Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 02/14/2023 12:31:41
龙与矮人
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
火蜥蜴
Glad to see a new-player-boom since the launching of App. Maybe it is time to work on improving the rerention rate of new managers.
From my own experience,financial distress is major killer to a rookie manager and throwing money around the transfer market without guidance is the main reason of financial distress.
So how about set a limit to starting price when listing a player( i.e.10 x weekly salary)? It would give new managers some protection from being ripped off by "crafty" dealers.

Last edited by 驯龙师 at 02/14/2023 12:33:15

This Post:
318190.2 in reply to 318190.1
Date: 02/14/2023 13:35:07
Isca Centurions
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dartmoor Pumas
There are players who are salary efficient who's market price is much greater than 10x their salary, it's a bit unfair for those managers who might end up selling their player cheaper than they would like.

I would say the bigger issue for new teams is when they buy players and staff with big wages. Even if they spend all their money on buying rubbish players, you can't spend more money than you have. They should still be making a weekly profit, and their situation will usually recover. But with a bunch of high salaries you can go into debt, and often they don't notice they are in trouble until they hit an economic update and have a big negative balance.

Some possible alternatives:

* Start with a slightly larger arena and less starting money, more income and less chance to blow their money before they have some understanding of the game.

* Delay some of the starter money they get. Maybe wait until the team has been active for a month before the "new team" weekly bonus payments kick in.

* Discourage new teams from buying staff with high salary. I've seen several examples of new teams purchasing level 6 staff with $80k+ salaries and getting into trouble. I'm not sure how to do this, limiting them from adding staff better than say level 4 would be one solution (similar to the way teams are limited buying players based on their world rank). But if a new team is lucky enough to draft a HOF trainee that would be a bit unfair.

This Post:
318190.4 in reply to 318190.3
Date: 02/15/2023 01:49:52
Wuhan Wastrels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Sure we might lose a few people who will stupidly throw out their money, but stopping newcomers to spend their money will be even more irritating as an ensemble.

I do give that advice to any newcomer "don't spend your money hastily". However, I don't think automatically stopping them would be a good idea.

Agree with this.

Minimum team world rank needed for player acquisition is 77276. Your current rank is 4228. Highest salary acquirable is $ 378 429.

Also I believe that the current limits in place for world ranking and highest salary does enough of a good job already. You could probably argue that the max salary is not strict enough, but I believe anything further would be a hindrance.

This Post:
318190.5 in reply to 318190.1
Date: 02/15/2023 04:29:00
MX. Blue Raptors
III.8
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Blue Raptors II
New players are the sharp tool to raise the price of players in the market. It is necessary to limit their indiscriminate spending.
On the one hand, reducing the start-up funds issued each time and extend the cycle. Or, as said on the second floor, postponing the distribution time will Improve the situation.

The most important thing, building a friendly and experienced community that can help new guys .

This Post:
318190.7 in reply to 318190.6
Date: 02/15/2023 16:33:40
Wuhan Wastrels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
I think this "buying limit" is pretty much useless. It might stop one transfer out of 100.000. Imho, it should either be harsher or removed completely.

At $120.000 weekly salary, you have to be in the 12.000 best teams, meaning pretty much anyone can buy them even though they still don't need those players. Luckily, few managers do make those mistakes, but this limit probably doesn't stop many people itself.

Yeah it could be made harsher to have a better effect.

This Post:
318190.8 in reply to 318190.7
Date: 02/16/2023 04:30:12
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm definitely not in favour of it being harsher. Back then I wanted to buy a 200k salary NT local NT player. I could very well afford him since I "maxed out" my stadium seasons ago and had millions in my bank (even without that money I would still have net profit every week). But my WR stopped me from buying him, so I ended up not being able to buy him, which I would need if I was to fight with the top teams in my country.

If it does get harsher, I hope it won't affect older or financially ready teams. This function is made to stop new players from making bad financial decisions. I don't see why it should affect teams that have been here for 10+ seasons with an arena of over 20k seats.

This Post:
318190.10 in reply to 318190.8
Date: 02/16/2023 05:18:23
Wuhan Wastrels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm definitely not in favour of it being harsher. Back then I wanted to buy a 200k salary NT local NT player. I could very well afford him since I "maxed out" my stadium seasons ago and had millions in my bank (even without that money I would still have net profit every week). But my WR stopped me from buying him, so I ended up not being able to buy him, which I would need if I was to fight with the top teams in my country.

This would really only affect people who are in countries with low active users like yourself.

This Post:
318190.11 in reply to 318190.9
Date: 02/16/2023 07:27:24
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Damn man you got me T_T