BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Shot Selection/Shot tendencies?

Shot Selection/Shot tendencies?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 01/27/2012 23:19:17
Overall Posts Rated:
I wanna know if their a way I can alter shot tendency with a player. Are their any hidden information or theory behind this?Can skill ratings alter the number of shots? Is their characteristics between players and shot tendencies because personally I tend to believe so.

To: fari
This Post:
207519.2 in reply to 207519.1
Date: 01/28/2012 01:37:11
Overall Posts Rated:
experience helps decide if something is a good shot or not. also, if he has low passing, he might be shooting because he can't do anything else

This Post:
207519.3 in reply to 207519.2
Date: 01/28/2012 11:31:25
Overall Posts Rated:
Those are good points,but I also heard their some type of theory.

Like passing lowering shot tendency while jumpshot leads to more bad shots,or jump range leads to more 3pt shots.Something like that.Correct me if I wrong

This Post:
207519.4 in reply to 207519.3
Date: 01/28/2012 12:29:15
Overall Posts Rated:
Speaking of shot selection, I absolutely hate how a losing team in a close game always jacks up three pointers and never looks for an easier basket.

This Post:
207519.5 in reply to 207519.1
Date: 01/30/2012 18:22:32
Overall Posts Rated:
usually speaking general shots are decided by your tactics if you use look inside/low post your C,PF will use more shots. your other players who has high inside shot will also use more inside shots but their attempts will be somewhat lesser. If you use for example Outside isolation tactic your best outside shooter will attempt 3 point shots.. so on and so forth.
to get a better idea on player skills: what happens with base offense? a player with high inside shot will attempt more shots at 3 second violation area however if this player doesn't have good driving or passing skills he will be stuck with the ball, will not be able to get past the defense and maybe forced to use absurd shots. good driving will make him better at one on one while passing will make it possible for him to see a teammate in better position or place himself at a better place that would end in a scoring basket. jump shot high players will use two point shots more but not close to the backboard, lastly jump range effects how effective the player uses his shots the farther he is away from the backboard (some players don't train this because you can set on tactics for more 3 shots and get good enough results without this stat even if a player's natural inclination is not towards using long shots) . its also important if your offensive flow is high, that usually means you are able to get the ball to your players where they are best at using it. if rival team's defense is high your players still may be forced to use less then ideal shots.

This Post:
207519.6 in reply to 207519.1
Date: 01/31/2012 05:49:42
Overall Posts Rated:
you already speak of shooting skills and passing, my theory about it during an attack there are always some shooting possibilities when the player decides based on succes rate and time left on the clock if he should take the shot or pass around to get a better look. The less time on the clock, the player will take more difficult shots.

If he is a good shooter, he will take more shot, since the teammates can look for better shot after their own possesion, and he have a general higher succes rate. The more passing he have, the better the possesion get after him so that a pass look more attractive to him.

Experience raise the quality of the predictions.

And pace the initial border, when to take a shot or not(slow pace tactic are more ambitious for a good shot)

thats how i think it works.