BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - III.7 > Individual Awards

Individual Awards

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 06/17/2015 09:59:50
Overall Posts Rated:
As mentioned clearly there are team power rankings, team awards, team standings, and more however this thread is a look at MIDSEASON individual awards. Now like with ANY individual award there can be gripes made about guys not mentioned, agreements and disagreements but thats the fun of it right!?!?!? Can't wait to start the debate!

We will look at III.7 Sporting News (MY) view of the following awards... MVP race, All III.7 Team (Positions specific), (2nd team/ honorable mention NON Position specific)

MVP Race.
1. Tommy Lee (BucsBlue)...Maybe this is Bias, but i think seeing the games he misses are automatic losses only helps his MVP case! But can a player on a team that may not make the playoffs be MVP? Here's the #s (31PPG Leads League, 6th overall in game rating 14.7, 5.6 AST 7th in league, 1.6 STL 7th in league...46%FG, 38% 3FG, 78%FT

2. Tim Fischer (Philly)...Best player on best team? On a VERY balanced team. Former League MVP back in MVP form. But will that balance hurt his MVP votes? Here's the #s (24.5PPG 3rd in league, 14.6 Rating 8th in league, 1.9 STLs 3rd in league, 16th in league in AST...49%FG, 36% 3FG, 76%FT

3. Bartlomiej Z. (Philly)...2nd best player on best team in League? but again given teams balance how can you decide? Here's the #s (24.2PPG 4th in league, 14.9 Rating 4th in league, 1.6 STL 7th in league...47%FG, 49% 3FG, 64% FT

4. Julien L. (Westside)...FA grab a season ago hasn't disappointed. Best Frontcourt player in League? Here's the #s (17.6PPG top 25, 16.9 Rating 2nd in league, 14.7 Reb 2nd in League, 3.1 BLK Leads League...69%FG, 74%FT

5. Remi Bois (Westside)...Last Season MVP runner up, league staple Swiss army knife on the FrontCourt. Here's the #s (18.0 PPG Top 25, 15.5 Rating 3rd in league, 10.0 Reb Top 20, ALSO 4.9 AST top 10 "Note ONLY NON guard in top 15 in AST impressive!", 1.6 BLK top 15...64%FG, 76%FT

Snubs... Arthur Hinkle-SVJ (17.0 top league rating, 17.0PPG &13.8 Rebs & 4.2 AST)/ P. Kuptsov-BAK (19.6PPG & 12.1 Rebs... Best player on best team in Big 8)/

ALL III.7 1st & 2nd Team Position specific
1st Team
PG-Tim Fischer (Philly)
SG-Tommy Lee (Bucs)
SF-Semen Slyusar (Philly)
PF-Remi Bois (Westside)
C-Julien L (Westside)
2nd Team
PG-Panayiotis A. (Bucs)
SG-BartlomieJ Z. (Philly)
SF-Gaetan G. (Westside)
PF-P. Kuptsov (Baker)
C-Arthur Hinkle (Space Von)
Honorable Mention 5 players non position specific
Tomas L. (FBC), Marc Tremol (Walnut), Yiorgos K. (HomeBoyz), Otto W. (BallStar), Sibran N. (Diamantes)

And lastly to start conversation.... I debated whether or not to add a "Rookie of the Year" Award (However typically in Division 3 or higher leagues 18 or 19 yr old Rookies DONT play unless a team is in tank mode. So having Joe Hilton (19 yr old fresh out draft) PLAY(Start) and have a 9.6 Rating, 2.5 BLK (top 5 in league) 7PPG & 9Rebs on a team with a winning record is RARE RARE RARE. Also says he has pretty darn good teammates who cover his flaws and help put him in good situations. But he NEEDS to be recognized for that so.....

ROOKIE of Year by far is Joe Hilton (BucsBlue).

BUT it got me thinking and its TOOOO hard for me to check without you guys help (I dont know,keep up with, or have time to view your transfers before every season etc. But should we look at a "NewComer of the Year Award" where we nominate Players who are in their FIRST season in III.7 (promo teams, demote teams, transfers etc. Arthur Finkle for example)

Again this is just a thought given typically guys fresh out the draft do NOT normally play/start and if they do aren't on winning teams so a "rookie" really doesn't have much substance to go on. But a newcomer could be 22 or 32 if its his first season in our league he could win it? Thoughts????????????????????

