Second Team:
Baker St. Irregulars Beta
hello hello
time to kick the Irregulars out of Baker Street

This Post:
271871.2 in reply to 271871.1
Date: 08/04/2015 05:53:20
Overall Posts Rated:
looks like we got some pretty damn good teams joining us this season.

This Post:
271871.3 in reply to 271871.2
Date: 08/04/2015 12:43:02
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't think I'm gonna be very competitive this season but I'm not entirely sure what I'm trying to do right now. Might just tank again.

Regardless, it's cool to see such an active forum here!

This Post:
271871.4 in reply to 271871.3
Date: 08/04/2015 13:41:05
Overall Posts Rated:
Welcome to the league! we try to keep BB as fun as possible by adding little things such as power rankings, preseason MVP looks, Preseason All league team etc. And then throughout the season we throw in more power rankings updates on MVP and more! its a fun league best of luck to you and welcome

This Post:
271871.5 in reply to 271871.4
Date: 08/04/2015 15:03:39
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey everyone!

I'm going to try to be a bit more active in the forums this season. BelBucs is right, the forums here are very interactive and fun. Looking forward to what this season holds. Best of luck to everyone!

This Post:
271871.6 in reply to 271871.4
Date: 08/04/2015 15:07:23
Overall Posts Rated:
Sounds great! Can't wait for the season to start

This Post:
271871.7 in reply to 271871.6
Date: 08/04/2015 16:06:06
Baker Street Irregulars
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Baker St. Irregulars Beta
go away...there is a curmudgeon is this league! a Scrooge! and he ain't ever leaving...evahh

This Post:
271871.8 in reply to 271871.6
Date: 08/04/2015 18:43:25
Overall Posts Rated:
why HELLO to everyone, welcome to the new season. and here are your premature power rankings:

1. Baker Street Irregulars - team salary - 362,785 | top 5 players salary - 253,357 | 6-10 player salary - 88,738 | arena size - 14,450 | esteblished - season 7

heavy favorites and coming into the season as the returning blue side champs, the irregulars are definitely looking for promotion this season. they'll definitely face stiff competition, but thus far they're well ahead of everyone else in the arms race. should they sell kuptsov, while it would alleviate some salary burden, they would still be way ahead of the pack in terms of team salary. homegrown trainee cody meredith looks ready to emerge as the team's leader, and probable mvp candidate. combined with new acquisition janusz langa, the irregulars have set themselves up to have a terrific inside and outside 1-2 combo, making them (as always) diverse and difficult to gameplan for. they're also the deepest team in the league, adding to their intimidation factor. when, exactly, are you supposed to catch this team off-guard? they currently grade as promotion favorites.

2. West Side Tigers - team salary - 293,303 | top 5 players salary - 244,394 players 6-10 salary - 39,732 | arena size - 18,050 | established - season 20

the tigers were oh so close just a season ago, but was ousted by an upstart philly team in a season of destiny. west side presents the greatest threat to baker street at the moment. after kuptsov sells, they'll be within $20k of baker street's team salary, and will easily edge them in starter salary, making them definite players for the championship, and obvious red side favorites. as always, gybels and bois will be a problem for the league, and lévêque is a machine, mvp hopeful. the interior based team will rely on wilbanks to provide balance on the perimiter, and hope to get some production out of adair and bourne as well. they're one of the most profitable teams in the league, and are huge obstacles for anyone with promotion hopes.

3. homeboyz - team salary - 263,582 | top 5 players salary - 222,983 | 6-10 players salary - 26,469 | arena size - 13,885 | established - season 8

last season's purchase of markko vahi catapulted the team into contention and immediate blue side threats. a little thin at 6 deep, look for the boyz to address their bench at some point this season. they're all but a lock for the playoffs. the question is, how much damage can they do once they get there? i've seen stranger things than a team like this beating a team like baker street. they're an inside oriented team between vahi and le dorze, gaining some balance with kasselakis and rauw. kasselakis, in fact, has shown to be an mvp calibur scorer, so by no means can you sleep on their perimeter game. you'd have to grade this team in its current state as a team within striking distance of baker street.

