BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Training Times

Training Times

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 06/17/2009 07:41:11
Overall Posts Rated:
I dont think training occurs in each country at the same time and for the purpose of BB3 matches I would propose that training is hidden (gameshape that is) until all training updates have occured.

There is an obvious advantage to those that have their training updates after. (ha- and you thought i was going to repeat myself on the enthuiasm advantage!!!)

This Post:
97474.2 in reply to 97474.1
Date: 06/17/2009 10:33:52
Overall Posts Rated:
All training is on Friday local time - I don't understand how that pertains to B3.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
97474.3 in reply to 97474.2
Date: 06/17/2009 10:40:16
Overall Posts Rated:
Is training in Japan not before lets say training in the US? or is this simultaneous?

If its simultaneous then of course i'm incorrect. If not, then teams in the west can check the Gameshape of their easterly opponents before making a final decision on training each week....compound that with the enthusiasm boost and you've now got 2 advantages from living in a place like Mexico!

This Post:
97474.4 in reply to 97474.3
Date: 06/17/2009 14:38:42
Overall Posts Rated:
Two things:

1) b3 game times are moved to ensure that the enthusiasm cycles are matched (my b3 game last year in australia was moved a couple of hours to ensure i had the proper enthusiasm drop).

2) it is difficult to believe that a team would decide to train game shape in the first place deep into the b3 tournament, much less after examining the results of their opponent's game shape. and for that matter, what would precipitate a change in training? if all of your players were proficient gs to match them? or rather would bad game shape for your team lead your opponent to train game shape to have an advantage there?

This Post:
97474.5 in reply to 97474.4
Date: 06/17/2009 20:44:13
Overall Posts Rated:
Two things:

1) b3 game times are moved to ensure that the enthusiasm cycles are matched (my b3 game last year in australia was moved a couple of hours to ensure i had the proper enthusiasm drop).

2) it is difficult to believe that a team would decide to train game shape in the first place deep into the b3 tournament, much less after examining the results of their opponent's game shape. and for that matter, what would precipitate a change in training? if all of your players were proficient gs to match them? or rather would bad game shape for your team lead your opponent to train game shape to have an advantage there?

I think point no 2 is more than valid. Last weeks draw was much later than normal - not sure if that will be the norm now or if that is one off. It is becoming harder and harder to juggle minutes and yes with an OT in a cup or injury that adds minutes to main players it is not inconceivable to consider training GS at the last minute.

Had I known I was to face you on the road in week 1 (infact not just you, at least 10-15 teams) vs having a home draw my training decision may have been different.

Looking at my GS after week 1 (respectable for all my starters - + 1 strong only for my 4 bench players)... if I was my opponent in a marginal matchup I would've for sure trained GS to try and squeeze out an advantage.

We all know how much different a team of 5x proficients can play against a team of 5x respectables.

Again - it might be small but its there... and I appreciate its not set up to be this way but I feel its a valid suggestion for Gameshape/DMI to be 'hidden' until all training updates have occured.

This Post:
97474.6 in reply to 97474.5
Date: 06/17/2009 20:49:34
Overall Posts Rated:
So your suggestion is to make sure that the B3 draws are released prior to training? I concur with that suggestion.

This Post:
97474.7 in reply to 97474.6
Date: 06/17/2009 20:58:38
Overall Posts Rated:
So your suggestion is to make sure that the B3 draws are released prior to training? I concur with that suggestion.

Well actually maybe afterwards.... either know who your opponent is and be able to act accordingly with all the information you have to hand.

OR if you know your opponent before Fridays update, hide their GS/DMI til all updates have occured.

back to your point no1. If I draw you on the road next week..(nice thought :0) then you will still have the enthusiasm benefit and you will have the advantage of seeing my Gameshape before having to commit to your training for the week.(not that it might scare you sufficiently)

Point is now, Home advantage (fair and luck of the draw) can be added to by 2 further variables; Extra enthusiasm that is yours thru nothing other than default + the ability to improve your gameshape to better or match your opponents if you see they have had a very positive or negative GS update.

This Post:
97474.8 in reply to 97474.7
Date: 07/01/2009 15:27:03
Overall Posts Rated:
BUMP.

Training times do occur at different times.

There are still occasions where teams enter BB3 games 2 daily updates after their Tuesday game to there opponents 1.

Time to regurgitate an old moan until there is equality for teams located in the East!!!

Entering a game with 15% less enthusiasm away from home after your opponent can see what your GS is before deciding on his own training for the week is stacking the odds too heavily in favour of teams in the West........

I assume this will be met with silence or a 'Superflys having his seasonal moan' this however doesnt escape the fact that from the remaining teams this season in BB3 we have a Hong Kong a Phillipino and Japanese team left.

Getting drawn away is more severe for us than a Western team visiting us on the road.

Correct me if i am barking mad or can a solution be found?!

This Post:
97474.9 in reply to 97474.8
Date: 07/01/2009 15:36:11
Overall Posts Rated:
It will be met with a quote from the forum rules
In the forum areas of Buzzerbeater, it is not permitted to post:
- Bumping, (i.e. replying needlessly to, your thread to raise its status in order to promote yourself or the content of the thread).

The BB team is aware of the enthusiasm problem, and I am sure it will be fixed when a plausible solution is found.

I don't think you will see anything happening where training times are concerned.

Last edited by GM-kozlodoev at 07/01/2009 15:36:49

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
97474.10 in reply to 97474.9
Date: 07/01/2009 15:44:39
Overall Posts Rated:

I dont propose to change training. Out of the 2 problems this is I imagine the easiest to fix.

Just dont make the changes visible to everyone til EVERYONES training run has been complete....

As for the enthusiasm - I have no idea either but what if the away team got play on their normal timeframe and not their opponents (will now try figure out if that makes any sense!)