Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Baker St. Irregulars Beta
Here we go!

This Post:
266301.2 in reply to 266301.1
Date: 01/20/2015 14:26:04
Overall Posts Rated:
awe snap, are y'all ready for this? i'm gonna go check out the competition! THIS IS SO EXCITING!

This Post:
266301.3 in reply to 266301.2
Date: 01/20/2015 14:29:09
Overall Posts Rated:
great, marshland is a d2 demotee and looks like a serious contender. juuuuuuust what this side needed.

This Post:
266301.4 in reply to 266301.3
Date: 01/20/2015 15:00:31
Baker Street Irregulars
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
just what i needed: d3 Cup opponent

This Post:
266301.5 in reply to 266301.3
Date: 01/20/2015 15:00:33
Baker Street Irregulars
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
just what i needed: d3 Cup opponent

This Post:
266301.6 in reply to 266301.5
Date: 01/20/2015 15:57:15
Overall Posts Rated:
a good one too

This Post:
266301.7 in reply to 266301.6
Date: 01/26/2015 12:26:20
Baker Street Irregulars
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
well our TV contract went down

This Post:
266301.8 in reply to 266301.7
Date: 01/27/2015 02:30:59
Overall Posts Rated:
yeah, what the hell is up with that? i mean it's only 1k but still, i was kind of hoping it'd go up a couple grand.

This Post:
266301.9 in reply to 266301.8
Date: 01/29/2015 05:48:49
Overall Posts Rated:
aite, wake up guys. time for some... essentially preseason power rankings and analysis.

1. baker street - the irregulars are the most expensive team in the league, and so far, they're playing like it, beating 2 tough teams back to back. look for them to dump even more salary over the course of the season, maybe even sell a starter. even if they do, they have by far the deepest team in the league, almost doubling their nearest competitor (frosty) in amount paid to its 2nd 5 highest paid players (first 5 being the starters). it's hard to imagine that salary being sustainable. regardless, they look more like contenders this season than last.

2. marshland - d2 demotees, they are star studded and rich. talent-wise, they're the real deal folks. they beat a competitive philly squad, only to get upset by the upstart team from west side. i kind of doubt you'll see too much in terms of roster moves, maybe 1 sale. legit contenders.

3. bucsblue - yep, i'm aware they're 0-2, and yet, it's hard to imagine lob city not snapping out of this little funk. they have an mvp candidate, as well as a deeper bench than last season (their primary downfall in their quest for promotion). it won't be as easy as last season, there's a lot more competition on the blue side this season, but i still predict a repeat of last year's semifinals. if you see any movement at all, it'll be for bench. they COULD look to add 1 more depth player if they could afford it. something tells me that their team is set, though. contenders for sure.

4. west side - bois and gybels are back, and that's honestly all you need to know. a disappointing 6th place finish in the red side should motivate manager spnkix to hit the scouting trail a little more this season. the only difference between last year and this year with the tigers is the development of marrero and wilbanks, whom seem poised to backcourt for a championship-contending team. should we expect any roster moves? the guy has made like, 8 TOTAL moves via the transfer market over the last year. not season, year. yeah, i kinda think this is his squad, but if he does make a move, it MAY be a big one. i could see him selling gybels and picking up some younger forward. otherwise, they could make a move for a more permanent center. doubtful either way. contenders as is.

5. lambda - disappointingly missing the playoffs last season, their ranking is high for now, but this is a team that desperately needs an injection of youth. in lambda's top 10 players, 8 are above age 33. he could make up for it in the sheer amount of salary he's paying his starters, which is the 3rd most in the league. i would definitely expect a bunch of roster moves by the 2nd half of the season. i would say contenders.

6. north carolina - after their most recent additions in frolich and valmaseda, the heels look the part of a contender, boasting 7 players paid over 13k. if you see them make a move, it'll likely be for bench and youth, as 4 of those top 7 players are above 33 and deteriorating. regardless, i like what i see in north carolina, playing some up-tempo basketball and almost beating top ranked baker street. not playing championship ball quite yet, but they're getting there. much better than last season.

7. philadelphia - the phantasm reached the league semifinal on the back of league mvp timothy fischer. fischer is returning, but his counterpart, sherwood periera, has been sold. my guess is, manager virtuouz would like to keep fischer at his more natural point guard position this season. with that in mind, look for philly to add a natural small forward. one would assume that, after selling periera, philly would be pretty loaded. imo if they do get a well rounded sf, it might be game over for the red side. until then, their ultra-thin bench keeps them from being serious contenders for me.

