Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
101111.11 in reply to 101111.10
Date: 07/30/2010 09:45:56
TSV heuldoch
IV.5
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree the system should be changed, and I think it is a very good idea to let the managers choose at least the backups of each team.
But I think the voting how it is atm penalizes teams with good backup players, because the minutes can be shared without heavy losses in the team's performance. If your team is that balanced you will never have any player in the statsleaders or voteleaders...
I personally think the beste solution would be a allstar ballot paper like it is used in the NBA. There are many differnet players for each position, but only the best of each team.

This Post:
101111.13 in reply to 101111.12
Date: 07/30/2010 15:58:11
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I have to say that I'm personally not thrilled with the idea of managers voting in the teams since, yeah, sure, maybe in many leagues the best players will be typically voted in, but can 80% of users seriously look themselves in the mirror and fool themselves by saying they wouldn't be biased towards their own players? Maybe if every manager in a league voted there would be fair results, but in a world with lots of bots in the lower leagues, and where some managers are more active than others, there will be leagues with poor voter turnout and biased voting. And of course I’m assuming that there are only 8 teams voting for each all-star team since it would be ludicrous to allow a manager to vote for (the worst) players in his/her league’s other conference. With nothing at stake in the outcome of the game, my guess is managers would rather have the thrill of seeing their own best players on the roster than for their conference to win the game.

All that being said, I can see some variant on the NBA all-star voting where the fans vote for the starters, but the rest of the players are selected by players and coaches. I think a good compromise to the current uninteresting system would be to allow managers to vote for the back-ups of their conference's team. This way the best players will still have the inside track at starting the game regardless of how the vote goes (trusting the mighty fan-voter tallies created by the server), but managers still can have a say in the rosters. How about allowing each manager to vote for 1st and 2nd best players at each position in the conference? The player with most votes at each position (after the one already selected as the starter) gets the nod as the back-up, and the voting results would be published.

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!
This Post:
101111.14 in reply to 101111.13
Date: 07/30/2010 16:00:46
Overall Posts Rated:
make the votes of managers public, and all lynch the fools not voting in a serious way..

!zazhigai!
This Post:
101111.15 in reply to 101111.14
Date: 07/30/2010 16:13:47
Overall Posts Rated:
We don't even have forum voting public:) I think that would create a superdrama.

This Post:
101111.16 in reply to 101111.13
Date: 07/31/2010 02:25:09
Overall Posts Rated:
Well I dont want to be sad here again, but I think that manager should have to do something first to have the right to vote. Like acceptance with that, then it would be at disposal (normally that would be done autmaticly). It is just because lot of managers just will not vote, because it is too much work. Just look at NT elections and real volume of users in that country.

The participation will not be 100 percent.

You are talking about published votes. I think that there has to be that - if anyone voted for your player, it has to be mentioned on players page (if you click on him) even for not involved users. This will create propagation of this feature and in advance propagation of your succesfull player.

Aditionally I think that there has to be during voting any list of players (sorted by wage or results, I dont know), with his name and team where he belongs, so you can look at them at one page and have life easier during voting.

This Post:
101111.17 in reply to 101111.9
Date: 07/31/2010 06:59:02
Overall Posts Rated:
A Change must happen in this case because seriously i dont even watch the Allstar-Games anymore because it is just dump. The votings are messed up, sometimes there are players nominated when they dont even play in the S5 of the team they belong to, player showing up with wrong teamnames.. kinda creepy.

The manager should have the right to vote, like 50% is the engine voting and 50% mangervotes or like someone else said that the engine points 4 players for each position out and then the manager of each division can vote for them so there are really playing the best players oft the league.

It would be alltough really nice if the manger could vote for a certain taktik. The game is really boring how it goes right know.

Best Regards

This Post:
101111.18 in reply to 101111.17
Date: 07/31/2010 11:11:25
Overall Posts Rated:
Link the match outcome to more merch/TV money for the Big or Great 8 and then see if players dont communicate more effectively to get the 'best 5' and back ups out on the court.

This Post:
101111.19 in reply to 101111.18
Date: 08/01/2010 09:14:52
Overall Posts Rated:
sorry this is a little off topic but still about the allstar game... is there a bonus if you get a player in the all-star game? I didnt notice last season... but maybe you get 25k for each player in the allstar game?

or different from all that, your merchandise will go up more if you have a few guys in the allstar game because when (for example) Mo Willliams made the all-star game a few seasons ago that more Cleveland fans bought his jersey afterwards.

This Post:
101111.20 in reply to 101111.1
Date: 05/13/2021 00:46:52
HAHA001
IBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Nice to see such suggestions, seems more interactive.

Any response from BB so far?

Advertisement