BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > U21 National Team Debate Thread

U21 National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
307177.16 in reply to 307177.15
Date: 12/18/2020 09:45:21
Overall Posts Rated:
True Patient is not the same as French/Reverse Patient. True Patient is trash. French/Reverse Patient, especially at the U21 level when bigs have little to no OD, can be extremely effective, more so than just running Motion.

I once had a team with 1757 players and was $25,835,360 in debt. This is not that team. Join the Discord group open to anyone, but especially for USA managers to improve your club or get involved with the U21 and NT programs (https://discord.gg/cKpNkt2).
This Post:
307177.19 in reply to 307177.18
Date: 12/18/2020 13:05:10
Overall Posts Rated:
Congratulations on explaining elastics and the need for 1v1F to add IS on guards. What I learned from your post is that you have nothing to add that isn’t already known. Making decisions week to week on training? Already being done. Spamming LI/LP is literally all you’re saying you can bring to the table. I’m sure the U21 staff has noted your advice, but there’s nothing you’re offering to do that will have any real effect. What separates you from anything that the USA U21 doesn’t already have?

I once had a team with 1757 players and was $25,835,360 in debt. This is not that team. Join the Discord group open to anyone, but especially for USA managers to improve your club or get involved with the U21 and NT programs (https://discord.gg/cKpNkt2).
This Post:
307177.21 in reply to 307177.20
Date: 12/18/2020 15:04:28
Overall Posts Rated:
You can name everything you would have done differently in hindsight or what you did elsewhere. You’re still not saying anything that isn’t known besides poor timely decision making that can be improved. That doesn’t take you to do so, especially with a larger nation that also cares for its club teams and many times has to balance those needs with the U21 team. You bring nothing to the table besides a healthy dose of arrogance, which we’re already full up on 😉

This Post:
307177.23 in reply to 307177.21
Date: 12/18/2020 19:12:47
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
You can name everything you would have done differently in hindsight or what you did elsewhere. You’re still not saying anything that isn’t known besides poor timely decision making that can be improved. That doesn’t take you to do so, especially with a larger nation that also cares for its club teams and many times has to balance those needs with the U21 team. You bring nothing to the table besides a healthy dose of arrogance, which we’re already full up on 😉

Oh your definitely full up on....Overflowing actually, however Alonso has won the strap, in multiple nations so he does hold scoreboard. However Zo, I would think twice before taking on this lot, with your pedigree you truly have nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Now I have thrown my hat into this three ring circus. And I know the cabal that has controlled the USA national team is going to rip me to shreds, so allow me to do it for you.

"Bad manager"
"doesn't know how to play the game"
"you don't know what your talking about"

and a couple of my favorites...

"your arena is too small even for a d4"

"your merchandising numbers suck"

and "you should tank"

Yet for all my supposed fallacies here I am, bumping around in d2, no I usually do not have the most talented teams, but woe be to anyone who assumes my squads are automatically a soft touch. And UNLIKE many in the cabal, as much as Khenry wants to crow that they try to balance NT and club needs I DO NOT TANK, oh we have some lean years, we dance with the relegation And for all my fallacies I do have 8 seasons worth of micro experience under my belt I can say that at least in the countries I've managed I've actually got people to CARE a little more about the u21 than before. and in particular with the RSA I feel I have managed to leave the program in much better overall shape than I found it, hopefully under the guidance of a gentleman who I feel will take them further than I. I have always been a guy who has also gotten the leagues and nations I have been involved with more engaged with the product and with each other. Yeah sometimes with things like BB2NIGHT for my own bemusement, but you know what, people want to be entertained. So at the very least I can give you that. Personally I feel the cabal has used the NT's as their personal play toy for much too long. Time to let some other kids play around with it for a while.

This Post:
307177.24 in reply to 307177.22
Date: 12/18/2020 19:17:49
Gainesville Gamblers
IV.11
Overall Posts Rated:
I didn't expect you, the NT manager, to happily accept me or whatever I say, if someone came to our U21 and had a talk with our NT manager, he would probably protect the U21 manager and the system like you do.

If in your opinion all I say I would've done differently is in hindsight, then you could probably find me bunch of israeli players with 14 15 passing, bunch of young israelis with 18 19 OD, you could bring to the table bunch of examples of me playing II and OI and Princeton or whatever I said im not doing, you can link for me MVP and HoF players that are fully capped with 1 or 2 stamina.
You can also try to find a match where I played LI with SG with crazy JS JR and 8 passing while benching a much better player for LI tactic.
Find me a U21 game where I didn't set obvious GDP(even if it just obvious for your opinion), or better, just find me a game where the whole U21 community laughed at us, because the line up I played was ridiculous.
When I say I wouldn't build players like you do im not saying it now just because you failed at the semis, I just wouldn't build players like that, if one of your staff members following the U21 market at the end of the season he can confirm that for you.

you tell me you care about your club teams but you train 160k C with 2 stamina, that cant contribute more than 55 60 good weekly minutes, how is that caring for the team that train him? Guard with 14 Passing that will be 90k salary at age 22? how is that caring for the team needs? 215k salary Stanley that has 4 stamina...Both Caudiilo and Stanley have useless SB that raised their salary to a new level instead of using those trainings for stamina so those players can actually contribute 75 weekly minutes for their teams and not 55 60, but now they have to buy a good sub too because those are 30 40 minutes that will be played by a sub.

Alonso, what would your ideal build look like for each position: guards, forwards, and bigs. For example, if you were setting a LI lineup, what are the key skills you’re looking for in each position?

This Post:
307177.25 in reply to 307177.23
Date: 12/18/2020 22:22:08
Overall Posts Rated:
l o effing l

Advertisement