Again hope you'll enjoy & remember BB decides Final league MVP, but We will do an end of season ALL III.7 1st & 2nd Team, and an Honorable mention.

Enjoy All star week & Season mid-Point!

This Post:
271037.3 in reply to 271037.2
Date: 06/17/2015 12:39:20
Overall Posts Rated:
This had NOTHING to do with All star. Love you how stir the pot my friend. But your boy Cody was outside the top 30 in PPGs, 12.1 Rating has him outside the top 20 in rating as well, and he shoots under 35% from the FG and for 3FG. also under 70% FT for a guard. Is top 5 in Assist so thats the only stat he has that stands out.

I wouldn't expect anyone other than you buddy to throw a name out there as a "snub" lmao

This Post:
271037.5 in reply to 271037.1
Date: 06/17/2015 22:48:09
Overall Posts Rated:
Snubs... Arthur Hinkle-SVJ (17.0 top league rating, 17.0PPG &13.8 Rebs & 4.2 AST)

Edit: *King* Snub

And lastly to start conversation.... I debated whether or not to add a "Rookie of the Year" Award (However typically in Division 3 or higher leagues 18 or 19 yr old Rookies DONT play unless a team is in tank mode. So having Joe Hilton (19 yr old fresh out draft) PLAY(Start) and have a 9.6 Rating, 2.5 BLK (top 5 in league) 7PPG & 9Rebs on a team with a winning record is RARE RARE RARE. Also says he has pretty darn good teammates who cover his flaws and help put him in good situations. But he NEEDS to be recognized for that so.....

ROOKIE of Year by far is Joe Hilton (BucsBlue).

BUT it got me thinking and its TOOOO hard for me to check without you guys help (I dont know,keep up with, or have time to view your transfers before every season etc. But should we look at a "NewComer of the Year Award" where we nominate Players who are in their FIRST season in III.7 (promo teams, demote teams, transfers etc. Arthur Finkle for example)

Again this is just a thought given typically guys fresh out the draft do NOT normally play/start and if they do aren't on winning teams so a "rookie" really doesn't have much substance to go on. But a newcomer could be 22 or 32 if its his first season in our league he could win it? Thoughts????????????????????

Great idea and my boy Jia G. would be giving your boy a run for his money had he not been injured for 2 weeks! It doesn't show in the numbers but he is probably one of the best all-around players I've ever drafted. I can't wait till he's been under my belt for a few seasons with some solid training. Plus it's hard for a PG to put up some good numbers in this league.

This Post:
271037.6 in reply to 271037.5
Date: 06/18/2015 09:50:23
Overall Posts Rated:
I'll probably follow Hilton's career. What a terrific luxury to be able to get him so much PT right out of the gate!

I don't have a rookie nominee, but I've been able to find a lot of PT for Livingston in the Cup and scrimmages, and I like his early returns. Also, with Odion getting hurt, i'll be able to get a lot more PT for Brand in the coming weeks.

This Post:
271037.7 in reply to 271037.5
Date: 06/18/2015 10:05:27
Overall Posts Rated:
King? You saying Arthur "King" Hinkle or are you saying i missed someone by the name of King that got snubbed?

And I do agree young PG's at any level struggle because they have the ball in their hands often and they often have low ratings due to turnovers. They also typcially have low Outside D so if they go up against any PG 15k or better they get just killed & they can't make shots against a guy who's outside D can be as low as prolific. So if you are playing Jia at PG yeah he would struggle to put up the numbers comparable to Hilton. Who gets the luxury of playing PF/C for a team with a good PG so it helps him a ton.

This Post:
271037.8 in reply to 271037.7
Date: 06/18/2015 20:37:42
Overall Posts Rated:
King as in King of the snubs. Lol. Hinkle hasn't been performing even close to the level that I need him to be at. Rather disappointed with his performances as of late. It's most likely because I got his secondaries so high. Even though I have him playing Center, he tends to try and be my PG. I either need to find a replacement Center or a PG with stronger passing so he performs better.

As for Jia, I've been running him at PG since I wanted to get a few OD pops but with his injury early in the season, that kind of ruined this year. I may have to just switch my training to something else in order to salvage the rest of the season.