Last edited by FrostyMc at 01/29/2015 05:57:31

This Post:
266301.10 in reply to 266301.9
Date: 01/29/2015 05:49:35
Overall Posts Rated:
8. frosty - yours truly. it's hard for me to be objective about my own team, but i can say that by far the best parts of my team are my bench and trainees. they're improving rapidly now, and behind baker, i already have the deepest bench in the league, setting me up to handle both league and cup games, hopefully winning both. still not ready to make a serious cup run, but i'm inching ever closer. i'll flat out tell y'all, there will be no roster moves. my oldest player is 29. there won't be a single change for this season, or next season. the season after that? you might see a little something. i have a plan.

9. walnut streets - improved from last year, the formidable marc tremol returns to walnut, averaging over 14 points and 16 rebounds last season. the streets finished 5th last season, but were never really in contention for a playoff spot. look for them to threaten the 3 and 4 seeds this season. it's been a while since walnut made any major roster changes, but i'd say walnut is likely poised to hit the transfer market soon. if they can land themselves a quality starting forward, they could go from championship pretenders, to contenders.

10. warhawks - i might be underrating them at 10. they have a good squad, very talented, but last season they were mismanaged, just no getting around it. they have an ok bench, and a good starting 5. this team has potential to threaten bucsblue and baker. it has been literally years since this team has made any substantial roster moves. they're riding alcalde and taddei, and will hope to overpower teams from the inside out. that's nice in theory, but in practice, as evidenced last season, that leaves them somewhat disadvantaged in terms of offensive diversity, and susceptible on the defensive perimeter. if they make a move, it will surely be for a high quality starting guard. pretenders for now.

11. crosstown - the highest rated promotee, already beat my team and started 2-0. this team has a lot of really, really nice pieces. pieces that fit right into this league. they could use some starting power at small forward. if they get a 40k or so small forward, they have the potential to be contenders in their very first season in d3. all the other pieces are there. make no mistake though, this team is a d3 veteran, making its second appearance in the division since its inception in season 17. they've had a nice start, but i still consider them pretenders for now. it's hard to see them getting relegated though, regardless, because some of the teams on the blue side, well...

12. nyc warhawks - obviously the wild card team here. last season they took the 3 seed in the tough red conference. after having lost in the first round, they made major, MAJOR changes to their roster, selling almost their entire roster. they brought in 2 very nice looking pieces in ben grubbs and cody vaine. they're left with 6 total players, and they've already forfeited once. will they be able to bring in the new lineup before it's too late to save the season? the great 8 is looking just as strong as last season, and the big 8 is looking even better. one thing is for sure, the clock is ticking. i obviously see them making a ton of moves before it's all said and done, including one starter and at least 3 bench players. my guess is he's looking for the perfect 5th starter (not a bad idea, really). pretender for now, but could turn into a contender really quick.

Last edited by FrostyMc at 01/29/2015 05:49:49

This Post:
266301.11 in reply to 266301.10
Date: 01/29/2015 05:50:09
Overall Posts Rated:
13. mitsubishi - our 2nd highest rated promotee already notched an impressive victory against the always dangerous bucsblue squad. they'll probably need to bring in 2 more starters to be considered a contender, but in order to avoid relegation, they'll also have to make moves. the first place they'll probably look is forward. manager tomasis14 has been around the block, since season 11, so he knows what's up. it wouldn't surprise me at all if they avoided relegation and became a factor in the near future, but this season is not that season, more than likely. good luck staying in the league fellas.

14. homeboyz - talk about an old-head, this guy has been around since season 8. not his first rodeo in d3, and he's been near promotion to d2 before. after a long road of painful finals losses in d4, he's finally back, and he knows enough to know that he'd better make a move if he wants to stay here. his most recent addition is a trainee, and even with a really nice win against bucsblue, the team makeup itself looks to be in threat of getting relegated. we'll see, of course. i wouldn't doubt if he has a mountain of cash stockpiled, and blew everyone's minds with the purchases in the near future.

15. dang88 - in no way do i mean to sound condescending, but it's honestly shocking he made it out of d4 with the lineup he had. it's a true testament to skill in management. making something out of nothing. that's impressive. i don't see his stay lasting too long, however. if he wants to stay up, there is so very much work he needs to do, and idk if he has the funds to do it all. if he is going to go for it, look for him to drop big bucks on a pf and a guard. a season 22 vet, 1 season less than myself, he has a lot of time to get back to d3 in the near future and make a real name for himself in a league that's hopefully a little less... well... viscious. seriously how many awesome teams are here? there's probably 4 teams here that would win half the other leagues. jesus guys, ease up eh?

16. snake river - they packed it in. i mean, i guess they might have the cash to reload this season, but most of it was spent snagging big name rookies in the transfer market, not to mention the money spent on the new expo. it was a good run in d3 for snake river, i'd bet the farm they make it back with a vengeance in the near future.