Suggestions > All-star game voting

All-star game voting (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
101111.4 in reply to 101111.3
Date: 07/13/2009 14:38:39
Overall Posts Rated:
Attendance has quite the impact on voting.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
101111.5 in reply to 101111.4
Date: 07/13/2009 15:13:23
Overall Posts Rated:
Does a player'snatonality also have an impact on all-star voting? I mean, many people wouldn't vote for a player outside of the country. Also, how much of an impact does player performance have on all-star voting?

This Post:
101111.6 in reply to 101111.2
Date: 07/14/2009 09:25:56
Overall Posts Rated:
Your right owners don't pick the all star team. The fans choose the starters and the 14 players left are selected by the 30 NBA head coaches who choose seven from the Eastern and Western Conferences. Each coach can not choose their own players.

Having a ballet after this Saturday game to each coach to pick 5 or 10 players should not be to complicated. I assume. Then the best players in the league would be chosen to the team.

You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, Know when to walk away and know when to run. You never count your money when youre sittin at the table. Therell be time enough for countin when the dealins done.
This Post:
101111.7 in reply to 101111.1
Date: 07/14/2009 11:11:04
Overall Posts Rated:
I believe that this wouldn't work as well in smaller divisions, because of activity reasons. This should e effective only for Division I, and people from all over the country (no matter what division they're in) can vote for the all-stars.

This Post:
101111.8 in reply to 101111.7
Date: 07/14/2009 11:16:35
Overall Posts Rated:
I believe that this wouldn't work as well in smaller divisions, because of activity reasons. This should e effective only for Division I, and people from all over the country (no matter what division they're in) can vote for the all-stars.

maybe the voting could start with a propose, basing on the algorithm they use for the ASD today. Inactive players don't change it and still make a "senseful" decision. Active teams could be choosing their players after their own criterias.

I see more problems, with silly elections maybe to give their own players higher chanches to play into the game or to sabotage the AllStarDay.

This Post:
101111.9 in reply to 101111.8
Date: 07/28/2010 17:28:20
ChemCats Chemnitz
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
First, please apologize my poor english. ;)

I totally - word by word - agree to the posting of Tautis. I suggested the same on German board (last year and this year again) and the idea found full support by many BB managers.

Lots of advantages would be the result:
- more interactive features > more "customer loyalty" > more supporters
- more communication between managers
- everyone is proud of their allstar player(s)
- votings reward most active managers
- vivid, interesting all star day

Of course things like no voting for own player, computer votes for inactive managers, maybe today's calculation make 50% of the vote ... should be included.

Please, think about it.

Even Worst case .. managers vote bad players, would vitalize the ASD. But afaik everyone is proud of their best players and everyone wants to see the best players of the league. (Easily to prevent by voting only out of Top10 in every position ...)

This Post:
101111.11 in reply to 101111.10
Date: 07/30/2010 09:45:56
TSV heuldoch
IV.5
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree the system should be changed, and I think it is a very good idea to let the managers choose at least the backups of each team.
But I think the voting how it is atm penalizes teams with good backup players, because the minutes can be shared without heavy losses in the team's performance. If your team is that balanced you will never have any player in the statsleaders or voteleaders...
I personally think the beste solution would be a allstar ballot paper like it is used in the NBA. There are many differnet players for each position, but only the best of each team.

This Post:
101111.13 in reply to 101111.12
Date: 07/30/2010 15:58:11
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I have to say that I'm personally not thrilled with the idea of managers voting in the teams since, yeah, sure, maybe in many leagues the best players will be typically voted in, but can 80% of users seriously look themselves in the mirror and fool themselves by saying they wouldn't be biased towards their own players? Maybe if every manager in a league voted there would be fair results, but in a world with lots of bots in the lower leagues, and where some managers are more active than others, there will be leagues with poor voter turnout and biased voting. And of course I’m assuming that there are only 8 teams voting for each all-star team since it would be ludicrous to allow a manager to vote for (the worst) players in his/her league’s other conference. With nothing at stake in the outcome of the game, my guess is managers would rather have the thrill of seeing their own best players on the roster than for their conference to win the game.

All that being said, I can see some variant on the NBA all-star voting where the fans vote for the starters, but the rest of the players are selected by players and coaches. I think a good compromise to the current uninteresting system would be to allow managers to vote for the back-ups of their conference's team. This way the best players will still have the inside track at starting the game regardless of how the vote goes (trusting the mighty fan-voter tallies created by the server), but managers still can have a say in the rosters. How about allowing each manager to vote for 1st and 2nd best players at each position in the conference? The player with most votes at each position (after the one already selected as the starter) gets the nod as the back-up, and the voting results would be published.

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!
This Post:
101111.14 in reply to 101111.13
Date: 07/30/2010 16:00:46
Overall Posts Rated:
make the votes of managers public, and all lynch the fools not voting in a serious way..

!zazhigai!
Advertisement