BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Changes in Season 10

Changes in Season 10

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 06/02/2009 02:12:57
Overall Posts Rated:
Wow. I think it's a great idea to make the TV revenue more complex and I really like the idea of merchandising reflecting one's team. Great improvements!

As far as the arena changes go, I like them as well, even though I am sure there are many people who will cry foul and huff and puff and threaten to quit. I think the option to downsize is a great one, and adding yet another factor into the strategic mix of how to optimize revenue is a welcome addition to the game.

I salute the creative and hard-working minds behind this game. Good work, guys!

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
93604.2 in reply to 93604.1
Date: 06/02/2009 03:34:16
Overall Posts Rated:

As far as the arena changes go, I like them as well, even though I am sure there are many people who will cry foul and huff and puff and threaten to quit.

i don't think that it comes that hard to me, but actually i have an expensive rooster who nearly fits to my income - so it will be nice when you see and test the impact of it before the new season start. I am not really sure, how they manage it, but in my eyes it is necessary, to make the financial plan for the next season.

This Post:
93604.3 in reply to 93604.2
Date: 06/02/2009 03:51:12
Overall Posts Rated:
When these changes take effect, teams will be allowed to downsize their arenas if they wish and sell the materials they used in construction for the price they paid to construct them.

This is odd! You build up your arena, pay for materials and labour. Then utilize it. After some seasons you just have an option to get the same! money back although the materials are worn etc. And do the same workers take the seats down at their own expenses, in current case they even pay their earned money back:)

I think here should be found a compromise regarding this. Some percenatge would be more fair, let's say up to 50% from construction costs?

Last edited by Kossuhunt at 06/02/2009 03:51:34

This Post:
93604.4 in reply to 93604.3
Date: 06/02/2009 04:20:58
Overall Posts Rated:
Then utilize it. After some seasons you just have an option to get the same! money back although the materials are worn etc

I think here should be found a compromise regarding this. Some percenatge would be more fair, let's say up to 50% from construction costs?

absolute bullshit, i make an long term investment should sell it long before i got my money back and other guys invest in short time succes and have even more money? Sound thats right?

In this way i got punished two times, the season when i build-> a bit less succes

And the day the changes come, becuase i lost lot of money.

This Post:
93604.5 in reply to 93604.3
Date: 06/02/2009 04:44:00
Overall Posts Rated:
not to burst the bubble for you happy enthusiast.

about the tv contract negotiation . . . and the arena attendance being suddenly choke due to tv . . . in real life i can understand that.

but

as stated "Starting at the all star break this year, every league will be negotiating its TV contract independently, and leagues in larger divisions or with more superstars will be able to make deals with larger TV networks, making it possible for more people to follow their team from the comfort of their home"

will this mean other teams that has 50k to 100k players can do better than those teams that range couple of players with 40k and lower salary and so forth?

i wanna say cheers to the italians you won, all those days of crying against teams with huge arena are paying off.

and another

"With the increase in player wealth, players on defunct teams no longer seem to have much motivation to seek continued employment. "

does this mean we wont be seeing free agents anymore from retired teams?

This Post:
93604.6 in reply to 93604.4
Date: 06/02/2009 05:06:37
Overall Posts Rated:
Easy, I am not taking your money.
There are two sides of the story: one is realism, another is... you just described it.
I do understand you that back then you didn't have no clue about these changes and adapted to current system and don't want to get puniched for that.
Still I think this is sort of sucked out under compulsion, but for the future balance maybe needed change.

This Post:
93604.7 in reply to 93604.5
Date: 06/02/2009 05:08:10
Overall Posts Rated:
For TV revenue, it gets negotiated for the entire league rather than on an individual basis. So regardless of the players you have, everyone will get the same amount. Lucky break for those in the big leagues with smaller salaries. For merchandising though, it's on a team by team basis.

Yes, we won't be seeing free agents unless they are part of their NT setup if I read the news correctly. Great change. With all the new players being trained every season, there is an 'in' but no 'out' so the pool of skilled players gets bigger every season. Which causes your players value to go belly up.

This Post:
93604.8 in reply to 93604.6
Date: 06/02/2009 05:18:12
Overall Posts Rated:
Easy, I am not taking your money.
There are two sides of the story: one is realism, another is...

if we make realism, additional tv contracts will raise the visitor income and not decrease it ;) NBA has awesome tv presence, but even there people travelling for all over the world to their games and even the unimportant one are selled out for proud prices.

I could tell the same about soccer in my countr, you could watch games easily in tv but this doesn't lead to shrinking visitor, it increased it through the medial presence.

Even if i would say, BB making a lot compromises to fun and thats good i don't want a boring game who reflect reality, i like to see my players develop etc. So more fun should be target number one.

Maybe realism should also lead to extra income of this big arena throungh renting, then for concert, maybe selling it for a guy for more money who need a congress zcentrum fast and is happy that i don't need that much time, or in NBA terms the team get a lucrative offer from another city and the team move - who gets competive to the old because you don't need a fine arena anymore.

I do understand you that back then you didn't have no clue about these changes and adapted to current system and don't want to get puniched for that.

exactly this is improtant if you made such a change, i don't find him that necessary, because arena building wasn't limitless and in the biggest arena the additional seats are really long term investment.

Last edited by CrazyEye at 06/02/2009 05:20:05

This Post:
93604.9 in reply to 93604.8
Date: 06/02/2009 06:29:15
Overall Posts Rated:
i agree! its very unrealistic to get the same money back and its just unfair for teams who been there a while and played in topleagues when they did not have to pay much for their starplayers. so you could save some money in your arena and then pull it back nowadays where you get much better players for the money you once invested

This Post:
93604.10 in reply to 93604.9
Date: 06/02/2009 07:01:24
Overall Posts Rated:
i think its good! because it makes the managers to choose more carefully what they want to do.

but we have to consider this, if you were playing the game before and the source of revenue was the attendance and the tv contract which the later was subject to economic restructuring.

what else do you need to do just to keep your team afloat or in some teams to keep their best players is to keep building arena capacity or sell players. .. . .

and suddenly the change comes in and everyone who invested in this term as well as hurting their team or in the sense went through a lot of head and heart aches ( probably have to sell player they love ) gets burn, i do think this 100% money back guarantee will just be temporary.

i mean just looking at it, put yourself in their shoe. if you never cared or didnt mind about arena expansion and now your just reaping the benefits of such compare to other teams that had ?

Last edited by Shoei at 06/02/2009 07:08:40

This Post:
93604.11 in reply to 93604.10
Date: 06/02/2009 07:46:42
Overall Posts Rated:
Nobody wants to watch a basketball game in a giant football stadium

Then what is considered an acceptable stadium size?

capping 40K?
or 30K?

I cannot imagine at 20K; since then alot of people would like to downsize their arena; which result in a cash increase; hence inflation.

So how would it be clear for the people who built 20K up; that is is no longer viable to expand?

I fear if there is no clearer answer the expansion button wont be touched by ANYone in BB this season. Which causes again the inflation.

I really like the flexibility of the arena expansion which makes this game a bit more interesting then just train train train.....So I sincerly hope the arena button wont be a button I will never touch again...like the investing in draft button..:D

Last edited by GM-Rijswijker at 06/02/2009 07:49:34

yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."