BuzzerBeater Forums

Bugs, bugs, bugs > CT/TIE

CT/TIE

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 04/08/2008 05:23:07
Overall Posts Rated:
Is the CT / TIE / enthusiasm working as intended?
Because I have seen some teams playing several consecutive CT without any apparent drawback. It seems that the effect of playing CT is big enough to minimize the lack of enthusiasm. Of course, when the two teams play CT, the team with most enthusiasm will have an advantage, but one team playing 5 or even 6 consecutive CT should not have a lot of chance of winning.
It seems that there is some unbalance after the ME change.

¡Me aburro! (Homer Simpson)
This Post:
23340.2 in reply to 23340.1
Date: 04/08/2008 05:36:32
Overall Posts Rated:
Hmm I think most of the teams have very high enthusiasm right now, around 10, so it looks like they play CT when they normal instead of TIE, but they just normal ;).

This Post:
23340.3 in reply to 23340.2
Date: 04/08/2008 07:30:22
1986 Celtics
IV.10
Overall Posts Rated:
what do you mean by no apparent effect? their enthusiasm is still getting lowered, so their ratings are worse off because of it.

This Post:
23340.4 in reply to 23340.3
Date: 04/08/2008 08:15:52
Overall Posts Rated:
For example, this team from my league has played apparently 5 consecutive matches in CT (same tactics), and his ratings stay mostly similar, and what is more suprising, he is still very competitive and winning the 5 matches.

1. (26021)

This second team has played 3 matches CT (same tactics) with similar low ratings, but he has won the three matches, even the second one against a top-level team from his league.

2. (77717)

First match: 2+ 3+ 2+ 4- 3 2+ (home)
Second: 3- 3+ 2+ 3 2+ 3- (away)
Third match: 2 4- 3+ 3+ 3- 2 (home)

Playing CT has a strong effect which seems independent of the enthusiasm, so I could play CT with enthusiasm 1 and have a lot of chances of winning.

Logically, one team should not be able to play several consecutive CT without losing most of the competitiveness, and playing CT with low enthusiasm should not be worth. I mean, the effect of CT should be lower or higher with regard to the enthusiasm level.

I hope I have explained well the point.

Last edited by Emilio at 04/08/2008 08:17:57

This Post:
23340.5 in reply to 23340.4
Date: 04/08/2008 08:43:33
Overall Posts Rated:
in italy a player saw the same thing.
another player in his league played 5times CT with similar ratings

this is the post with the five games

(22706.16)

This Post:
23340.6 in reply to 23340.3
Date: 04/08/2008 09:07:19
Overall Posts Rated:
what do you mean by no apparent effect? their enthusiasm is still getting lowered, so their ratings are worse off because of it.

I mean that sometimes it's not sure wether the team played CT or Normal. When teams have high enthusiasm because they played TIE all the time, it might look like a CT when they 'normal' for the first time with around 10 enthusiasm. When you just play normal you can play another game with 8 (high), then another with 7, and then a CT with 6(high). Depending on the home/away matches the difference might be very small. (f.e if 8 was an away match and 7 a home game and CT 6 an away match again the ratings would be very close to eachother)

So it could be that we think they played CT, while they didn't.

But this is just a guess, it might be a bug too, I noticed this before, and I did have a some doubts about it. But the problem is that only the teams who played the game will know the exact setting of the other team.

Last edited by BB-Patrick at 04/08/2008 09:08:42

This Post:
23340.7 in reply to 23340.6
Date: 04/08/2008 09:16:41
Overall Posts Rated:
What you say was true before the changes. Now, in the box-score page it is clearly indicated which team played with more attitude. The only doubt is whether the match was CT vs Normal or Normal vs TIE.
In these cases I posted before, I thought it could be that the other teams were playing TIE, but after 5 matches it has no sense to me, and I follow very closely the behaviour of all the teams in my group. It is particularly non sense to play TIE in a TV match, for example.

This Post:
23340.8 in reply to 23340.7
Date: 04/08/2008 09:24:16
Overall Posts Rated:
What you say was true before the changes. Now, in the box-score page it is clearly indicated which team played with more attitude. The only doubt is whether the match was CT vs Normal or Normal vs TIE.
In these cases I posted before, I thought it could be that the other teams were playing TIE, but after 5 matches it has no sense to me, and I follow very closely the behaviour of all the teams in my group. It is particularly non sense to play TIE in a TV match, for example.

I don't agree with this. I played TIE almost every game this season, ok I lost some, but still nobody could guess wether I played TIE or not, since they don't know my real potential (even with the new changes). If I play a normal and the other team played TIE, my ratings will be unusual high, so most of them will think that I played CT and he played normal, while it was a normal vs TIE.
I guess more teams start to manage their enthusiasm from the start of the season, that's why it's that hard to guess if it was a TIE or a Normal.

Not playing TIE because it's a TV game makes no sense imo, if I think I will win the game when I play TIE, I will play TIE. That has nothing to do with the fact that it's a TV game. But ok that's another dicussion which isn't really ontopic.

This Post:
23340.9 in reply to 23340.8
Date: 04/08/2008 09:49:51
Overall Posts Rated:
I understand what you say, but just look at the score box of your last match.
Above the statistic tables, there is a sentences that says that your opponent attitude was stronger than yours, therefore you played TIE and the other normal, or you normal and the other CT. In your second last match, you and your opponent played with the same attitude, and in your third, forth and fifth last matches you TIE. It is also possible that all your opponents playt CT, but I bet they didn´t. Are you aware of this sentences that is now included in the box score?

This Post:
23340.10 in reply to 23340.9
Date: 04/08/2008 10:04:35
Overall Posts Rated:
Lol yes I know about that sentence I even translated it hehe.
But when teams TIE a lot you will mainly see "same effort level", so you don't know wether it was normal-normal or tie-tie (or CT-CT), only if you played that match. Then if I have 12 enthusiasm and I play normal and the other team plays TIE again, my ratings are huge and the sentence is "put more into the game than". It's possible to think that I played CT there, because a normal with 10-12 boosts your ratings a lot comparing to a TIE with 8-9.

In my league there are not that much teams yet who manage their enthusiasm, as you see. But in leagues with better managers and in NT's you will see the sentence "same effort level" more than in my league. Now you know that I TIE'd most of the time because it's almost impossible that 4 teams in a row played CT vs my team, but when all played TIE, you wouldn't have known wether I played normal or TIE.

This Post:
23340.11 in reply to 23340.10
Date: 04/08/2008 10:19:05
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes, I have got you point. In my case, I know very well my league group, so I don´t expect anything similar to this (they are soooo predictable..).
Look at the two examples of my post to BB-Forrest, particularly the second.
I hope you have got also my point... if you can play several consecutive CT without a clear drawback, it does not look very logic, and it could be fixed.

Even I don´t want to know the answer, just to point out something I have seen, which could be improved.
Thanks for your comments.

Last edited by Emilio at 04/08/2008 11:33:54