4. Diamantes - team salary - 235,699 | top 5 players salary - 144,205 | 6-10 players salary - 76,050 | arena size - 14,118 | established - season 22

a deep team made for steady league play as well as cup sustainability, diamantes round out the 4 spot. they were successful in their rookie year last season in doing what they were built to do. they're not really currently a threat due to their lack of starting talent, but they're definitely in position to win any game any night. different story in the playoffs, but nevertheless, they'll be very good. they're good inside and out. look for diamantes to continue doing what they're doing for a season or 2, gaining capitol and infrastructure leverage, before restructuring their team into promotion contenders. at the moment, they're just a solid playoff team.

Last edited by FrostyMc at 08/04/2015 18:50:56

This Post:
271871.9 in reply to 271871.8
Date: 08/04/2015 18:44:25
Overall Posts Rated:
5. Orlando Tragic - team salary - 248,186 | top 5 players salary - 210,523 | 6-10 players salary - 21 836 | arena size - 11 210 | established - season 12

on numbers alone, it's hard to put the tragic out of the top 5. they have an intimidating starting lineup, in addition to a well-tenured coach. the question for the tragic is whether or not their team is sustainable considering their infrastructure. part of me says, "of course it is frosty, look at how long they've been bb managers. they must have a gazillion season ticket holders," but the other part of me thinks, "we've seen this song and dance before, haven't we? big salary team goes broke because of a lack of infrastructure and forward thinking?" so who knows? i'll say this, they're extremely young and talented. no starter is over 27 years old. 27! on the downside, they're only 5 deep, so game shape may become a problem. can they buy themselves a legitimate bench and vault themselves into championship contention? we'll see. jesus those trainees are scary lookin. both homegrown products, too. man...

6. Space von Jam - team salary - 228,198 | top 5 players salary - 182,254 | 6-10 players salary - 27,180 | arena size - 20,000 | established - season 20

massive arena on these guys, they have a d2 competitive infrastructure in place. they've made all the right moves since their inception, and it shows. they dumped hinkle last season in favor of 2 starters and it started to pay dividends at the end of the season. they're still pretty thin, but they're also SO YOUNG! everyone could be a trainee. look for them to trim some fat off their roster and possibly add a starting guard and depth guard. if they do, they could be players for promotion. they're pretty damn balanced, so they'll be tough to deal with. i wouldn't count on a very deep cup run from them, but that could actually work toward their advantage in league play, at least for this season. you gotta like what manager texas has done with the squad since he took over 12 seasons ago. they're favorites for the playoffs in their 2nd III.7 season.

7. Frosty BC - team salary - 223,837 | top 5 players salary - 154,760 | 6-10 players salary - 54,714 | arena size - 16 892 | established - season 22

sup guys. it's yours truly. i threw back and forth between me and svj for the 6 spot, but as always, it's pretty crowded after the top 2 or 3. pretty tough to rank before the season even starts. anyway, i still need to add about 3k more seats before i'm really ready to contend with the big boys, and my trainees just aren't there yet. training outside stuff with 6'9" dudes is a looooooong process, but a necessary one in my case. we have big plans, but those will not be executed this season sadly. well, not all of it. i'm pretty excited about the changes we'll be making in the very near future, though. oh, my team? oh yeah. so we feature a balanced and deep team, built like a poor man's diamantes. we're getting older but not on the decline with any of our players. you won't catch me on a bad night. game shape is always tip top and i'm always in playoff contention.

Last edited by FrostyMc at 08/04/2015 19:00:41

This Post:
271871.10 in reply to 271871.9
Date: 08/04/2015 18:45:16
Overall Posts Rated:
8. Mitsubishi Eclipse - team salary - 204 636 | top 5 players salary - 168 889 | 6-10 players salary - 33 177 | arena size - 12 790 | established - season 11

the eclipse have their issues. they're a little old, kinda thin, and they have a pretty small arena. it wouldn't surprise me too much if they have some cash at this point, and they're just waiting to strike the transfer market. as it stands, they're selling an aging cochrane, and their starting lineup is playoff calibur. look for them to bolster their starting lineup, and maybe grab a little bench talent. they've been playoff contenders, and that's unlikely to change. they're a balanced team that can beat you from all sorts of places. it'd be surprising to see them in a relegation series, but you never know. i'd grade them as playoff contenders.

