BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > I propose: Eliminate the Minimum Wage per League or Increase ticket revenues.

I propose: Eliminate the Minimum Wage per League or Increase ticket revenues.

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 07/05/2021 13:19:25
Nueva Era
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Bancentralistas
That economic adjustment that was made at the time:

- To control market inflation.
- To prevent micro-nations from winning the B3 competition.

It caused more serious problems:

- Decrease of users due to the little economic freedom, the problem of exacerbates in small and medium-sized nations.
- Revenue from ticket sales is ridiculous compared to salary expense.2- Revenue from ticket sales is ridiculous compared to salary expense.
- Tanking, saving, selling players, training for at least 10 seasons (I think more are needed in larger communities), if you plan to at least compete in the B3 for 1 or 3 seasons. We're talking about a 3 or 4 year cycle in real life....
- The championships are won because practically the best project of the moment finished its cycle and gives way to those who others, not because someone tried hard and managed to overthrow it (this is absurd).

To prevent these issues from continuing to affect BB. I propose to increase ticket sales revenue from 10% to 50% based on the club's national and world rankings and BBMs are the perfect tournament to gauge that revenue.

Greetings to all.

This Post:
311112.2 in reply to 311112.1
Date: 07/06/2021 01:06:49
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Tanking, saving, selling players, training for at least 10 seasons (I think more are needed in larger communities), if you plan to at least compete in the B3 for 1 or 3 seasons. We're talking about a 3 or 4 year cycle in real life....

How did the minimum salary cause tanking to happen? If anything, the absence of minimum salary increases the efficiency of tanking coz you can only have 3 players with like 1-2k salary so you pay 6k a week on salaries and lose every game.

Last edited by BuzzRBeater at 07/06/2021 01:07:05

This Post:
311112.3 in reply to 311112.1
Date: 07/06/2021 01:54:53
Team Payabang
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
The Above post was right... the absence of salary floor will promote tanking but with its presence... teams with Total Salary below the Salary floor will still for its Leagues' requirement which is fair... It will Promote competitiveness...

for Increase Ticket Revenues... I think is not that necessary because of the addition of BBM... Having a very good Fan Survey on all its aspects will already Increase your Ticket Revenues... you just have to compete for it...

Probably what I can suggest is to have an additional income to Scrimmages... probably the income is based on the number of Team's "Ticket Holders"... and again this will promote being competative... It will be not that huge but it will help and promote... regular scheduling of Scrimmages for Training and World Ranking...

Message deleted
Message deleted
Message deleted
Message deleted

This Post:
311112.9 in reply to 311112.3
Date: 07/11/2021 21:45:30
LionDash
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
I will like to propose to include staff salary into the salary floor.

how so?
- Tanker team can afford to buy 100k world class trainer without making too much loss. This result tanker have a chance to turn the team around from tanking to competitive team with high draft pick and best trainer.
- the market demand for trainer staff will change as all the trainer will have demand regards to their salary.
- competitiveness team will still remain as same as their purpose is to win not into training. The money they can get a better player for each cycle.
- Talent for each country pool will increase, resulted in more player available in the market to meet the demand.
- At the end of day, BB is a game where there is no best of two world :). Either be a best team or best trainer school or be a 50-50 team and get no where.

To: LDS
This Post:
311112.10 in reply to 311112.9
Date: 07/11/2021 22:17:18
Team Payabang
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
In my Opinion sir... your suggestion would definitely go against Buzzerbeater's push to have a healthier/higher standard of competition...

Please also try to understand this too that the NBA Salary Cap only involves the Players' Salaries:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_salary_cap

If there's anything we can suggest to make our Economy gain more is to incentivize the Scrimmages games...
and probably adding some concession food stands/items feature... that we can also Sell and adjust Prices for our Home Games... but I think it would be overkill...

This Post:
311112.11 in reply to 311112.10
Date: 07/12/2021 20:40:21
Nueva Era
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Bancentralistas
I've liked that of putting a Salary Cap per league. If there is a minimum there should also be a Cap, so we avoid that the clubs that had doing tanking for 2 or 4 years win championships or B3 based on checkbook.