BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Options

Options

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 11/17/2011 22:46:17
Overall Posts Rated:
every team, has their 1st option, 2nd, up to fifth even... options on offense.

We should have it here on BB.. it makes the chess game (so to speak) a little trickier.

combined with tactics, options gives the game engine probabilities wherein offense should decide to pass or shoot the ball and in addition, options give them additional influence when running a certain play.

eg. look inside tactic, first option C, second option PG. (it doesn't mean that C would shoot every possession, or PG would receive pass from C, but the rotation of the ball and the ball possession per position would be C heavy.)

eg. Motion tactic, first option C, second option PG (it could mean that C first handle the ball to trick defense that they play inside then proceed to second option leaving PG wide open, or something like that)

it's like a first step for a certain play... and it's not like the iso plays, wherein passing (not assisting) runs the play more.

This Post:
202800.2 in reply to 202800.1
Date: 11/18/2011 04:41:40
Overall Posts Rated:
every team, has their 1st option, 2nd, up to fifth even... options on offense.

We should have it here on BB.. it makes the chess game (so to speak) a little trickier.

combined with tactics, options gives the game engine probabilities wherein offense should decide to pass or shoot the ball and in addition, options give them additional influence when running a certain play.

eg. look inside tactic, first option C, second option PG. (it doesn't mean that C would shoot every possession, or PG would receive pass from C, but the rotation of the ball and the ball possession per position would be C heavy.)

eg. Motion tactic, first option C, second option PG (it could mean that C first handle the ball to trick defense that they play inside then proceed to second option leaving PG wide open, or something like that)

it's like a first step for a certain play... and it's not like the iso plays, wherein passing (not assisting) runs the play more.
Nice one, but one that will take a lot of coding.
It will also will make the game too complicated, on start, to newbies, but I believe that newbies can get only a share ofthe feature on the first season, for easier getting accuainted with the game. So, this is less dramatic issue on my prespective, but you are going to hear that a lot here...

This Post:
202800.3 in reply to 202800.1
Date: 11/18/2011 05:40:21
Overall Posts Rated:
but doesn't teams have first options, cause those options could score easier then others?

If a team brings in a rookie(the gap betwen rookies and pro is most likely in germany bigger then with NBA rookies), the opposing teams often starts isolating his man. And teams in BB are more inbalanced in reality, So when Bryant is covered by Bell, and Artest plays against an NCAA II player, why the lakers should force good defended shots by Bryant. I believing the offensive options are generated more naturall through ability and defense, which works quite well here.

This Post:
202800.4 in reply to 202800.3
Date: 11/18/2011 16:10:20
Overall Posts Rated:
I believing the offensive options are generated more naturall through ability and defense, which works quite well here.

Yes, but since there are times wherein decisions by us only influence the coach a little, perhaps this feature would give a little more influence as to what play would the coach would try

This Post:
202800.5 in reply to 202800.4
Date: 11/18/2011 16:42:56
Overall Posts Rated:
Didnt you dobthis with the tactic, i mean rng, motion, princeton use the player with different priority.

This Post:
202800.6 in reply to 202800.5
Date: 11/18/2011 21:21:30
Overall Posts Rated:
but in tactics position is constant. every time they play the ball (for example, RNG) they know that most shots would end at the guards.

or maybe because i don't see ball rotations, because what the game viewer comments is the actual play when making a shot or assist... and not the whole possession.

This Post:
202800.7 in reply to 202800.6
Date: 11/19/2011 04:24:10
Overall Posts Rated:
but you can choose the tactics depending on your personell, at least i noticed tduring my career that i had team who could play RnG bt have trouble with motion and Princeton. Then i had a team who better work with motion for quite a while etc.

This Post:
202800.8 in reply to 202800.7
Date: 11/19/2011 07:37:20
Overall Posts Rated:
come to think of it, a detailed play by play in the game viewer can't hurt, either!