The elastic effect

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
158094.6 in reply to 158094.1
Date: 09/28/2010 06:35:08
Overall Posts Rated:
For me, that's completely a fact, now.
Especially the fact that secondaries in training give us many information about it.

Some french trainers have tried to train first 1v1 for tall guards in order to train OD more quickly on a second time.
It gave Maxime Lenoir.

Soustre was not trained into passing before last training seasons. When he was trained there, it became very quick.

in Belgium, several managers consider that JR can be trained more quickly by waiting several season if JS-DR and the rest is trained high enough before.

Last edited by Dunker Joe at 09/28/2010 06:35:40

BBF, le forum francophone : = (http://buzzerbeaterfrance.forumpro.fr/)

This Post:
158094.8 in reply to 158094.5
Date: 09/28/2010 07:09:18
Overall Posts Rated:
As I've stated before the so called "age effect" isn't that big for at least 22yo who are around 180cm tall. My 183cm sg has been popping at od every 2 weeks of od training.

the age effect would be only intresting, when it have a different size for the skills but when training takes 10% longer with each year, you don't get better results if you train the slow things first.

This Post:
158094.10 in reply to 158094.4
Date: 09/28/2010 07:15:09
Overall Posts Rated:
mmmh, i still think it's better to train first OD than the others, before the "age effect" comes in, because we still don't know how much this elastic effect speeds up other skills training.

which age effect affects OD more then any other skill?

i meant "those skill that are faster than OD".

This Post:
158094.11 in reply to 158094.10
Date: 09/28/2010 07:16:05
Overall Posts Rated:
mmmh, i still think it's better to train first OD than the others, before the "age effect" comes in, because we still don't know how much this elastic effect speeds up other skills training.

and what difference did that make when training runs x percent slower?

This Post:
158094.12 in reply to 158094.11
Date: 09/28/2010 07:55:42
Overall Posts Rated:

and what difference did that make when training runs x percent slower?

Sorry i don't understand your question (due to my reading comprehension, not yours writing skills :P)... i'll put it this way: let's say you have a small player with all level 5 guard's skill. You start training with 1vs1 (one of the fastest small player training).
We don't know at what difference of levels the "elastic effect" will kick in in a useful quantity... Let's say a difference of 10-11 levels.
When the player reaches level 15-16 in driving and handling, how old is he (sorry, i'm lazy i don't wanna do the math ^^)? maybe late 19yo...
At that point you'll start training OD or JR or even JS or PA. (btw right now your trainee is really useless).

Let's say JS so he gets some sublevels in JR. Keep training with the help of the elastic effect on JS. You'll end having a player with high JS and a 8 JR i think. How old is he right now? late 20y-early 21yo? Also he's now a great mid range scorer, but sucks in defense.
Now you have to train OD or JR that are slower than the other trainings... you keep going. And on and on... keep in mind that any pop up lowers the difference between skills so it should also lower the "elastic effect". And yes, until 23 they maybe still pop up at a decent rate, but there's already a difference after 21.

Also you have to use this strategy on players with a high potential, so you won't saturate the skills cap before making it a balanced player in his primary skills.

So in the end i don't know if this "elastic training" is better than the "standard training", the one where you raise him first in a balanced way.
Maybe it could be useful for NT players training.

Hey i don't wanna be like a showstopper neither say "no you're totally wrong!!"... i've some doubts and i'm exposing them for the sake of conversation ;)

Last edited by RainMan13 at 09/28/2010 08:05:29

This Post:
158094.13 in reply to 158094.1
Date: 09/28/2010 08:01:32
Overall Posts Rated:
And what about 1vs1 in SF-PF ?

Anyway, i have my doubts that the multiskilled training is ahead(maybe a ''little' %)' of monoskilled, i've seen monoskilleds with 21 year old being on a high level and more trained than the ones i saw trained in a multiskilled way. There are many random factors on the training of the player than the way you really train him.
What a good manager should take in care is the opportunity cost on the player in training X skills or leaving X skills for the futre and what will be the performance of this player in the next 2-3 seasons.

This Post:
158094.14 in reply to 158094.12
Date: 09/28/2010 08:09:25
Overall Posts Rated:
without a elastic effect, the player would be finished at the same time independent if you train the fast or slow skills first ;)

When the elastic effect kicks in, you are maybe ready earlier.

Advertisement