9. DC Wizards - team salary - 221 791 | top 5 players salary - 132 352 | 6-10 players salary - 62 429 | arena size - 18 735 | established - season 12

newly promoted maybe, but in no way new. they've been there done that. nice infrastructure in place, you'd imagine they have a lot of staying power. hard to see them getting relegated. i'd bet they're playoff contenders year 1. they're a little old. 3 of their top 5, and 6 of their top 10 players are over 33, and thus declining. they'll definitely need to address that. they also have an issue with starting power. their top 5 are not going to be able to compete with the big boys. their depth is excellent, though. they definitely feature their perimeter game. that sets up well for them in the cup. we could very well see just how deep their pockets go. if they rework their roster to take care of the age issue and get a few high quality starters, they can turn themselves into contenders. at the moment, it'll be a difficult road to the playoffs.

10. Walnut Streets - team salary - 199 812 | top 5 players salary - 141 256 | 6-10 players salary - 30 485 | arena size - 17 890 | established - season 10

the other streets on the blue side are in rebuilding mode. they'll probably trim some fat, but you could well see them pick up some transfer market meat. it's tough seeing them getting relegated. in fact, i'd say it's equally likely they wind up in a relegation series as it is they make the playoffs. they're selling al anwar, a bowers sale is just around the corner, so with that the age issue is completely eliminated. now they just need talent. trèmol will keep them relevant. every year i think this is the year he'll assert himself into mvp contention. with the streets you just don't know what you're going to get. i mean, you'd assume they'll bring in a high profile guard to compliment trèmol and fill al anwar's shoes. on the other hand, maybe they're shooting for relegation, and don't intend to buy anyone, and just roll with a super young team in d4. they have the infrastructure to stay here, but do they have the talent? hard to say.

Last edited by FrostyMc at 08/04/2015 18:52:10

This Post:
271871.11 in reply to 271871.10
Date: 08/04/2015 18:46:06
Overall Posts Rated:
11. Ballstars - team salary - 196 117 | top 5 players salary - 169 780 | 6-10 players salary - 19 557 | arena size - 13 475 | established - season 25

the newest manager in the league has been extremely impressive strategically. he worked his ass off to build a competitive arena, which he now has, and he has a young and competitive starting 5. all the ballstars are really missing is a true small forward, and it's a playoff top 5. they're going to be a handful this year. i think they'll probably avoid relegation again, considering the red side this season (you've also been a little lucky too. it's another extremely down year for the red side). they're thin. oh boy are they thin. wouldn't expect much in the cup out of them. they're really not far from contending on paper, but in terms of cash and buying power, they're probably a ways a way. they probably shot the wad on their new stud orlowski, and in arena expansion (both excellent moves, by the way). this season they're probably not playoff threats, but they very well may be next season. i'd grade them as a 5-6 seed.

12. J&e - team salary - 174 444 | top 5 players salary - 132 987 | 6-10 players salary - 35 585 | arena size - 11 410 | established - season 24

nice job by manager E b getting to d3 so quickly. decent looking roster and decent depth. very small arena, and a decently old team. 2 of their top 5 over 33. j&e has quite a bit to overcome if they want to avoid relegation. they'll probably need a bigtime center and... well that's probably it. like a 30-40k guy. that should be enough to avoid relegation right there. should be. considering the blue side's strength this season, that's not a guarantee. weird how quickly the power shifted in the conferences. anyway, j&e seems to be a perimeter oriented team currently. a deep cup run could give them enough buying power to improve their starting lineup, thereby extending their d3 stay, but only temporarily if they don't address their arena size. it's almost probable they're up against over-extension as it is. we'll see what this manager is made of this season, that's for sure. he has an uphill battle. or, he could intentionally demote. we'll see.

13. BucsBlue Lob City - team salary - 167 398 | top 5 players salary - 141 952 | 6-10 players salary - 21 895 | arena size - 20 700 | established - season 21

crazy to rank bblc this low. i don't expect it to last very long. they've been powerhouses every season they've been in the league, except for the latter half of last season, in which they began a rebuilding project. even still, tompkins and co. are definitely going to need some help through the transfer market to survive a tough blue side this season. or maybe not. maybe tompkins, hilton and insarte are enough. hell, if they even bring in like a starting guard and small forward, that's plenty. like +50k to their team salary. not even a thing. i'm shocked they're so ready to deal hilton. bblc had great luck with homegrown players, and that's a premier prospect. just a little driving and he's on his way to being a monster, and long term answer to starting center. anyway, definitely look for bucsblue to buy a few starting pieces before the season starts. i'd put my entire bankroll on it. no way they let themselves relegate, but they're currently graded at the very bottom of the blue side.

Last edited by FrostyMc at 08/04/2015 18:52:39