BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Playoff CT/TIE

Playoff CT/TIE

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 07/27/2008 12:13:52
Overall Posts Rated:
Why cant normal be normal and crunch time be crunch time, why does normal have to be take it easy with the effects of normal and crunch time be normal but with the effects of crunch time. It makes no sence at all. If i want my guys just to play a normal game, i cant, i have to have some effect on them. Kinda stupid dont you think?
Remove the TIE from the playoffs and have a crunch time and a normal, where crunch time is crunch time and has effect and normal is normal and doesnt have an effect

This Post:
40419.2 in reply to 40419.1
Date: 07/27/2008 12:15:59
Overall Posts Rated:
Kinda stupid dont you think?

No.

Especially since Playoff Normal is exactly like the regular season Normal, only better.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
40419.3 in reply to 40419.2
Date: 07/27/2008 13:07:30
Overall Posts Rated:
I just think keeping it at a certain standard would be easier for all players and teams. I dont know even if the TIE and enthusium is a great thing, as when you have a few good teams in the leauge they will always play TIE getting the extra advantage, while the lower teams either have to play normal or crunch time. How do lower teams get an advantage?

This Post:
40419.4 in reply to 40419.3
Date: 07/27/2008 13:23:27
Overall Posts Rated:
I just think keeping it at a certain standard would be easier for all players and teams. I dont know even if the TIE and enthusium is a great thing, as when you have a few good teams in the leauge they will always play TIE getting the extra advantage, while the lower teams either have to play normal or crunch time. How do lower teams get an advantage?

The rules are the same for everyone. Inferior teams should work hard to develop and purchase better players, not receive bonuses for their inferiority.

Last edited by GM-kozlodoev at 07/27/2008 13:23:41

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
40419.5 in reply to 40419.4
Date: 07/27/2008 13:32:29
Overall Posts Rated:
I wasnt talking about bonuses for inferior teams, im talking about creating a fair system. You always have to work to create a strong side and keep that, but when you work on it and the people above are doing the same, its hard to pull the crowd, harder to get the cash, if TIE and CT just matter for that game and only that game i think the system would be smoother and more fair to all

This Post:
40419.6 in reply to 40419.5
Date: 07/27/2008 13:41:44
Overall Posts Rated:
I wasnt talking about bonuses for inferior teams, im talking about creating a fair system. You always have to work to create a strong side and keep that, but when you work on it and the people above are doing the same, its hard to pull the crowd, harder to get the cash, if TIE and CT just matter for that game and only that game i think the system would be smoother and more fair to all

Except there are diminishing returns to how good your team could be, i.e. it gets progressively harder for good teams to get better, given monetary and market constraints.

The system is the same for everyone and this makes it inherently fair.

This Post:
40419.7 in reply to 40419.6
Date: 07/27/2008 15:26:35
Overall Posts Rated:
Does anybody know what bot-teams will do (playoff ct or playoff normal)?

And, is the difference between TIE & normal the same as between playoff normals & playoff CT?

This Post:
40419.8 in reply to 40419.7
Date: 07/27/2008 15:32:05
Overall Posts Rated:
Does anybody know what bot-teams will do (playoff ct or playoff normal)?

And, is the difference between TIE & normal the same as between playoff normals & playoff CT?

Bot teams will play Normal or Playoff Normal, whichever is available for the particular type of game.

Playoff modes shuffle effort and enthusiasm effects a bit, but the influence of both is exactly the same as it would be in a regular season game.

This Post:
40419.9 in reply to 40419.8
Date: 07/27/2008 20:13:12
Overall Posts Rated:
I dont see how it can be the same for everyone, when a top team can use TIE pretty much all the time and then while a bottom team can never use it, well and win, meaning there enthusiasm will never go up. Now to me that already creates an unfair advantage.
Ok why dont you ask the bottom team in your league how many times they used TIE and compare it with how many times you used it?

This Post:
40419.10 in reply to 40419.9
Date: 07/27/2008 21:13:14
Overall Posts Rated:
I dont see how it can be the same for everyone, when a top team can use TIE pretty much all the time and then while a bottom team can never use it, well and win, meaning there enthusiasm will never go up. Now to me that already creates an unfair advantage.
Ok why dont you ask the bottom team in your league how many times they used TIE and compare it with how many times you used it?

The game functions exactly identically for every single team in the game. So the top teams have become top within the same framework as the bottom. I do'nt quite understand what you expect, handouts for everyone?

For reference top teams cannot exactly TIE if their opposition is strong enough to beat them when you do. Which can happen when the opposition spends some effort in figuring ways to strengthen their team, instead of whine in public fora.

Last edited by GM-kozlodoev at 07/27/2008 21:14:02

This Post:
40419.11 in reply to 40419.10
Date: 07/27/2008 21:23:57
Overall Posts Rated:
I have no problems as i have finished top 3 in my last 3 years. But as you hit league 1 the team with the bigger stadium and the better team will make the money. Will use the TIE games while the bottom teams wont be able too. Each team will improve the same, as you cant get in a higher league so transfers will be the same aswell.
Now when you can use the TIE you have an advantage over the lower teams later on in the season even if they are improving.
If a team is good enough they should be at the top due too there game play and not the enthusiasm that got them there