This Post:
Date: 08/11/2021 02:04:06
White-Sharks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
White-Sharks II
Hi all,

Yesterday I played a zone defense. And because I played a zonde defense I didn't really bother to look at which positions my opponent had the best scorers of. I saw the liked to play outside so I decided to go on a 1-3-1 zone.
However I didn't look at if his pg, sg or sf was the best player.

But today I started to think about this. Is this something I should look at? In a zonde defense has it value to put my best outside defender on a specific position based on the best opponents player? Or maybe in a zonde like that the best defender should always be placed as defending the pg position? Or doesn't that matter at all?

For example. Let's say my sf is the best outside defender and my opponents best outside offensive player is the sg. In man to man I would put my sf to defend the sg should I do that in a zone as well or doesn't that matter at all?

This Post:
311415.2 in reply to 311415.1
Date: 08/13/2021 14:43:16
Roter Stern Stuttgart
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Good questions.

Guess who is the best scorer is not the big question, thats exactly what a zone does: people helping each other. But of course a Center wirh good rebound/indide shot combination can kill your 1-3-1 zone

If i play a 3-2, i put the best outside D at pg. (in my opinion top of the key)
BUT i am not sure how the engine counts... maybe it starts counting at PG, so the 2-guard is top of the key.

Same question for 1-3-1. The guy in the middle is the key here. Which position has the 2spot in the row? SF or PF?

Manchmal ist man der Hund - manchmal der Baum.
This Post:
311415.4 in reply to 311415.1
Date: 08/16/2021 11:39:13
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
For example. Let's say my sf is the best outside defender and my opponents best outside offensive player is the sg. In man to man I would put my sf to defend the sg should I do that in a zone as well or doesn't that matter at all?

If I don't remember wrongly, it won't matter. I think your opponent's SG can shoot from the left/right/center but your players will stick to their side of the zone: meaning that regardless of where you put your players, they will still somehow match up with your opponent's best shooter some time or another.

This Post:
311415.5 in reply to 311415.4
Date: 08/17/2021 05:51:25
White-Sharks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
White-Sharks II
thanks guys that's what I wanted to know
Helps out a lot!