Substitution Logic

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 10/28/2015 18:39:20
Monkeykid Maniacs
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Can anyone explain for me the differences between the different substitution settings?

Obviously strictly follow depth chart does just that
Let coach decide would ignore depth chart and do whatever the AI thinks is best
I assume depth chart until fourth is strictly follow for the first 3 quarters and then coach decide for the 4th?
What does pick from depth chart do though? Use players put on it but not necessarily at the positions listed?

This Post:
274114.3 in reply to 274114.2
Date: 10/28/2015 20:26:32
Monkeykid Maniacs
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Wow... that's kinda lame... why have options that don't work?

I guess I'll use strictly follow. I just wasn't sure I made the best lineup decisions in the world, so I was looking for a compromise between my chart and the coach's. But I guess I need to set strictly follow especially for this upcoming scrimmage game where I'm playing all the people who got little-to-no playing time this week.

This late in the year, it may not matter either way though. I've got nothing but a relegation match left aside from the scrimmage.

This Post:
274114.4 in reply to 274114.3
Date: 10/29/2015 06:05:29
Overall Posts Rated:
Coach Pick from Depth Chart is admittedly bugged (like the other 2) but it does work if you know how to deal with it. In the past LCD was very different from the other 2 options, but it was causing other problems. It is a thing on the table, which has been requested many times over the last several seasons. I could try to explain in detail how each system works, but it's probably better if you try them out yourself. The important thing is to learn to predict how many minutes your players are likely to play given a setup, irrespective of which pattern you go with.

The sub patterns are very relevant in the game because they influence how you manage your Game Shape. In order to manage game shape you usually need to give your players 48-72 minutes during a training week (Friday to Friday). Of course, this usually is complicated by training, because in order to fully train a player you also need to playing at a specific position for 48 minutes. Many people try to play a trainee for one entire game each week.

The other thing to keep in mind is that when the the game is a blowout, the winning team and the winning team only, will substitute in all the players on the bench (as many as they can, so if you have 7, 5 of them will go in).

Last edited by Lemonshine at 10/29/2015 06:10:59

This Post:
274114.5 in reply to 274114.1
Date: 10/30/2015 20:53:47
Overall Posts Rated:
One small nuance between LCD and SFDC I've found is that your starters will play more minutes in a non-blowout game using LCD than they would using SFDC, assuming they are better than your reserves.