BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Österreich > Growing Austria

Growing Austria

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 05/19/2008 17:38:16
Overall Posts Rated:
My name is Andy, and I am helping out with the marketing efforts of BuzzerBeater. We at BB have decided to increase our efforts to be more active in some of our national forums. I have been assigned to be the Austrian BB liaison to your community.
I’ve created this thread to better communicate with you as an official BB liaison to the Austrian community, and I will try to check and respond to it often. Unfortunately only speak English so I will be posting and reading only English postings. Hopefully this will not hinder our communication with one another. I would eventually like to get a native Austrian liaison to work with more closely in the future.
My goals for the community are as follows:
- Build the community: Increased presence on outside forums, or communications with local media (newspapers, magazines, etc.). One member referred us to an outside Basketball Forum. We did a banner exchange and increased membership within that community by over 500 members in one week! The bigger the community the better your playing experience.
- Potential marketing partnerships with local Austrian companies (Sponsor Advertisements, Prize donations, etc.) We can work out a commission payment for any ad revenue found by any member. This revenue will be used to improve the overall BB experience, and will enable us to add more features, and get rid of any non-relevant advertisements from our banner ad network.
- Get ideas and feedback from its members (Any ideas to help us improve the BB experience for you would be appreciated).

Thanks for your help with this. I would love to see the see the Austrian community grow to be one of our core groups on BB. Right now we only have 92 BB members.
Post here if you have any comments or ideas.

This Post:
31992.2 in reply to 31992.1
Date: 05/20/2008 04:50:43
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi Andy,

great to hear that BB is trying to let the austrian community grow!
On what is BB focus?
Are you looking for Bannerads like the coorperation u had with Hattrick.org or are you looking for advertising in f.e. in newspapers/communitysites etc?

cya
Michael

This Post:
31992.3 in reply to 31992.2
Date: 05/20/2008 08:27:28
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi Andy,

it's great to hear that bb supports our work on growing up austrian community. since the election of our new nt-trainer we're thinking of possibilities to raise the amount of austrian users. our first goal is to talk about bb in austrian basketball-forums.

maybe you can contact the guys of (http://bb-forum-austria.foren-city.de) which is a "big" austrian community.

This Post:
31992.4 in reply to 31992.2
Date: 05/20/2008 09:01:55
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi Michael,

We are looking to do both. However, if you want to know a focus, our focus is to look for relevant bannerads which would complement our site, rather than having to use banner ad networks. As you know most of our members take advantage of our free service so we have to fund the site in other ways.

An effective method in promoting the site to gain new users and build community is whether or not our members can reach out to basketball forums to arrange banner exchanges or some sort of marketing deal. Let me know if I can help support any of you to help BB grow in Austria. Thanks.

Andy

This Post:
31992.5 in reply to 31992.3
Date: 05/20/2008 09:04:34
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi Jizza,

It is great to hear about the desire to grow the Austrian community. We have found it very effective for our members to reach out and make the initial contact to these forums to arrange a potential marketing deal, as there are certain language barriers that may have to be overcome to gaining the first contact. Please let me know if you need anything on our side to support your efforts to grow Austria. Thanks.

Andy

This Post:
31992.6 in reply to 31992.5
Date: 05/21/2008 09:26:18
Overall Posts Rated:
i'll try to fix something on this.

another thing that would be nice are banners, that we can use in profiles of other forums, that directly link on the buzzerbeater-page. maybe you can put this banner in the "invitation"-area in the left frame.

This Post:
31992.7 in reply to 31992.6
Date: 05/22/2008 03:57:24
Overall Posts Rated:
That's a great idea. I have brought that up with our programmers and hopefully we will have that available soon.

Thanks.

Andy