places throw you back a lot)

This Post:
136516.77 in reply to 136516.75
Date: 03/24/2010 06:23:50
Overall Posts Rated:
I think you just proved the point of most of the Market training to follow existing trains rather than taking a view as to future gaps in the Market.
Me too strategic thinking=mediocre results.
Gambling on future Market needs=success (or failure)

Advertisement