BB Global (English) > New DT limitation

New DT limitation

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 05/15/2008 04:13:32
Overall Posts Rated:
It's a beautifulday... (cit.)

Finally BBs hit daytraders where it hurts... in the wallet ^^. The great number of market movements is the best perk of the daytrading activity, I only hope that the tax increase is a tough one.

This Post:
31047.2 in reply to 31047.1
Date: 05/15/2008 05:01:01
Overall Posts Rated:
We are implementing an addendum to the sales tax that is based solely on the number of trades

how much is the addendum?

on the number of trades a team has made in the past 14 weeks. If you have only made a couple of trades, you will be charged the normal sales tax; if you have traded a lot recently

how many trades are only "a couple of trades", how many trades are "a lot"?

Do the "old" changes from the beginning of the season still apply?

This Post:
31047.3 in reply to 31047.1
Date: 05/15/2008 05:56:24
Overall Posts Rated:
I like the changes but:

Dear BBs please tell us if the trades made up to Monday will count for determining the future additional tax. I don't find this information on your communication.

In other words: I bought a few drafts last week, more than I can use.

During this season I wanted to sell my most valuable players I trained for a couple of seasons. Let's say for 2 million each.

If I sell before Monday the drafts I bought, will theses sales count for the determination of the 14 weeks number of trades or not?

If it counts I might decide to fire those players instead of selling them since their value is lower than the taxes I would play on my valuable players.

This Post:
31047.4 in reply to 31047.2
Date: 05/15/2008 06:41:22
Overall Posts Rated:

That's a good question. I think this new change must invalidate what BBs announced few days ago.

This Post:
31047.5 in reply to 31047.4
Date: 05/15/2008 07:12:00
Overall Posts Rated:
To be honest, and I don;t know if it is the phrasing or my headache, I understood the general idea, but nothing more...

These are the points that need clarification as far as I am concerned

We are implementing an addendum to the sales tax

how much?

based solely on the number of trades a team has made in the past 14 weeks (...)This rule will take place at the end of this season's two-week window, which means that they will affect all players listed for sale after 16:00 EST on Monday afternoon.

1) Aren't both things contradicting (past 14 weeks / after 16.00 on Monday)? Or do the 14 weeks start counting as of next Monday?
2) If we put a player on the list and no bid is made does it still count as a trade?
(they will affect all players listed for sale)

If you have only made a couple of trades, you will be charged the normal sales tax; if you have traded a lot recently

1) recently: meaning after next Monday right?

1) to my understanding a trade only means those players you bought (in the last 14 weeks) and want to sell (within these 14 weeks) to make a profit (since we want to hit day traders not destroy the TL). Players bought 2 seasons ago are not counted as a trade. This means you have until then to sell players you don't want to have to sell afterwards (meaning: you have until then to sell all players you recently bought and were just planning to resell for a profit in the next days)

That's pretty much it I guess. Right now I am quite confused with this announcement. Let's wait for the BBs to start their day up there in Boston and have some answers...

Last edited by johny13 at 05/15/2008 07:13:06

This Post:
31047.6 in reply to 31047.5
Date: 05/15/2008 08:02:17
Overall Posts Rated:
Well you can feel sorry for the day traders... personally I feel sorry for the thousands of new teams that are now going to be scared s@*%tless to enter the market through fear of worrying about money being taken away from them in the future...

Good bye transfer market..... only the mega players and very high potential will retain any type of value....

This Post:
31047.7 in reply to 31047.6
Date: 05/15/2008 09:12:48
Overall Posts Rated:
do i have to pay for my trades of the past 14 weeks?

This Post:
31047.8 in reply to 31047.6
Date: 05/15/2008 09:14:30
Overall Posts Rated:
Well you can feel sorry for the day traders... personally I feel sorry for the thousands of new teams that are now going to be scared s@*%tless to enter the market through fear of worrying about money being taken away from them in the future...

Good bye transfer market..... only the mega players and very high potential will retain any type of value....

I don't agree. The changes will only reduce the amount of daytrading. My only problems are:

1) There are a couple of points allready mentioned that are not clear and seem contraddictory

2) The changes seem retroactive. Retroactive changes are in general bad in a strategy game.

This Post:
31047.9 in reply to 31047.6
Date: 05/15/2008 09:46:10
Overall Posts Rated:

inteligent daytraders have big arena, strong team and money on account now.... we can buy whatever players which we want ( specially after comming market brake ) ... this means no bad future for daytraders :-D :-D :-D

This Post:
31047.10 in reply to 31047.2
Date: 05/15/2008 09:46:54
Overall Posts Rated:

on the number of trades a team has made in the past 14 weeks. If you have only made a couple of trades, you will be charged the normal sales tax; if you have traded a lot recently

how many trades are only "a couple of trades", how many trades are "a lot"?

These are really important issues. If you buy or sell one player a week you should not be considered to be a day trader. I hope you do not get punished if you traded 14 players in the last 14 weeks. Else I would be very concerned about the TM, due to lack of liquidity (only players put on the TL with aberrant starting prices) because users are only going to trade players if they are compelled to due to economic difficulties. A too small numbers of “free trades” will especially punish users that are focusing on training a specific position and improve their team by buying better player for the other positions.

Lets say I train PF. I sell 2 of them each season and buy 2 trainees to replace them. With the money earned I do upgrade my team e.g. 1 PG, 1 SG, 1 SF and 1 C and I also sell 1 of my former player for each position. This makes a total of 12 trades. Then may be I am going to be punished by the game engine and have 3 times 8 weeks of injury. For not being demoted I will have to replace them which will make 6 more trades (3 sales and 3 buys). I do have already 18 trades within 14 weeks without being a DT at all. So please my friendly BB-staff be somehow generous when interpreting “a couple of trades in the past 14 weeks”.

Last edited by zekick at 05/15/2008 09:55:00

This Post:
31047.11 in reply to 31047.10
Date: 05/15/2008 10:14:20
Overall Posts Rated:
New rules suck because i get -170 000 $ every week if i don't have the home game in same week. Where i can get money?? Drop the salaries then if u want make those horrible rules. Or figure other way to solve this problem!