BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Transfer Colours (Colors)

Transfer Colours (Colors)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 01/20/2009 00:52:53
Overall Posts Rated:
Ok - having contributed to the Day trading thread and acknowledging all the different colours in the BB palette what about the following suggestion.

I think its about 4 seasons since the first thread which asked for more search options on the transfer list - I imagine this never got to the top of BB's priorities despite the introduction of different potentials... anyhow.

What about when a player is listed if it is below the TPE he gets his current bid/price shown in a dark (blue maybe) colour when you scroll through the list. Then if the player is bid inside his TPE Green and then finally if he is OVER his TPE estimate he turns Red (warning!!)

This way if anti daytrading managers want to ensure players aren't going for below what the think they should they can step in and if the colour coding is that obvious it will make it much harder for the wannabe day traders to transact.

This of course is reliant upon a more accurate TPE that takes out previous prices that cheats have traded for in the past.

Last edited by Superfly Guy at 01/20/2009 00:53:39

This Post:
69346.2 in reply to 69346.1
Date: 01/20/2009 00:57:07
Overall Posts Rated:
So basically what you want is daytrading on a plate, for everyone:) If you can't beat em join em!

Edit: Gives even bigger advantage to players who are online constantly - nothing get's missed...

Last edited by Kukoc at 01/20/2009 00:58:04

This Post:
69346.3 in reply to 69346.2
Date: 01/20/2009 01:11:15
Overall Posts Rated:
You can look at it that way or you can look at it in other ways.

% of day traders 1%
% of non day traders 99%

If the non day traders got together and all agreed to bid once a week on a player that was under his TPE that would reduce profit margins for the 1%.

I imagine though that the majority would get cold feet and chicken out because they arent brave enough to place bids out there on players through fear of actually winning the auction!

I guess the suggestion was really an extension on what others have asked for before - more options in the search (height / potential etc) and now value vs TPE could be included.

It would definitely stop a lot of managers just listing players very high and maybe an automatic report could go to the GM cheat list (sorry accused list) of any transfer that went thru for above the players TPE. It would also no doubt help with forecasting inflation trends.

Can you imagine reading 'Are you sure you want to bid 45% more than players like _________ have traded hand for recently? You do understand that if successful this transfer will automatically be investigated by a GM?'

Now try pressing the button and saying i thought the price was fair!!

This Post:
69346.4 in reply to 69346.3
Date: 01/20/2009 01:39:34
Overall Posts Rated:

Transfer compare is anything but a conclusive estimate of player value.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
69346.5 in reply to 69346.4
Date: 01/20/2009 01:52:01
Overall Posts Rated:

Then why do we have it? If it is more misleading than true lets scrap it. I know its not perfect but it is as it suggests an estimate.

I'm suggesting to tell people very clearly that player X is currently bid OVER, UNDER or AT his estimate (however accurate that maybe)

This Post:
69346.6 in reply to 69346.1
Date: 01/20/2009 05:47:11
Overall Posts Rated:
i don't like this idea, because the tpe isn't that good, that such think make sense.

This Post:
69346.7 in reply to 69346.5
Date: 01/20/2009 06:28:57
Overall Posts Rated:

Then why do we have it? If it is more misleading than true lets scrap it. I know its not perfect but it is as it suggests an estimate.

I'm suggesting to tell people very clearly that player X is currently bid OVER, UNDER or AT his estimate (however accurate that maybe)

TC exists to give you a rough indication about the value of players. Since the player body in BB is fairly heterogeneous, a lot of players will have no comparison, or will be compared to a range of prices that's too wide to be meaningful.

The TC functions is probably better than not having anything at all, but is probably not precise enough to make any strong statements of the type you suggest.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
69346.8 in reply to 69346.7
Date: 01/20/2009 09:34:58
Overall Posts Rated:
I like the concept. I occasionally just hit the Transfer List and see if there are undervalued players hitting their deadlines soon.

I thought the suggestion was to add team jersey colors and designs - I think that would be pretty fun as well.