BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Advantage to smaller country teams?

Advantage to smaller country teams?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
129389.254 in reply to 129389.250
Date: 01/31/2010 06:18:48
Le Cotiche
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
2) We want to ensure that the top division in Japan will be competitive, and that a new team does not feel they will never be able to compete.

i'm very interested in this. is this happening with success? or the number of users in small nations is not growing as expected?

by your numbers, i read that 41 BB-nations out of 96 stil have less than 100 users. what were the numbers last year?

This Post:
129389.255 in reply to 129389.254
Date: 01/31/2010 07:10:14
T_Wolves
III.8
Overall Posts Rated:
2) We want to ensure that the top division in Japan will be competitive, and that a new team does not feel they will never be able to compete.

This is a nice problem! Measures taken now seem clearly failing in its goal. Always taking the example of Japan, the competitiveness issue is simple in my opinion be read: as long as there is someone who can afford a stadium huge and full more huge because to win every game easily, the situation will not change.
We have a ceiling to the stadium box office on the basis of competitiveness of the league. The gap in earnings in the series tapers and the series overall growth and levels all.

Più Ban? Yes, You can
This Post:
129389.256 in reply to 129389.251
Date: 01/31/2010 07:25:49
Overall Posts Rated:
Sorry about what? I don't care, man.
I am fully aware that I come from a tiny country with no community, no competition, no NT interest, and very little hope of growth because of no translation and no interest in the game of basketball here. Man, I got it made. It's so great.

ps- Check out Poland's first division where half the teams have a transfer balance of -7 to -13 million.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
129389.257 in reply to 129389.253
Date: 01/31/2010 07:33:29
Overall Posts Rated:
Your example is not the best and proves the difference between small and big countries:
Gachai has -21Millions and i just have -11Millions....why there´s a difference of 10M??? He could and can train easily his trainees while if i want to still remain as a top team in Spain, i can´t concentrate on my training for being competitive.

This Post:
129389.258 in reply to 129389.257
Date: 01/31/2010 07:50:25
Overall Posts Rated:
I think the transfer histories are somewhat inaccurate based on players that were once sold then turning into free agents. I am sure that the numbers credited to them after they are sold again from the free agent list distort the true figure. But hey, I might be wrong - my transfer history is too long to work it out from!

My previous points raised about even keeping the rules up to date have fallen on deaf ears and if we cant attract or retain new unique users in certain countries the divides will only get bigger in some international competition.

The constant digs v Japan are now getting tedious -Japan has flourished from the increased competition based on dedicated users that are committed. You can call us lucky, but I would wager that in our small community we have used the extra money that has come our way more constructively than most. You can probably count on 1 hand the amount of teams from small countries that started out in season 3 capable of breaking into our top 4 and this has also not deterred the chasing pack that started out 3 seasons or so later from enjoying the challenge of closing the gap. Our NT sadly isnt so strong but we've been holding our own floating between 30-40th in the world ranks.

Back to selling out arenas - the announcements by the BB's have always been cryptic throughout the seasons but it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that the key to success in this game early on was the first teams to build their arenas would benefit way ahead of those that sat and ploughed money into their roster instead. You dont need me to bore you with the maths but anyone still complaining they can't buy the right players or make a profit because of their arena needing to be expanded; sorry you get zero sympathy from me.

This Post:
129389.259 in reply to 129389.258
Date: 01/31/2010 08:53:46
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree in everything you said.

As i stated many times on this threat, bad team planning. We have seen several III or V teams having lvl 6 trainers, small arenas etc, but still the small countries are there problems.

I guess they should solve there planing issues before protest against us. Also i have no sympathy for them either.

Last edited by JohnnyB at 01/31/2010 08:54:08

Message deleted
This Post:
129389.261 in reply to 129389.249
Date: 01/31/2010 09:41:43
Overall Posts Rated:
Here is for me the real problem:
You said:

"1) We do not want to make it too easy for, say, a 50th percentile team in Japan to be dominant over a 50th percentile team in Italy. On the other hand, we cannot create a set of rules where the best team in Japan can never hope to compete with the best team in Italy, because it's always possible that the best manager in the game resides in Japan (it's about 1% as likely as that the best manager resides in Italy, in fact).

Obviously these two priorities are in conflict. Which is more important? If forced to choose, 2) trumps 1."

OK, so there are 2 points in collision.
The first one affect to a hundred teams in every country. In every country there are a lot of "middle of the pack" teams. The game need to give a similar path to all of them.
The second one only affects to a very very few teams. The game tends to give to the top-2/3 teams in every country the same oportunitys to win the B3.
OK but...
You have said that only the 0,02% of the teams play the B3 so...
You are recognising that the game is giving to the second point the nod, this is, is putting the necesitys of the top-2/3 teams of every country (this is very very few teams) in front of the necessitys of hundred and hundred teams.
Is this a correct interpretation? 90% of the teams are suffering to provide a 0,02% of the teams the oportunity to win the B3?
Wy don´t we eliminate the B3 and at the same time eliminate the problem?

Last edited by algope17 at 01/31/2010 09:52:05

This Post:
129389.262 in reply to 129389.259
Date: 01/31/2010 09:47:56
T_Wolves
III.8
Overall Posts Rated:

As i stated many times on this threat, bad team planning. We have seen several III or V teams having lvl 6 trainers, small arenas etc, but still the small countries are there problems.

I guess they should solve there planing issues before protest against us. Also i have no sympathy for them either.

You think all those who play in the III-IV-V series are incompetent?

Can not you think that people struggle to avoid relegation and that this can not afford to invest so much in the stadium?

I do not think you can think of that. Documente yourself please. Of course it's easy to fight for the PO in a championship where all you need is a team that probably will not be saved in an Italian or Spanish II. Certainly with all the tranquility you may zoom in and think about the programming.
To understand a problem the first thing to do is try to understand the logic of the situation and, sorry, but right now you're not doing!

Più Ban? Yes, You can

This Post:
129389.263 in reply to 129389.259
Date: 01/31/2010 09:57:22
Overall Posts Rated:

If i had a lvl6 trainer it was because in that times it was really cheap the transfer of the coach(only 120k) and he had a salary of 41k. Look the transfer of a coach like this. Now its 3 times or 4 times more expensive than it costed me.

The economy on the TL or in the TL of staff members its totally out of control, and most of the times i see staff members or players being overpaid is from small countrys.

Hey but dont worry, you seem you are a genious of BB...

Last edited by Marot at 01/31/2010 09:59:03

This Post:
129389.264 in reply to 129389.263
Date: 01/31/2010 10:26:04
Overall Posts Rated:
Let's all try to limit patronizing comments, shall we?

Advertisement